1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: "CP3 has his focus on recruiting LeBron (to HOU) as much anything he's done in this league."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

Oh, but the hope of landing Lebron even tho the chance is slim is why Morey will give him the max? Ok...

2. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

N don't get my wrong I whole heartily think we gonna get a 3rd star. I'm not worried just don't think it would be lebron. But I'm more then happy with what I think we can get. Lbj isn't the 3nd all.be all to me.

3. Classic

Classic Member

Looking forward to the new State Farm commercials with our big 3 & Oscar

BigMaloe, amaru, DonKnock and 4 others like this.
  4. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Yes this is lbj we are talking bout. If we get him that a trip the the finals. N I'm operating under the notion morey thinks it's a greatest chance then it really is.

5. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

This why u max CP3. He's a player, coach, and GM all in one. Hopefully this effort silences the "he doesn't deserve it" crowd.

6. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

From a basketball standpoint how do the Lakers make sense for LeBron? Unless they ship out all their young talent for a suitable third star (they aren’t getting Kawhi) and LeBron and Paul George sign, they don’t have a prayer of beating Golden State. LeBron can stay in Cleveland and just as easily get his butt kicked by the Warriors in the finals. Los Angeles only makes sense from a family, business and marketing standpoint.

The Rockets, Sixers and Celtics are the destinations that make sense from a basketball perspective. The Sixers have enough young talent to trade to San Antonio where they could potentially have LeBron, Kawhi and Embiid, or even LeBron, Kawhi, Simmons and Embiid depending on what the Spurs want. The Celtics have the young talent to send to Cleveland, but Kyrie is there, and no way Cleveland wants to keep him in the East.

So he either signs with Philadelphia outright, and the Sixers work hard to get a deal done for Kawhi (Either Simmons straight up, or a package of Saric, Fultz, #10 and perhaps Covington), or he forces a sign and trade to Houston where Cleveland gets first round draft picks and Eric Gordon. That’s a better outcome than losing LeBron for nothing.

(Edit: Sign and trading Capela to Cleveland isn’t a realistic scenario)

#86 DVauthrin, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  7. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Oh course they would ship out all thier young players. So would u. They are assets. If u have lbj u don't want and experienced guys you ship them off it's obvious. U can g3t 3 stars their. N I keep saying this...its l.a.

8. T. Will tha Don

There comes a point where you want to win EVENTUALLY, SOMETHING, ANYTHING!!! If CP can convince LBJ and his god children to come to Houston; Rudy would be great to come off the bench or even start at the PF position for Tucker. Tucker could return to the bench x-factor donit all defensively guy. We could pick up Jeff Green for another length 3/D defender to follow LBJ and guard KD, Bring in D. Jordan for less than Capella (To Phoenix for the max) who will reunite lob city and another hometown guy (Look what it did for Gerald Green), lastly for the vet minimum we could choose from seth curry or any of the sharp shooters as marksmen. We'd loose EGO of course but replace him by commitee. Now positions 1-4 could shoot the 3 and create their own shot. Defense is mere scheming and effort. Also, if Phoenix offers Capela the max, that leaves Tyson Chandler as the odd man out. He might want to reunite with cp3 for cheap to back up DJ. Tyreke Evans at the 3 is the backup plan for if LBJ bolts to Laughy Taffy Land (LA) and PG doesnt come. Just research his 3/D skill along with his sick creating ability and improved 3 point %.Thoughts.....

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Just say I do Lebron

10. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

why else did cp3 come here? lebron could win maybe 2 more coming here - pretty legit

BigMaloe, DonKnock, Tfor3 and 2 others like this.
  11. the11mingdynasty

the11mingdynasty Contributing Member

This sounds like when the Rockets were about to lose Bosh and then there were reports that they were willing to bringing in Joe Johnson.

BigShasta likes this.
  12. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

Haven’t followed them closely recently, I thought Jeff Green and Gay are opposite of good defender

13. DVauthrin

You are missing the point. LeBron is 33 years old. If he wants to catch Jordan (and he does), he isn’t going to a place on the hopes they can build a team better than the Warriors in his 2nd or 3rd year. He doesn’t have that kind of time to wait, and that’s all the Lakers can sell him on right now. (If you come, PG13 will come and eventually we’ll get a third star by trading Ball, Ingram and/or Kuzma). Of course, the Lakers would work night and day to get that third star, but LeBron won’t sign unless that player is acquired before free agency.

Furthermore, to get a third star to Los Angeles requires a team that wants to unload one right now, and values the Lakers offer to be superior to other offers around the league.

Who, other than Kawhi (the Spurs aren’t sending him to the Lakers), is reportedly on the block right now? Lillard or McCollum? You think Portland is going to ship either to Los Angeles to help them form a super team in their conference? I don’t. Same is true with Jimmy Butler in Minnesota, especially considering the Wolves just made the playoffs for the first time in two decades. The Raptors hired Dwane Casey’s top assistant. Don’t see them blowing it up by trading DeRozan or Lowry. Wall or Beal in Washington? Maybe, but there is no smoke currently that either are being shopped. The only realistic option is Kemba Walker in Charlotte. And LeBron, PG13 and Kemba (or Wall, Beal, DeRozan or Lowry) minus the talent the Lakers would have to trade away is not better than the Warriors, or a big 3 of LeBron, Harden and CP3. Also, it’s not really much better than LeBron, Embiid, Simmons, Saric, Fultz and Covington and whomever the Sixers get at pick 10. Plus, the Sixers have the assets to land Kawhi, too. If they do, they clearly are a better basketball option than the Lakers.

#93 DVauthrin, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Tfor3 and clutchdabear like this.
  14. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I think morey will max him mainly because that whole “chris paul is really good at basketball” thing.

RudyTBag likes this.
  15. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Not the point of your post, but per aelliot and details a lot went into in another thread, Clint Capela cannot be realistically sign and traded to CLE.

16. DVauthrin

Fair enough and thank you for the clarification. On one hand, it makes the Rockets’ roster even more appealing for LeBron, as long as Cleveland is happy with getting draft picks and Eric Gordon’s contract in return.

17. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

What about the report of CP3 telling people Lebron wants to be in LA?

18. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

We all knew that. He wants to live in LA but he wants CP3 to join him.

19. aroundtheblock2

Woj is notorious for being in the dark on LeBron. So I don't really find his LeBron reports too credible.

20. aroundtheblock2

Did you miss the part where CP3 is staying with the Rockets?

House Rockets likes this.