1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Not only that, the DOCTOR that is currently working with Kawhi in NY is a 76ers doctor/consultant. So there is a relationship there as well.

clutchdabear, hakeem94 and Fullcourt like this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

We know how CP3 feels about the Warriors, and with him and Lebron being so close, I think it's fair to say that Lebron feels a similar way. IMO that suggests that beating them would be one of their top priorities.....more important than hanging out in LA during the season.

If I'm right about that, Lebron will prioritize putting himself in the best position to win and there's absolutely no question that is in Houston. With CP3, Lebron, and Harden splitting the burden of carrying the team it'll allow all of them to do less and win more which is great when it comes to extending careers.

luckyman76, DonKnock, Raisin and 5 others like this.
  3. zksb09

zksb09 Member

I hope you are right about his motivation, but am not convinced that Cleveland doesn't have much say. Is it possible that if they are convinced that he will be leaving them anyway, they might prefer to just let him walk (rather than opt in and sign & trade) in light of the luxury tax situation? Morey would need to come up with some good draft picks I think to make this work

4. malakas

malakas Member

LMAO!!! wow out of all the doctors in the world, Kawhi with all his resources, connections and millions, chose the 76ers witch doctor?
    Can't blame the Spurs for being outraged with this. wow

clutchdabear likes this.
  5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yup

According to Shelburne and Wright, Leonard has been seeing Dr. Jonathan Glashow since mid-January, who is "professionally" connected to the 76ers and New Jersey Devils, whom are both owned by David Blitzer and Joshua Harris and run by CEO Scott O'Neil.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I keep seeing this come up and it STILL makes absolutely no sense. If Lebron leaves Cleveland then they are in rebuilding mode meaning that they'll have a fire sale dumping everyone they can for picks and young players....thus the luxury won't be a concern at all. In the light of that, getting something for Lebron makes a LOT more sense than getting nothing for him. If they got Gordon, some picks and the expiring deals that Ryan Anderson was traded for they'd be able to flip Gordon later on and get even more picks to help rebuilding along with whatever they could get for Kevin Love, George Hill, and Tristan Thompson. They'd get a ton of assets after dumping all of that which would help their rebuild be much quicker.

clutchdabear, rocks123 and CXbby like this.
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The only thing enticing about what the rockets would offer would be the picks that are 3 years away. Cleveland could look at those and think they could be Boston in three years sitting on a premium pick because the rockets have blown up.

If I’m cleveland that’s the only way I’m interested. I want two picks that aren’t next years

8. rocks123

rocks123 Member

Since Harden is already MVP i assume his next goal is championship or marriage. Lol. But im betting he wants that ring. Championship ring that is. I think chris paul trade is definitely part of morey's plan to lure Lebron and since Harden likes to help with the RECRUITING process I think he's pretty OPEN playing with Bron. Despite harden's issue with mchail and howard i never had an impression that harden is a player thats hard to get along with.

clutchdabear and hakeem94 like this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

If so the OK. I want him back but will not obsess if he finds a better situation for himself. Could he?

BigMaloe likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So, in your mind, it's better to get nothing at all if you don't think that those first round picks are going to be really awesome?

Okay. Well it's probably good that you aren't a GM. Getting nothing isn't better than getting multiple picks.

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

BUT
    if he chooses LA then he has 3-4 equally strong teams to beat...if he chooses Houston the worriers are the only obstacle

Mazulis and topfive like this.
  13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

What "capped out" teams have use for Ariza, that would be willing to offer him a rich deal and have an asset the Rockets would like in return for a S&T?
    Also, the team that gets Ariza in a S&T has "hard cap" rules enforced on them.

luckyman76, BigMaloe and malakas like this.
  14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Yes, but...but aren't you the one always ranting about the lower echelon FOs? What confidence could be effected from Gilbert's grape ... nuts group led by the gibbert of Gilberts and a hastened rebuild?

15. malakas

malakas Member

The luxury MAY not be a concern but after the sellout they won't be able to sell their capspace for two years.
    Plus trading love may require them to absorb a big contract too to get a prime asset. (i.e Memphis 4th pick).

justtxyank likes this.
  16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I would look at a team like Charlotte.

MJ will want to try and convince Kemba Walker to stay and Ariza would be a good vet influence on that team.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Kemba wants to stay already. He was devastated by the news they were shopping him

BigMaloe likes this.
  18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

But at that price??? for a team not in the playoffs? I don't think so.

We need to be thinking of "contending playoff" teams where they need to "make a jump" to justify the cost.

BigMaloe and malakas like this.
  19. malakas

malakas Member

Ariza is 33 y.o with tons of miles on his body. Unless it's a Kings level stupid GM noone will pay him a so called "fair" contract to his standards.
    There are other younger, with more potential. Like KCP.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yeah, it is hard to find the right situation to extract that contract.