1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barbecue places in Houston with sauce similar to the one at 2M Smokehouse, San Antonio

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Outlier, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

I cannot get over the sauce at 2M Smokehouse. It has been a year. I cannot wait to go back and dip the meat in that sauce . I have tried BBQ places in Houston but can never find the same sauce . Any ideas?

2. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Just order the sauce and get your favorite Q to go.

3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I need you to describe the sauce in extraordinary detail; how many crushed pepper flakes were in one dip, how many scovilles the zing gave you, how sweet it was compared to a sprite and most importantly how thick it was.

4. Roscoe Arbuckle

Just spoke to 2M Smokehouse. They are building an online store right now and should have it up by the end of the year.

And yes, the sauce will be available when it launches.

In the meantime, I've always liked Rudy's sauce.

Outlier and Os Trigonum like this.
  5. Outlier

Outlier Member

Why would you do all this for me? Thank you kind sir! Six months is a long wait though .

6. Roscoe Arbuckle

No worries. I do food reviews and do this stuff all the time.

7. Buck Turgidson

Rudy's sauce is the only good thing about their bbq.

2M's is molassas based, black pepper, jalapeno powder, onion powder, cumin and garlic (and other undisclosed ingredients) from what I've been told. Haven't been there yet but my SA buddies love it.

Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.