1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] 2018 Season - Lebron James to *Insert Team Name*

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Sajan, Jun 9, 2018.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I never understand this mentality. SAN ANTONIO AND DALLAS ARE RIVALS. I don't necessarily hate the Spurs, but I'm never going to root for them.

I would actually rather watch the Warriors win the next 10 championships than either Dallas or San Antonio win another one.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I want them to lose Pop and Buford, that's all it takes IMO.

[​IMG]

Jontro likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good drama ensured, Russ the Ninja Turtle Westbrook.

5. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...just sounds like you need to update who our TRUE rivals are - Golden State. I root for the Rockets always - been to many Spurs/Rockets games and was even wearing Rockets red in the stands in San Antonio when Robinson and Olajuwon faced off in the Robinson MVP year...but if Houston can't do it, I would rather it be a blue collar team like San Antonio than a bunch of cocky rich kids in GS. I like Houston because they are a blue collar underdog - they reflect the scrappiness of the city. San Antonio is similar in that respect. Dallas, not so much because of Cuban but realistically Dallas hasn't posed a serious threat to our team for a while now anyway. The only true hatred I have for another team outside of GS is those Boozer/Williams/Jerry Sloan led Jazz teams - HATED those guys but kinda dig the new look Utah team.

....would rather watch Dallas, San Antonio, or Utah win the next 10 titles then watch one more arrogant GS team walk off with the title....but realistically Houston is winning it all next year.

6. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

wtf is the matter with you. gross.

Marteen likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

That’s good. Will likely boil down between us and the Lakers.

9. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Wrong forum pal. This thread belongs in the GARM.

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

My guess is Lakers. He is not going to SA. His family won't live there. He already has a home in LA.

11. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Let me just say this.....

If he ain’t going to H town I’m not that worried.

Still us vs GS

Sajan likes this.
  12. Juxtaposed Jolt

That's a bad look if LeBron thinks KD and/or Kyrie having more rings than him, is a stain against his resume.

The only person I'd be chasing, if I was LeBron, is MJ.

Sajan likes this.
  13. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Never root for Utah. Ever.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

(Best Fit)

#34 daywalker02, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

16. Sajan

Sajan Member

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Thought he wasn't taking meetings?

Lakers have 'inside track' for LeBron James

LeBron James' decision to become a free agent became public on Friday and he is expected to decide between the Los Angeles Lakers, Cleveland Cavaliers and Philadelphia 76ers.

"This is a good day for the Los Angeles Lakers," said Brian Windhorst. "It's a step forward for the Lakers. I believe the Lakers have the inside track for getting LeBron."

Windhorst suggested that the meeting between James and Magic Johnson will be critical for the Lakers' chances.

"If the Lakers can close the deal in that meeting, they have a great chance of stealing LeBron James away from the Cavaliers."

Windhorst said it imperative that the Lakers convince James they can build a team around him even if they don't receive a commitment from Paul George or trade for Kawhi Leonard.

"This will be about more than just this summer's transaction. It will be a long-term decision."

James appears to believe that the Lakers have more potential than the Cavaliers.

"The Lakers have a lot more avenues to chase (the Warriors) down," said Windhorst.

Windhorst added that the 76ers will have the chance to pitch James. The most important factor will be whether Joel Embiid and James can discuss how they can play together.

"I think the Lakers are the leaders for LeBron James," Windhorst concluded.