1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DWade: don’t think it’s a basketball decision

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 10, 2018.

1. photojoe

photojoe Member

Yes he can get players to come to him.

But who? Paul George... And?

A team of Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, George and Lebron is interesting but they aren't beating the Warriors

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

C:Randle/Zubac
    PF:Kuzma/Frye
    SF: LeBron/Deng
    SG: Ingram/DWade
    PG: CP3/Ball

Probably end up trading Ball for younger depth or picks or a starting C if Randle isn't matched. "He doesn't care about winning." They can beat GS in 7. Still odds against them but they would also be if Bron came to Houston and we lost all our depth in the process. I know this is a homer board as it should be, but were not the only team he can go to and have a chance to beat GS. Adding LeBron to any of the top destinations makes them a close 2nd to GS.

Being the pessimistic Rockets fan that i am. I am bracing myself for CP3 to go with LeBron to LA. CP3 sold his house here and still has his house in LA. LeBron bought a house in LA, has several there actually. Lifestyle + compete +business opportunities+ kids basketball programs+play with your best friend/children's godfather without the hassle of trying to work trades to do it in Houston. Yeah. It's over. Back to a fun regular season with no shot in the playoffs/2nd round beatings and more black marks on Hardens playoff career. Thanks a lot Ryan Anderson.

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Chris Paul is not leaving Houston. You can take that to the bank.

Deuce, D-rock, cdrive and 10 others like this.
  4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

The Lakes would have a Big II immediately and possibly III; they would be formidable. Possibly III'd in (W)Bestern Conf.

5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

LBJ will have to play big minutes if he goes to LA.

D-rock likes this.
  6. bmd

bmd Member

If the Rockets were afraid that CP3 would just be here for a year and bolt, wouldn't they have just signed him as a free agent to ensure he's here for years instead of a trade? I'm assuming they all agreed to the trade with the understanding CP3 would sign here after the season.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dwyane is such a good friend to have.

8. tjpatel2

tjpatel2 Member

9. aroundtheblock2

If LeBron goes to LA thats definitely not "championship mode". I think a big part why he's even giving the Lakers a meeting is because of Magic. I don't envision a scenario where the Lakers suddenly become competitive with the Warriors, hell even Utah, Minnesota, and New Orleans might be better going into next season.

DonKnock and Bobbythegreat like this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well also if he can fool the Cavs into thinking he might actually walk to the Lakers in FA it gives him leverage to force an opt in and trade to the Rockets.

xiki likes this.
  11. aroundtheblock2

True. If he goes to any western conference team he better be damn sure he has some good support. He can't lollygag through the season and end up with 50 wins like he's done pretty much his entire career in the eastern conference. The western conf will force him to play most games at a high level and if he misses a few weeks with some back issue or what not, that could throw his team out of the playoffs completely.

Even if he gets through the season ok he's going to have to play almost exactly how he just did in Cleveland during the playoffs and that's going to end up exactly like it did against the Warriors. The western conf is no joke and it also shows how good the warriors are.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Truth is nobody knows where he'll end up and nobody knows how good the Lakers will eventually be so, personally, i'm just going to try to be realistic and ready for every possible outcome.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Right, which is why if he goes to the West, he'd want to be forming a "Big 4" in Houston rather than an upstart in LA.

15. aroundtheblock2

People can have a pretty good idea, that's for sure. I know for one that I wouldn't expect Lonzo Ball to become a mediocre shooter. I bet he proves a little, but he still probably be a pretty bad shooter. I know Kuzma will still be a bad defensive player but streaky offensively and I know that Brandon Ingram while probably a good solid scorer would be highly limited in terms of touches in a LeBron centric offense and I'm not really sure what Ingram brings on the defensive side.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree with you but if only it would be so easy...things are probably more complex, Lakers would obviously move more players if Lebron goes there, he wonìt go there to babysit a couple of rookie scale guys.

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

PG isn’t a difference maker like that.

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

LeBron is probably angling an acting career after basketball so endearing that population to you is a wise business decision. He's also right when he says he can get players there especially with an owner that isn't afraid to spend. Mix in all that young talent and it's almost a no brainer.

19. macan

macan Member

if lebrick goes to LA, he will get kicked out in either 1st or 2nd round of playoffs ez

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  20. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

That's worked real well for him in CLE.