1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you include Eric Gordon in a sign and trade for Paul George?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, May 31, 2018.

?

Let me get yall opinion on this

1. Yes

80.3%
  2. No

19.7%
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

who becomes the energy glue guy in this scenario?

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Eric Gordon is less like Commissionor Gordon and more like Edward Nygma. He's a riddle. The guy who showed up to Games 6 and 7 is the guy I want on my roster with CP3 and James. The other guy, not so much. It's hard as hell to know what guy will be there, and again that's not something a championship contender can afford.

saleem, hakeem94 and Ramo$e like this.
  3. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

I seriously doubt OKC has the luxury of bargaining with us or anyone on PG13 trade.

First of all, if OKC is willing to deal him meaning he wants a sign and trade. PG can walk without letting OKC get anything back. Why would we or anyone trade for him?

4. Zergling

Zergling Member

Would be a shame to have to do that, but you have to do it if the opportunity is there. PG is the better overall player, though even he's shown he can be quite streaky.

5. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

PG is the 2nd option. If Lebron waits too long, the Rockets should move to PG.

6. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

because we don't have the capspace to get him unless he agrees to S&T and we unload Anderson and EG to OKC.

7. rocks123

rocks123 Member

I love EGO but it's Paul George. Is there really a way to rob OKC again?

8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

How about we just trade ryan anderson for him? Okc can either walk away with nothing or just take a guy who really fits their needs and the only guy we are willing to offer. They can move melo back to the three after he opts in for 24 million and have ryno at the four with adams at center. Ego doesn't fit their needs at this point...

9. faraza84

faraza84 Member

If he accepts his player option we could simply swap Ryan Anderson for pg because both contracts are worth 20 million. With okc a not a hotbed for free agents this could atleast Grant them one year with melo back to his preferred position and starting with Ryan at the 4. If he basically says I want to compete so trade me to Houston or I go to lakers or philly I’m sure okc would atleast have to consider getting something back even if it is ryno. Tbh this is probably the better option than gutting the team for lebron and his 35 million player option where we would have to lose Ryan and ego or ryan and pj plus more.

The only monkey wrench that could happen is if pg wants his max at 35 and this would make us have to do the sign and trade with ego and Ryan probably with some fillers. Either way the team improves but keeping ego is key as we need a starter coming off the bench.

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i can't see presti dealing with morey again

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

OKC is not doing PG for Ryno, c’mon man, be real...

it will take Ego plus small salary filler if PG did an opt-in and trade, just taking on Ryno isn’t even a conversation, they will just let him go to LA or Philly

getting Ryno isn’t getting something back, that’s taking on a negative value contract to allow Houston to get even better

Richie_Rich likes this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

That’s fantasy. How does Ego not fit their needs? He slides right in as the starting 2 and gives them a high volume 3 point shooter in the lineup. They’re not taking Ryno, that has to be a joke. If that’s all we’re offering then Presti will tell PG to take his ass to LA or Philly. U have to make an enticing offer to OKC to make it worth their while, and giving them negative value in Ryno is not that.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Did the Clippers have the luxury when they did the trade with us for CP3? U still have to give them something useful.

We would trade for him because that’s the only way we’re going to get him. LA and Philly have cap space and are enticing options, the Rockets don’t have space.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And he is Oswald Cobblepot.

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

You're right, it's highly unlikely.

16. mockster

mockster Member

How could you not do it

I’d sign tyreke Evans to take Eric Gordon’s place

17. xaos

xaos Member

I would and I don’t think Presti would feel “robbed” this time. The Westbrook/Melo/George experiment did not work and will not work (if the goal is championship). When they traded us Harden that was a team that made it to the finals.

Westbrook needs role players who know they are role players.

18. How Sweet It Is!

Why would OKC do this trade, trailer-park?

19. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

We should only trade Ego and Ryno for PG if they throw in Pat Pat.

20. aroundtheblock2

Yes for rockets, but no way okc even entertains this idea.