1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bball Breakdown claims refs ruined Game 1 Finals

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketsfan3422, Jun 1, 2018.

1. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

I disagree with the call on LeBron. I thought it was a charge. Reviewing the play in slow-motion doesn’t capture Durant’s momentum. In real-time he clearly ran over LeBron. The replay showed Lebron was out of the restricted area. Plus it was so close you have to stick with the original call, just like in football. Unless there’s clear evidence a call should not of been overturned.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

They use it to prop up their own preconceptions, just like in politics. So... dull.

3. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

It was a clear foul on Lebron. He was clearly moving trying to slide in. They said that you can still move and get charge...yes sure but you have to move backward to get that sort of charging call. NBA instant replay is for making accurate call and i think they did made the right call. As far as not being able to review certain calls after a fact...well, NBA need to review and evaluate what they can or can't do next year. Here's what I think they should do:

Next year, they should allow coaches to challenge foul calls within the 2 minutes just like NFL. If the coach got it right, it won't cost them a time out. If they got it wrong, then they lost a time out. As far as instant replay of balls that went out of bound, those should be reviewed for FREE and automatically within the 2 minutes.

4. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

Exactly.

5. Yaaz y2k

Yaaz y2k Member

REFS HAVE TOO MUCH CONTROL IN THIS SPORT THEN ANY OTHER ..THATS Y U KNOW ITS RIGGED...WE CAN HAVE WEAKER SQUAD NEXT YEAR BUT IF NBA BENIFITS FROM HOUSTON WINNING TRUST ME NOBODY WILL STOP US..NOT EVEN GSW WITH LEBRON....

6. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Coach Nick defends the Rockets here regarding the bad officiating in game 7.

7. Rocketsfan3422

well ill be damned....Didnt see this one... saw that one with the theme brick house and was so pissed at him for doing so

rox4lyf likes this.
  8. elrond

elrond Member

Saw a similar article on SI, but it was stating that the foul on Lebron was the right call. The bigger question it raised was about the right to review the call since it was an overturned call, rather than the accuracy of the call.

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/06/01/n...erees-warriors-cavs-lebron-james-kevin-durant

Needless to say, my mind was going wtf, considering how the refs ruined g6/g7 with incorrect calls, and this article is here b****ing about making the correct call.o_O

9. hakeemthagreat

You wanna know the difference? Lebron. How dare the refs make a bad call on Lebron? Never mind how we got ROBBED game 6 & game 7

10. hakeemthagreat

Ronnie Nunn is a idiot. Those were bad calls and he knows it. His job is too make us feel sympathy for the refs, being a former ref. GTFOH. We're not stupid

Blurr#7 likes this.
  11. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Seriously, when Gordon got sandwiched he said it was not a foul then coach Nick points out the hit across both arms he says “I didn’t see it” guy is a puppet

pippendagimp likes this.
  12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this pathetic crap is like silver's version of that iraqi information minister

13. hakeemthagreat

Notice on the 3pt non call, he keeps referring to the "angle" of the other refs and how the official probably "didn't see" the whole play. Man this guy is full of crap. The NBA doing PR work for their rigged officiating

14. thething

thething Contributing Member

Seems like most of them he agreed they were bad calls. His thoughts on the Eric Gordon one was odd, though--I don't think it was close. The weird thing is that after showing all of those bad calls, he thought the game was well-officiated. He's clearly trying to defend the refs, but he does have to keep his professional opinion valid when saying these are bad calls.

15. hakeemthagreat

My thing is don't come across as giving a honest opinion, when you're clearly trying to protect the refs. There is no way he'd get on there and say "the refs did a horrible job". He spends most the video blaming Harden for baiting the defender into fouls. But the more you look there is nothing wrong with what Harden's doing. If a defender puts his hand on you and you got into a shooting motion, then he slaps you, that's a foul every time.