1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/28/2018 (Western Conference Finals, Game 7)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 27, 2018.

1. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

Rockets just couldn’t overcome the loss of Chris Paul. Or the refs... But it was a good season. I can’t ask for anymore than that. At least I have more time to do work and sleep, lol #GoRockets #RunAsOne #GoodSeason

I never, ever, ever want to hear again that GSW missed Iguodala. The GSW took the worst possible shortcut in NBA history by signing the coward Kevin Durant. It just makes me beyond angry I just can’t even talk about it anymore. If the NBA thinks having a fourth year of this mess is entertaining they are wrong.

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Houston would have won series with CP3.

Great roster

Try and add a piece. Move Anderson.

3. OvenToasted

OvenToasted Member

Considering GSW is Morey's white whale, this Moby Dick quote seemed appropriate:

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”

Bring on the King.

4. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

151 days until the first game (presumably around Oct 26) of next season...

The offense must change next season. They need more crinkles. They HAVE to work in a post and Mid range game to be able to switch it up. It became way too predictable down the stretch and harden made some very poor passes that shouldn't be made in those situations. Limit the risk and put him on the block to get in a groove.

It disturbs me how often Thompson and curry find their way open for threes. Some are on moving screens (fk Scott foster btw), but others are on guys quitting for just a second after curry or Klay pass it. They keep running and the defender does a stop and go giving the shooter a few feet. Saw it happen numerous times this series.

Losing paul obviously is what did us in, but I felt like we were beat these last two games because of our second half mental lapses. We lost the edge, the intensity, the physicality on defense that we had in the first. Two games in a row. It was happening in slow motion...that's when you either attack the paint or you get a post up on the block. Move the ball from there.

James Harden also didn't play especially well in the second half of both the last games. However I'm gonna say the refs had A LOT to do with that this time. 9 point turnaround at one point when harden wasn't given two blatant three fouls and curt hit a three. Then the 4 point play that wasn't given.

Scott foster was a factor in this game. That is unacceptable. If I was dantoni I'd be donating 100k to charity right now with a big f u to the officials.

/rant

151 days...

ak99999 likes this.
  5. Chamillionaire

You know, he's making 15 million. I don't think we can keep him, especially if Lebron opts in and is traded here. Gordon has had his moments, but I don't think we can keep him if we are going to get Lebron.

Ryno's $20 million could have been spent on someone else who is an elite player... that's just too much.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Ariza broke my heart tonight.

Rox11 and PeterKingX like this.
  7. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I know he has connections to the mob, but clearly it wasn’t enough as a rookie owner in games 6 and 7. I hope he does say something though, and I wish a coach would go Remember The Titans on refs like Scott Foster. The refs allowed the Warriors to hang around in both games until they could make their push. It’s just embarrassing.

The Rockets played their ass off defensively this series, held Curry and Thompson in check, and the Warriors needed a not so subtle nudge from the refs to win games 6 and 7 against a CP3 less Rockets team. I’m very proud of their effort.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

making the finals doesn’t mean anything when u have a -5% chance of actually winning the series...

9. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Game was sadly in some ways a clone of the EC game - one team outplayed the other but didn't make any shots. The other team was vulnerable...but they made the shots. Can't win if you don't score. Bleh. (The refs really didn't help, either.)

Absolutely not going to watch the finals. I might be interested in the final results, just to see how that might affect Lebron's offseason. I think he's a long shot to come here, but assuming the Cavs go down like they did last time the chances are there. Otherwise the Rockets will hopefully get someone pretty good and finally complete their team and really beat the $#!% out of the NBA before Paul starts to seriously decline. As disappointing as this end is, I keep reminding myself that the Rockets are still ahead of schedule. I didn't expect them to be as good as all that this season - I figured they'd be ready next year but I got greedy when they were winning so much.

Patience likes this.
  10. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Aaaaaaaand not even close to doing this.

16% from 3. SIXTEEN. Hey Darrell. 3's and layups. Ya might want to get a shooter or two that can actually hit that shot. For a team that shoots so many you would think think having a player that hits 40% would be on the menu.

ThatGuyJoe and ak99999 like this.
  11. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Add one 3 made to that for the Harden make that was ruled not shooting.

Minus two of those for the Harden shots where he was fouled that weren't called.

Not factor in how many of those you think were taken as a result of not driving due to knowing you wouldn't get a foul call.

0-27 is not everything it seems to be. And it is infuriating knowing this is what's going to be highlighted after this game.

And not the blatant hatchet job.

Htownballer38 likes this.
  12. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Tell Doc to go to hell

13. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well at least no one offered up a certain QB as sacrifice for a win. Bring on the football season.

14. what

what Member

The refs systematically took James Harden and Eric Gordon out of that game, and let Curry get off with a bunch of moving screens. Remember Harden is a rhythmn shooter. He wasn't allowed to get into a rhythmn. It wasn't going to happen.

The nba WWE league.

CometsWin and Rocket River like this.
  15. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

[QUOTE="
    Absolutely not going to watch the finals. I might be interested in the final results, just to see how that might affect Lebron's offseason. [/QUOTE]

Yep. Basketball season just ended. How exciting is it to see Warriors Cav's yet again.

16. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Only point I’ll have to disagree with.. he carried the team last 2 games the best he could. Gave all he could on defense. He’s not physically built the way MJ and LBJ are.

Harden redeemed himself for last years “game 6” debacle IMO and I’m sure many others will agree.

And seriously... 4 superstars vs 1 and you’re dogging on Harden??

touring_low and rantsolpuella13 like this.
  17. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

Wonder who's gonna bite the Rhino though. Morey would have to dangle a 2nd rounder maybe?

18. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Yea.. Add a SNIPER. 16% i embarrassing.

19. larry cook

larry cook Member

Yesterday's game was rigged as well as todays. Lebron is the air apparent to Jordan and the anointed king of the NBA. Imagine the ratings of the finals without him in it. As good as we are doesn't matter considering how much the media praises the Warriors. Curry, Klay, Durant, and Draymond is just too much star for the NBA to pass on during an era where they're trying to pad LeBron's resume to exceed Jordan as the goat so I wouldn't be surprise if the Cavs won.

20. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Make no mistake, I agree that the Rockets’ shooting did them in, too. But they would’ve had a chance to win either game if the refs call the game reasonably fair. It’s not always about how many calls they miss, but which ones. And tonight they took 8-10 points off the board for the Rockets and added at least 3 for Golden State if not more. The Rockets shouldn’t have had to beat the Warriors and three refs but they did.

It was like watching how teams had to beat the Lakers and the refs in the Forum during the Shaq/Kobe days.

Chamillionaire and Tfor3 like this.