1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I am proud of these Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, May 28, 2018.

1. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

Should we refer to Wikipedia and history?

Oh ok lel

2. AggieRocketFan96

Very proud of this team. To win 65 games in the regular season and take arguably the best defending champion team to 7 games in the WCF was unthinkable at the beginning of the season. Sucks to lose CP3 for the final 2 games.

Going forward, Rockets must address the shortcomings- need to sign CP3 and Clint. Luc needs to get healthy and replace Ryno, Joe Johnson, Nene, Tarik, etc. with some younger, athletic, and rangy bench players.

Rockets could be just one significant player away to getting over the GS hump.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

The season was not great. We had championship aspirations. Everyone and their grandmother knew that, if we beat the Warriors, we could beat anyone coming out in the East.

But then a CP3 injury happened. And then the worst shooting night of Ariza's season happened. And then the same old **** from game 6 happened.

The way the season ended, was the completely opposite of great. I understand the optimism, but this is a depressing time to be a Houston Rockets fan, right now.

4. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

If I'm Lebron....
    Why do I come play wth a quitter and an injury prone Paul?

5. HiddenFlawe

HiddenFlawe Member

time to move on to the texans lets go!!!! deshaun!!!

6. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

[insert Wikipedia 2018 NBA playoffs brackets history pic]

7. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

It was a great season by the Rockets no doubt, winning 65 games a franchise record getting the 1st seed cruising through the first 2 rounds and taking Golden State to 7 games giving them all that we had. We have been to the Weatern Conference finals twice in the last 4 years.

We are close guys then we have ever been in a long time. Bad luck with injuries, bad officiating and bad shots derailed us in these last two games.

A few things I think need to change in the offseason, get rid of Ryan Anderson by any means nessasary and get a couple of more shooters. JJ Reddick perhaps. If a Lebron, or a Paul George can be had then great but it’s not a must I think.

Jordan’s Bulls, and Isiah’s Pistons took them a few years also to get over the hump. We can do this!

Lawlruschang and charlieaustin like this.
  8. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I'm bummed the season's over, and it's stunk to be so close two games in a row. But this team did better than anyone could have expected and though it's nothing next to a chip, but I feel like narratives were in part re-written about this team and we have more respect than at the start of the season. I'm proud of this team and the heart they showed. I'm also glad we went up against the best to see where we stand. Now we know where we have to improve in order to best them. We're not that far away. Here's to a productive off-season to improve the roster and take them down next year.

charlieaustin likes this.
  9. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Rockets have proven that they can beat the Warriors with a healthy squad. They will come back stronger next season!

10. HP3

HP3 Member

Lol yea history says you needed our second best player to injured, the refs and hacka capella to do this, LOL b**** made the lot of you warriors fans.

11. RunAsOne

RunAsOne New Member

What a season. This was not a win it all or bust season.
    It was CP3's first season.
    We won 65 games. Breezed through the playoffs and had a 3-2 lead on the GSW.
    Even with a healthy CP3 and losing 4-3, this loss hurts more.
    We'll be back.
    And better.

charlieaustin likes this.
  12. Chamillionaire

No matter how pissed you guys are, this season is OVER. We LOST. I'm not pissed Harden isn't crying, he played fairly well, but we all know that that's how he plays. That's why having CP was so important, because CP doesn't turn the ball over, plays D, and is mentally tough as ****. We are a different team by FAR with Chris on court.

I don't know if we would have won with Chris, but I know we are a different team with him. We are better by far. Very disappointed he got hurt. Now Morey needs to improve our team. We can't have a 20 million PF who doesn't play. How many guys in the league making 20 million who can help us? Our shooters are VERY streaky, ALL of them. If you wanna shoot 50 3's a game, you better ****ing have players who can make them consistently.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  13. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Rockets did great. Off season we need to go find 3 point shooters if we are going to jack up 50 a game.

14. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

Anyone that moves on to another sport this fast should just stop watching sports all together.

15. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

What a ride!!

16. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Ya i really think we would have won if Cp3 didnt go down. The guys really got gassed down the stretch of these games and coach didn't know who to look to for minutes on the bench.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  17. Aware

Aware Member

It was a great season.
    we had our shot. unfortunate how things played out with cp3 but injuries are part of sports.

18. Voltik

Voltik Member

How was CP3 a quitter? Don’t jump on media propaganda. Paul gave it all this series and the Jazz series. Get a damn clue.

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I'm proud of them too. frankly with Paul on the bench, we couldn't overcome another bad shooting night from Harden. He let us down this series. I'm not a hater, but if Harden has a good series, we win. He didn't. We lost.

But we played our hearts out; harden played his heart out. I'm proud of the effort.

20. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

How can you seriously say something this stupid when we just took Gs to 7 and didn’t have our best player the last 2 games. You realize if Paul is healthy that “Morey/D’Antoni brand” upsets the Warriors and beats LeBron in the Finals??