1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Referees] 21 Drives, Zero Foul Calls

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 27, 2018.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

To my point the most obvious and first fouls here are the ones up top by Young. That’s contact. It sounds either a charge or a block.

2. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Ya that’s what people don’t understand, plays are not independent of each other. When harden drives, gets fouled, and commits a “turnover” we not only lose 2 points but give them a transition opportunity which often leads to open 3s.

BigMaloe likes this.
  3. jbasket

jbasket Member

Ah yes, teams decide not to learn his "tricks" for the regular season & playoffs and decide to magically get better in the playoffs in year 6. Right.

adw and Reeko like this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

And that is the story of game 6, Harden got knocked down and that game them plenty of chances for open 3s. He should have just done a step back three and let our defense set up at least idk...all I know is, is that if we get bad refs for game 7 and they arent calling anything than he has to shoot more threes.

5. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

That’s the warriors massive advantage. They can play harden tight and make the step back 3 really tough because they don’t care if they get beat, cause they know he won’t get the call.

JW86 likes this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Midrange..might be the only answer.....ugh.

7. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Bad officiating was a factor but we were up 17, in a game we realistically did not have much of a chance to win. 6.5 and 7 man rotation probably didn't help either but here we are with game 7 at home. We just have to hope CP3 is a go, we see otherwise not going to have much of a chance.....

8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I have no doubt the Refs gave the Rockets a participation trophy in the first quarter and at the end of the second quarter.
    Then gave the Warriors the big trophy for the rest of the game. Extends the playoffs for drama and money reasons
    for the NBA and it’s sponsors.

Rockets have a chance in game 7, if it’s not Brothers, Foster. Last night eliminated one ref nemesis (Mauer).

I see Capers/Zarba are refs for Cavs/Celtics today.

#68 ApacheWarrior, May 27, 2018
    Last edited: May 27, 2018
  9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Ugh.

xpmY3Us.jpg

solid and Voltik like this.
  10. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Doesn't matter. You nor nobody here can do anything about it. This will be forgotten and the Warriors bandwagon boys will just say we whinning. The NBA doesn't care either they probably are happy about it.

People say oh well it doesn't account to being down by 30 but I bet you it effects momentum enough that we probably would have won if the ref's didn't say here Warriors you take the momentum.

I promise you being down by more than the 17 they were down would have had an effect in the GSW shooters minds which would have probably made them miss a few more shots.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

and people will say that Harden needs to stop playing for the foul...

smh, wth is he supposed to do when he can’t even make a move without getting body checked and can’t attempt a layup without clear contact at the rim...all of which the refs won’t call

WestendMassive and adw like this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They get used to "Not reaching" they have to play him completely differently than they play everyone else in the league.....it makes a difference.

Shane Battier would shut Harden down, due to his disciplined D, Harden needs to toss in more floaters and mid range stop and pops.

DD

13. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

I do 100% agree with you on this, esp the mid range. He still has it and needs to use it.

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't like that, but glad you shared this

topfive likes this.
  15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Funny. I thought he was trying too much and too hard. I thought, just shoot the 3 (same with EG). I thought he should also have rested more. It almost looks like he told coach he can play all 48, and he was given the liberty to check in at anytime... that’s just based on what looks like him checking himself in after a few min rest in the 2nd. I was thinking rest more, you need it for the end...

16. RoxD

RoxD Member

Just an observation: Curry and Klay got a combined zero free throws last night

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Not good.

There has been a few 1st with this team and in this playoff. Hanging onto ... we can still do it!

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

At least a dozen or so of those points came after we threw in the towel.

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

Blowing large leads is really really frustrating because there are ways to hold them. For one, slow it down. Two, be very careful with the ball, no turnovers. And three, take very high percentage shots. Lock down the defense, force the opponent to take very low percentage shots. Go for steals, press hard, breakaway for baskets, build the lead. Rockets did the opposite, and threw it all away in record time. They just keep setting negative playoff records.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

I do believe that's one of the reasons why Harden had the ball so much in the 3rd and 4th, and rather than attack early, held it until late in the shot clock. Despite our first half lead, the pace was favoring the Warriors. I think we made an intentional effort to slow things down. The problem is that once the Warriors get their defense set, they're REALLY good at it. You have to attack early before they're all in place and on the same page.

So far the winning combination for us has been aggressive offense earlier in the shot clock, counter-balanced with aggressive, physical defense to slow things down on the other end.