1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Refs stopped Rockets win: yes or no?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, May 27, 2018.

?

Rigged: yes or no?

Poll closed May 30, 2018.
  1. Yes

216 vote(s)
    69.9%
  2. No

93 vote(s)
    30.1%
  1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The one area where I will very much complain about the refereeing and one that I think the league shold crack down on is Draymond Green. He's consistently getting away with pushes and bear hugs on players where he isn't going for the ball. This isn't just a matter of unfair calls but is a matter of player safety. When he pushes an offensive player in mid-air down that is potentially very dangerous. Unfortunately I think the league will let him do it unless he ends up injuring Lebron..

snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

All you people who are in here saying its not on the refs need to get a clue

Jesus what were you watching?

Tfor3, Sledge187 and napalm06 like this.
  3. Sledge187

Sledge187 Member

Post of the playoffs!! Have Rocket playoff games been fixed before? Absolutely! That was absolute trash in the 2nd half.

jcf and Tfor3 like this.
  4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

People don't want to acknowledge it so they just brush it aside.

Those people will argue that the refs were "responsible for 10 points" or some random attempt at placating.

But it's more important to follow the game script.

Warriors make a 3. Take the lead by 1.
    Try to drive, get hammered.
    Warriors make a 3, lead by 4.
    Try to drive, get hammered.
    Warriors make a 3, lead by 7.
    Refs aren't giving fouls, force a pass - turnover.
    [repeat until 20 point lead and starters pulled]

This is the way refereeing can affect games. It isn't a cumulative total. It's a linear cause-and-effect sequence.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Look, they made some bad calls but if you initiate contact that is NOT a foul if the defender stands up and has arms straight up in the air.

We need to adjust they have figured out Hardens tricks.

DD

6. Mr. Space City

draymond bear hugs players to stop them from contesting shots at the rim when one of his teammates is driving to the basket.

Red Chocolate and pippendagimp like this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nope. Gs is just too much for a team down an elite player. It'll eventually catch up in the end. You only score 25 pts in a half. You're not beating gs

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Were they bad? Yes. Draymond only having one foul is crap but we lost by 30 and we turned to too much ISO in the second half. We kept missing our shots and warriors just exploded with 7 3’s in the 3rd. It’s not all on the refs.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The definition of stupid is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

The Rox need to adjust.

DD

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I understand what you're trying to do here, but it's just too generalized and not cogent based on what actually happened in that third quarter.

We're not talking about up-and-down defense, we're upset about the Nick Young perimeter body checks, and the Draymond never-up-and-down interior defense.

You can't swallow your whistle for one guy, one team, or one entire stretch of time, or the targeting is too obvious.

Bad calls happen, they're part of sports. Refs situationally targeting is not.

Harden being predictable is true but not entirely relevant. At some point Harden needs to be allowed to handle the ball somewhere on the court without a guy being allowed to reach and shoulder him all over the place.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Fellas,

Listen to yourselves.

Your saying the refs not calling fouls for the Rockets directly led them to play poorly and commit unnecessary turnovers. Aren't you basically saying the Rockets are not tough enough to overcome some bad officiating?

If all it takes is the refs bias for the Rockets to fold in the 2nd half of an elimination game, then are we really a championship team?

Again, I don't doubt the Rockets, but I do doubt your conspiracy.

So let's not disgrace ourselves further with more of this referees "rigged" conspiracy because it only leads you to question the toughness and integrity of the Rockets.

I believe this was a legit loss where sure the referees may have shown some bias, but then you could also make a case for Harden getting 8 free throws in the 4th quarter of game 5 as the refs cutting him some slack in crunch time.

The pendulum swings both ways. Just remember that.

Onto to game 7 we go!

YOLO likes this.
  13. Yaaz y2k

Yaaz y2k Member

NBA IS LIKE WWE AND THATS WHY ITS ONLY GONNA TAKE A COUPLE MORE YEARS BEFORE PEOPLE CAN SEE THE FAKENESS....REFS DECIDE WINNERS NOT PLAYERS

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am not going to say the game is rigged. But yes the refs had a hand in it.

KD getting a TON of calls in the 2nd quarter helped buoy the Warriors to get back into the game.

Harden NOT getting calls on drives in the 3rd quarter, resulting to fast breaks the other way, transition defense and open 3pt shots.

It is a butterfly effect. Those elements compound the issue.

(Yes the Rockets had turnovers, yes their shooting was bad in the 2nd half. BUT, we the Ref issue was a major factor).

15. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Stopped?

No....

Incredibly affected momentum while the game was close and GSW threes started falling, and then only started to give us calls once we were down 12 in the 4th?

Yes.

Basically, for 12 bball minutes it seemed apparent that things were not being consistently called on both ends of the court. Harden couldn't get a call on all of his drives, our shots stopped falling and it fell apart.

They're not 100% responsible, but they were absolutely a part of the problem. Had Harden and Gordon been given their due calls/FTs then I have no doubt we would've kept the lead going into the 4th and withstood their 3rdQ 3 onslaught.

16. Mr. Space City

any team can play elite defense when they're allowed to handcheck, camp out in the lane without getting a defensive 3 seconds call, pull jerseys to stop fastbreaks, and hack and body check guys at the rim.

nacho bidness likes this.
  17. SS0101

SS0101 Member

People that don't understand cause and affect are baffling to me. When you lost the ball on a no call it is a turnover. We had at LEAST 5 of those last night. When one of our guys is on the floor after said turnover (missed fouled call) then it leads to fast breaks. Fast breaks mean there is a numbers advantage...I'm gonna say at least 75% of their open threes have come on those types of plays. When our d is set they get almost no looks at all.

Red Chocolate and nacho bidness like this.
  18. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

I never thought Darts would be so entertaining until I started watching it

19. alcatrazpsycho

You must not have read my first sentence.

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member