1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question for the old timers here

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pandaemonaeon, May 22, 2018.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Kenny Smith was a journeyman scrub, but he was OUR journeyman scrub who fought minutes against a rookie and white boys who could shoot threes. Always the mismatch on paper (Stockton, KJ, Payton, Penny) but they showed heart and hustle.

There must be dirty laundry buried deep in Houston for Kenny to sell out this bad.

2. Milosch

Milosch Member

I have it on VHS somewhere, white suburban and all.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

I resent that.

Plowman and lnchan like this.
  4. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

This. Having never won a championship (not counting the AFL Oilers) it seemed like Houston was jinxed and never would win one.

Also, being 20 years older I don't live and die as much with my sports teams as I used to. Just part of getting older and wiser. It really used to tear me up, not as much any more.

But on the other side of the coin, back then I had season tickets. I never get as nervous when I am at the game as I do watching on tv, not sure why ...

Deckard, smp and Rocket River like this.
  5. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

What I would do now to have Reggie Miller keep quiet for an entire 2nd half...

Easy likes this.
  6. GimmeDaRock

GimmeDaRock Contributing Member

You're an old timer because.... your'e an old timer. I have been following the Rockets since they came here from San Diego. Gone to games before there was a Summit or Toyota Center.

7. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

You have no idea lol

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It was way more nerve racking.

Last night was really the first time my heart was really racing, to the extent that after Klay missed that shot I realized how much my heart was racing, certainly in these playoffs.

Back in the day, it was basically just an every game occurrence, seemingly.
    One could list so so so many games.

Heck, even before the championships. Game 7 against the Sonics in 92-93 was an intense a Rockets game as I can remember, and I'm still pissed about. F'ing George Karl's illegal defense!!!

Plowman and smp like this.
  9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

No we are old as hell.... when was the last time you plowed an 18 year old at full speed for 30 mins straight... we're old as dirt.

10. smp

smp Member

Now we have Green sitting in the paint for 10 seconds not guarding anyone! I’m not sure why more teams don’t use this strategy. Illegal D and defensive 3 seconds rarely get called.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You are exactly like my wife watching a horror movie. :D

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I used to have VHS copies of a bunch of those Finals games. I don't know what happened to them. Not that I have a VCR to play them on anyway.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The OJ chase was extremely annoying at the time. But looking back, it actually added to the memorableness of the championship run. That's some story we can tell our grand kids.

14. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Felt like deja vu tonight. Hoping clutch FTs are made and clutch shots are missed. My health can't take this.