1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most everyone here has it wrong

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, May 14, 2018.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

James straight up outplayed KD tonight .

1 glaring tactical mistake ( coaching standpoint )

All of the other mistakes I brought up were execution related... there is nothing you can do to fix guys missing layups . What is the coach going to tell them , " hey Luc .... try making the layup next time " ??

DonKnock likes this.
  2. payaso

payaso Member

Me too... as in, I'm POSITIVE Lebron will be the difference in the 2019 Playoffs!

3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

aria's foul trouble hurt more than people here are talking about. their lead ballooned once ariza sat for the 3rd. plus they are already the best 3rd quarter team of all time or whatever that dumb stat is.

ariza only played 24 minutes. if ariza had 34 minutes, and green had 6, the lead might not have ballooned in the 3rd. green actually gave up as many points as he scored. dude gets beat on D pretty badly. he should only play when we are in a scoring drought.

also, yes, clint needs to play more minutes. nene and ryno are useless. they got 10 minutes tonight that could've been clit actually playing defense.

game 2: more ariza and clint, less green, no ryno/nene. maybe moute, tucker, ariza, gordon actually shoot well for a whole game. that would be a win every time.

4. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Nene out there was fine

5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

our tactical error is letting 3 or 4 of their guys rest every time we get the ball...

6. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Cause Durant played out of so many Triangle/Princeton and split actions tonight right?:rolleyes:

7. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

I was at the game and i was sitting few rows behind Rockets bench and I saw the whole sequence. Capela was checking in and CP3 told coach to put Ariza in (I guess for his defense on Curry). Very surprising.

When we made the mini run and had it down to 4 85-89 or something with 10 mins left in 4th I thought MDA needed to bring in Harden amd Capela right then. We had the momentum but then offense went stagnant and they made the run.

But yeah, atleast Toyota center was LIT. Nobody in the crowd sat down for first few mins and it was LOUD.

snowconeman22 and DonKnock like this.
  8. BackdoorHarden

Was TC crowd loud tonight? Can't tell with TNT lowering crowd noise when Rockets blame. When TC was chatting "MVP" for Harden, TNT made it sounds like 20 fans were chatting instead of 18 thousands fans

DonKnock likes this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

We arent done until they beat us four times

snowconeman22 and DonKnock like this.
  10. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

Too many turn overs down the stretch and our role players struggled tonight. BUT, you cannot ignore that backcourt call and Draymond not being ejected.

11. MyLateRegistration

We can't play Gerald Green

12. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

tactical error is letting young get 3 3's on us and not outscoring the W's by 20 when he's on the court. should be an easy switch on him each time with harden and cp3. ISO looney plays into their hands

13. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Have we heard a good explanation for why he seems to be limited? He's only 24 (in 4 days) and it rarely seems like he's flirting with foul trouble. If it's simply conditioning issue, that's kind of alarming four years in.

14. ClutchCityReturns

Why do all your periods have a space in front of them?

snowconeman22 likes this.
  15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

So do I .

Going into the game I didn't know what to expect . I thought we could get blown out . Harden stepped up big time . Paul was great.

I thought curry and klay could have rained absurd 3's on us ... but we defended pretty well .

I thought donkey could have done typical donkey things and get away with murder .

I thought James or Chris could have had a bad night ...

Frankly , those things could still happen . But we played our style for much of the game ... the warriors managed to take us out of our comfort zone a few times ( those shot clock violations) ... but we fought back and brought the pace back under control .

Outside of the one tactical mistake I think MDA made ( and he probably could have done a few thjngs better ... but that was the only glaring one to me ) the difference in this game was missed layups fueling the warriors transition attack . I've got to bank that our guys will be better .

The warriors are monsters . They are universally thought of as one of the best teams of all time ... and we played right with them despite not executing great . It wasn't until MDA made that decision that the game got out of hand .

Rocket River likes this.
  16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Someone has asked me this before .

It's because I'm typing on my phone and I'm in the habit of pressing space after every word . I guess I don't care enough to get out of my typing rhythm to change it up at the end of a sentence .

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

definitely not conditioning. @snowconeman22 said he thinks CP thought GSW was going to hack Clint so he told MDA to take him out. I hope that isn't the reason, because that would make CP short-sighted and MDA not very confident in his ability to coach.

Clint was balling.

Rocket River likes this.
  18. Asian Sensation

James was terrific for 99% of the game but but he did NOT outplay KD and he definitely didn’t “straight up outplay him”. If you just look at points/rebs/assists it was still close.

Difference is James was a -7 and KD was a +11.
    More importantly you even mentioned the moment when the game was over. The moment Harden through that errant lob which ended up being a TO was critical. That was a 5 point swing followed by another TO which was a 7 point swing in like 20 seconds. James had 4 TO’s and at least 2 of them were game changers for sure.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

it's ok brehs, lerbon also lost game 1 and he aint even worried.... because he's gonna join the rockets next season baby!

20. ClutchCityReturns

Well, it's kind of annoying and if you care about me at all, you will make an effort to stop.

Time to truly see how much I mean to you.