1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/14/2018 (Western Conference Finals, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 9, 2018.

1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

This might be the most anticipated game since I started watching in 2003. Crazy.

2. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

3. AB423

AB423 Member

Anyone know when they take the tickets off of flashseats before the game?

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The new topic is about how the Warriors feel insulted that even mentioning the Rockets as close to them is an insult to the Warriors. Comments echoed by their most vocal mouth in Green verify this pseudo-aggression. Kerr using the media to let the Rockets know that they are still the top dogs...Curry talking about how he is ready for the challenge of being attacked on P&R, and wanting that every play.

The media has been really over-hyping and accelerating competitive tension ahead of what needs to be. This series is going to be physical starting tonight...it will be chippy. Green is gonna try getting in Capela's head(its his M.O. to go after the player deemed to be a threat who is a NON star)...Curry is gonna shimmy against CP3(then play around with his mouth-guard, tap his chest and point to the sky)...Klay is gonna try showing up Harden(always takes it personally against Harden considering their history playing against each other since HS)...Durant is gonna shoot over Ariza and company(and give his fake tough guy impression point at the crowd saying "this is my city')...Kerr is gonna play mind games throughout the series against the team and refs(especially after his lowkey twitter fingers attack at Harden's game)...All the Rockets need to do is compete. Go play basketball.

Most fans on this board know that the Warriors are probably one of the greatest teams assembled...but part of being a "clutchfan" is rooting for the Houston Rockets even if the odds are against us. The heart of a champion is built through failure and defeat...its what makes winning it all the greatest feeling ever. Time for talk is done. Time to show out and Run as one! Go Rockets!

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

2 hrs 23 mins

DonKnock likes this.
  7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

curry has likely been told to try and take the charge whenever he gets ISO'd, knowing that tony brothers will jump at the chance to rescue him with the whistle

Tfor3 likes this.
  8. HookemHorns1250

I didn't want to quote all of that, but yes that's frustrating. The Rockets have been nothing but focused, locked in, and quiet about the upcoming match up. There's no trash talking...but there -has- to be a narrative. For some reason, two of the best offenses in NBA History isn't a good enough story.

DonKnock and Tfor3 like this.
  9. HookemHorns1250

Also, for the love of everything, if I hear "Hampton" line up one more time....

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's time to pucker your butts people. I'm all full of different emotions. Extreme anxiety and excitement at the same time.

I know this team has what it takes but God damn, any time Steph, KD or Klay launch a shot I'm going to be like "aww ****!" It's going to be one stressful and amazing series.

I've never been so nervous and exited for a NBA playoff series... Scratch that... Sports series in my entire lifetime. I literally couldn't do anything else today because my entire mind is thinking about game 1.

Vivi, Tfor3 and MyLateRegistration like this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

2 more hours folks

12. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

This is going to be a long 2 hours!:eek:

13. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Deep down, you know Steve Kerr is scared. He knows this Rockets squad can easily beat them. His burner account has been working hard. He is trying to gain every bit of advantage with each media talk.

DonKnock likes this.
  14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

This

15. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

16. Salvy

Salvy Member

They should play this song as intro to starters tonight...

DonKnock and HookemHorns1250 like this.
  17. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

18. DJboutit

DJboutit Member

If the Rockets do not play 90% to 110% every game this series we will lose in 5. I see it being 7 on 5 the refs will not show us one bit on love in this series like every other time we have played GW in the playoffs.

19. ricky-retardo

ricky-retardo Contributing Member

Being from Bay Area I am so tired of all the talk about how great The Warriors are. I have been looking forward to this series all year and now it is only 2 hours away. I want the win so bad so I can listen to everyone whine and complain on the local sports radio scene.

Nivos, DonKnock and Tfor3 like this.
  20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

They ain't even that good. We about to put the league on notice tonight!

This is our MFn year.

Leggo

DonKnock likes this.