1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Narrative: Rockets Talking Too Much Stuff

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, May 11, 2018.

?

Are the Rockets talking too much?

1. Yes

2. No

3. What does Max Kellerman think?

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

All of a sudden the Rockets are cocky. I've been watched a lot of these sports shows preparing for Monday and they keep saying Warriors are angry because of the sh-t talking the Rockets were doing all season. Warriors want to play the Rockets bad to "Shut them up". If anything, the Rockets have been very honest in their pursuit of the #1 seed while the rest of the league laughed.

• Harden said in an interview he thought this was the Rockets time.
    • Clint said, if healthy, he thinks the Rocket are better than GSW
    • MDA says other teams need to matchup with the Rockets not the other way around
    • Morey says he is obsessed with beating the Warriors while saying the Warrios are the best team

Correct me if I'm wrong, that's the extent of the "sh-t talking" I haven't heard one sound bite this post season diminishing the opponent or looking toward the future to play the Warriors because "The Rockets want the Warriors".

The Media is helping the Warriors create fake bulletin board material by painting the Rockets as cocky sh-t talkers.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup its a fake narrative. all the things said were early on in the season but portrayed as if they went through the playoffs saying everything above

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Did you see @durvasa 's post about human psychology and needing a villain to root against? If not, I highly recommend reading the attached article in the thread. It keys you in on what the media is doing. They know that if there's a very REAL rooting interest for the country, more people will tune in on a nightly basis.

DreamShook likes this.
  4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

media conspiracy

That's exactly what the Barber is talking about in the beginning of Zach Lee's trailer. Worrriers are trying to play the underdog role. He's calling them on it.

5. Newlin

Newlin Member

Paid talkers gotta talk about something. They have hours and hours to fill every week.

6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I thought they don't care abt us? We are just another obstacle.

7. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Exactly I haven't even heard from the rockets talk about this match up after they beat Utah. So I'm like huh, but it reinforces my belief we are in golden states hard n they may be doubting themselves. N to hear them say the warriors are more hungry is laughable. How can u be more hungry when u already have what we want, plus u have guys 10 years in that haven't won n want it so bad for legacy. But I'm like yea I see right thru yall.

8. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Yes I've been noticing this narrative gathering steam on biased sports media outlets. They are trying to turn us into lazy, choke artist, isolation playing team with a HC that never succeeds. Jalen rose did a video from 3 yrs ago! trying to show harden as a quitter in the previous WCF. Outside of harden, capela none of those guys are currently on the team... If i know this current team, i know they sitting back taking all this in. Kerrs arroance, greens mouth etc. I feel like we gonna come out on fire. Rockets in 6

houston19519 and DreamShook like this.
  9. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Lol warriors **** talk way more.

Draymond straight up said “that team over there doesnt care about defense” when the year started.

Kerr has criticized hardens game on twitter.

West thought “we good, they wont catch us” when they were only up by like 3 games in the standings earlier this year

10. HookemHorns1250

Going forward, Capela must say that Golden State is better in every aspect of the game, or it would be taken as trash talking.

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

What thread? Got a linky?

DreamShook likes this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Now the Rockets will be even extra motivated because of the narrative that the Warriors are really gunning for the Rockets because the Rockets were gunning for the Warriors.

And once the Warriors hear about that, then they'll be even more motivated, gunning for the Rockets because the Rockets are gunning for the Warriors because the Warriors are gunning for the Rockets because the Rockets are gunning for the Warriors... now, of course, you know what that means!

The Rockets will now REALLY be gunning for the Warriors, because the Warriors are gunning for the Rockets, because the Rockets are gunning for the Warriors, because the Warriors are gunning for the Rockets because the Rockets are gunning for the Warriors...

Now, you know what that'll lead to...

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Morey was the one talking ****. They are right.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

exactly this, the media is feeding the warios made up horseshit like they always do.

DreamShook likes this.
  16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

You forget "what month is it?, we'll be alright.."

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the rockets should be talking to the media and at a very loud volume. about moving screens and draymond cheap shots + yelling at the refs. make that the narrative of fresh meat for these media whores to jump at like a cackle of hyenas

Richie_Rich, hakeem94 and HayesStreet like this.
  18. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

The NBA is trying to hype this series up. Media is paid to do just that.

NBA will make ton of money off this series alone.

don grahamleone and hakeem94 like this.
  19. macan

macan Member

no worry, max kellerman is still on our side

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I have noticed this too...all this talk about the Rockets 'talking'...The only mouth that keeps running is Draymond, with Kerr being a close second.