1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[video]Can Rockets Knock Off Warriors - Nick Wright

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DavidRocket, May 10, 2018.

1. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Good analysis as usual by Nick Wright and CC. As much as we all called out CJ McCollum for his "no layups" deal early on this season, I personally think CJ was surprisingly decent at his analysis of this matchup.

2. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Nick nose best

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Good stuff from 6:40 fwd. Hou watching Cavs finals win over worriers. Expose Curry on defense

BigMaloe and DavidRocket like this.
  4. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I think we are all (fans and players both) hyped up for this matchup. We all know who the Warriors are. Once the tip off in game 1 happens, it's all back to business/work for the Rockets. They will play their game and CP3/Harden will get to the rim. I expect to see a healthy number of foul shots and better 3 point shooting.

There will be "jitters" given the stage...but that will calm down. Rockets play their game attacking Curry, play smart focused DEFENSE (most important) and of course limit turnovers....Rockets can take this against the almighty Worriers.

Hakeemtheking, BigMaloe and Tfor3 like this.
  5. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Good analysis. Nick actually watches the rockets so he knows how we play instead of the standard 3&D, fast paced MDA offense people who don't watch spout. Good explanation why we have a chance.

linvetb6, BigMaloe and Tfor3 like this.
  6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Unlike the ESPN clip over in the Zach Lowe thread, this was a joy to watch.

Give me intelligent basketball discussion all day. I don’t care if we disagree or not if it’s coming from a position of knowledge.

Fuuck a hot take.

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

This is also an opportunity for all the casual NBA fans to get acquainted with the super power aka HOU mfn Rockets.

Jake Tower and DavidRocket like this.
  8. Hoop

Hoop Member

Clint getting max $$$ at 5:54min mark?

Tfor3 likes this.
  9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Check the garm. There is a thread bruh :(

10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Yeah, I think we all have realized our plan will be to attack curry on isolation. I have been constantly hammering around he board about how we will mercilessly attack curry on switches and force him to defend.

So today I started thinking on the opposite side of the ball. What is golden state going to do to counter?

I think we will see a lot of what we seen in 2015, hard double teams on the ball handler (harden).

I think golden state will protect curry on defense and force us in to a different action.

This does lead to a 4v3 advantage but we will have to strike QUICKLY before they can adjust and rotate back.

Also, I think we could resort back to a LOT of high PnR with whoever’s guarding capela.

Sag off, harden step back 3.
    Deny harden at the rim, lob to capela.
    Protect the lob, harden layup.
    Protect the lob, help off the corner to deny harden drive, pass to corner 3.
    tucker will be very important.

It’s going to be interesting to see how the warriors adjust and how we adjust to the adjustments.

#10 BigMaloe, May 10, 2018
    Last edited: May 10, 2018
  11. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Rockets need to expose Warriors' weakest link: Stephen Curry's defense. I want to see this play hundreds of time more!:eek:

linvetb6, wesbound and Tfor3 like this.
  12. cebu

cebu Member

CJ says Houston are welcome to make lay ups this time.

linvetb6 likes this.
  13. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Good point and sounds plausible with a definite precedent. Worriers are amongst the best at rotating/recovering on Defense....so yes definitely have to strike quick....which thankfully the Rockets are equipped to do. In fact, EGO and RYNO thrive off of that quick daylight to release from the parking lot. I just hope they shoot it as they have all year and not hesitate. Shots will go in enough times to hurt the Worriers.

If the Worriers decide to hard trap Harden or CP3......beauty of it is 3 things:

1) trap one....still have the other on the floor as an elite option

or if one happens to be resting on the bench

2) either one will find the open man to strike.

3) if Worriers did that for the entire or most of the game....it will tire them out as well....I don't care HOW athletic or conditioned they are. They're human....it's gonna happen....and I'm fine with them exhausting themselves to protect their "treasure" Curry on Defense......

So annoying whenever I discuss the Worriers. It's funny...they've been to 3 straight finals and won 2 of 3........in ANY other conversation about a team that's done that......hats off to 'em......respect...like them or not. But I just really despise the Worriers. It's a disgrace that they are a "historic" team. If KD didn't join them, then ok.....I still would despise them...but would have no choice but to give props where due because Green/Klay/Steph have built chemistry for years and just excelled to the mountaintop together.

14. Milby Buff

Milby Buff Member

We are who we are offensively and defensively. Offensively we will run pick and roll to exploit mismatches. Defensively we will switch everything; aint no chasing nobody around. Dubs will have to make adjustments to their defensive schemes more so than we will. I hate the series starts Monday, damn I gotta find something to keep me busy this weekend or I'm gonna have an anxiety attack.

15. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I am really impressed with CJ's take. It was actually interesting and insightful. Honestly better than most current/former players.

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Good discussion. And Nick's right about the 2016 Finals. The title-winning shot in Game 7 that Kyrie hit was over Curry when they set a pick and got him to switch onto the ball. The Rockets have to target him on defense.

MyLateRegistration and linvetb6 like this.
  17. Nimo

Nimo Member

This is intelligent basketball discussion? I could have given this if all I watched were both teams' past series.

18. MyLateRegistration

They hide him better in the 2017 Finals. Still abused him.

19. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Nick Wright is the best. But he has drunk waaaaay more Kool-Aid than I have.

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

The one thing that gives me the slightest hope is that the Rockets play like the Cavs played in that 2016 finals. They slowed the game down and had enough individual talent to play ISO ball and be effective. Of course the Warriors have KD now smh.

jayfree likes this.