1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do we really have a chance against the Warriors?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Apr 29, 2018.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

Don't want to jinx the Jazz series, but IF we get past them, which we SHOULD, GS will be a monumental struggle. All hands on deck. You are essentially looking at four future Hall of Famers against two. I have doubts we can win that series, but I will support the Rockets all the way. Rockets will have to play lockdown defense and shoot a high percentage. I don't think our ball dominant offense can win. Rockets will have to move the ball better.

amaru likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

the GS/Hou series is going to be one for the ages. it will be one of the all time classics when its done

Jayzers_100, amaru and One Mic like this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm confident that we are getting ahead of ourselves. One series at a time and one game at a time. So far, so good. I'll add that I can see no reason why we can't beat the media's darlings if we play our game and stay healthy, but first both teams have to get to the WC Finals, and both teams have their work cut out for them.

4. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I’m confident and glad Eric Gordon is getting all his bricks out of the way now.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

We're going to sweep the Warriors if they get past New Orleans.

6. Omar Turcios

Omar Turcios Member

All Eric Gordon has to do is attack the basket, that was his bread & butter every time we played the Warriors. They jus couldn't stop him.

vlaurelio and D-rock like this.
  7. cheeno

cheeno Contributing Member

all yall tripping, you guys are not true rockets fans. I will cheer the rockets on if they were 8 seed playing GS 1st seed. See this is why fans on this board are hesitant to post and show their appreciation for the team and its because the few pessimists out there they deter them away from being real fans. This is a rocket board, cheer your team on not everything is about stats. This years playoffs is different from any other playoffs in the aspect that anything can happen. Who would have expected teh pelicans to be so good or the Jazz? who would have thought that Derrick Rose is showing signs of being good again. Who would have thought that Lebron is having one of his best postseasons ever?

come on dudes, its the playoffs, the rockets are in it to win it, instead of doubting them cheer them on. You guys are worse than the fans who don't fill up the seats at the toyota center.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

I wonder how much WCF tickets against GS will cost? Utah game 1 tickets were cheaper than Wolves game 1 which was interesting. I wonder what price tickets will start at.

I’m trying to go to at least 2 games...gotta save my money for the finals ;)

9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

The answer is Yes

Warriors will take advantage of Houston Achilles Heel and weaknesses
    Rockets will take advantage of the Warriors Achilles Heel and weaknesses

Series goes to 7 games. Stage set and will be in Houston. Goes down as one of the greatest series ever.

10. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

"Dominated them in the regular season"? lol. If you know anything about basketball, you know those wins are a fluke.

11. apatel123

apatel123 Member

Let's beat the Jazz first.. that first game was a scheduling fluke.. the series should get tougher as the Jazz get more rest in

whiskeyred likes this.
  12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't mean dominated as in killed them. I meant we won the majority of the games we played them. Can we lose? Of course we can. All the guys have to do is not show up. Can we win? Yes, of course we can. We've proven we can. My point was why ask. It just seemed like a silly question unless our season meant nothing. It's not like we got to the playoffs by squeezing in at the last minute and lost to the Warriors all season long.

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

If the refs call it like against the Pelicans, no way you can beat them. This is the saddest **** since the Kings Lakers game in 2002. They have 4 All-Stars, best record over 3-year span in NBA history, won most games in NBA history and still need this much help from the referees?? How can any Warrior fan actually enjoy this is beyond me.

14. riko

riko Member

Aren’t you the guy who went on a anti rockets rant after Lin was traded and said now you don’t have to root for the rockets anymore that Lin is gone?

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

rockets are just a bad matchup for them..rockets have better ofense, better star players, better bench, more 3 pt shooters, play the same tough defense...home court...the only thing worriers have going for themselves is the refs

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

Who's the 4th? 'Cause it sure as damn hell ain't Draymond Green.

Edit: TBH Klay is pretty f***ing borderline too...

BallSoHarden likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If Draymond and Curry trip and wrestle everyone to the ground, the chances are slim.

18. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

Curry must be targeted relentlessly and not allowed to ball watch in the corner.

Make him a liability defensively.

If he is guarding Tucker, Ariza, LRMAM, Rhino in the corner, make him defend a PNR switch to CP3 or Ego or Beard or post him up repeatedly. Make him expend energy defensively and wear him down ad nauseam.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  19. RoxBro

RoxBro Member

I think this team was built to beat the warriors. We did it in the regular season, I think we do it in the playoffs.

DavidRocket likes this.
  20. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

In years past Curry would show hard and sprint back to the man in the P&R....his man has to be ready to shoot. If hes guarding tucker i dont see how we can expose him that much since tucker is a corner 3 guy.

This year however they tried a different strategy which was working quite well during the 3rd game. They had KD be the designated switcher. He was basically sitting at the top of the key in a one man zone. It was pretty successful until CP hit a 3 after a great Tucker screen to make it 104-103.

We must be ready for that defensive alignment and have more plays like that ready. Anyhow lets not get ahead of ourselves here and focus on game 2 tonight.One game at a time.
    RunAsOne

DavidRocket likes this.