1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do we really have a chance against the Warriors?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

OP put your big boy pants on and stop shriveling up before the series even starts.

There's one team that can beat the Warriors and that's us.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I agree with this, Warriors are obviously the favorites, but how we handle the Jazz will totally change our view of this team several times before that series even starts.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

We were never the favorites. We knew this going into the playoffs. We knew this after we signed Chris Paul.

It will take a mini miracle to beat the fully healthy Warriors. Having home court helps.

With that being said, I think we're the only team in the league that has a chance greater than like 10% to beat the Warriors in a seven game series.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The Rockets have HCA working for them. Winning at the Oracle will be extremely unlikely unless they are playing damn near perfect.

HCA, good health, and making 3s are the keys to winning that series. And remember we have our own “death lineup” to match up with theirs. The Warriors should be favored, but we have as good a chance as any team to beat them.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree , but why is there all this pressure on the Rockets? I keep hearing if the Rockets don't win a championship, this season is a failure.

6. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Man, when we do end up winning it all, I really hope the board makes a concerted effort to prevent the doubters from fully enjoying it.

7. BigO

BigO Member

Had they had tough game or even lost against Pelicans it'd be like: man are they even about that life doe? People overreact so fast these days. We build our team to beat them, will we do it or not, that another question, no need to jump around so fast. 1st people were complaining how easy they will have to they meet us, once Pelicans swept Blazers everyone be like: Pelicans might take them, now everything goes back.

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Only team that can dethrone the Houston Rockets are the Houston Rockets!

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

To be honest, I think a lot of us will be forced to confront reality if we face them in the WCF. They have by far the most talented top 5 ever, and they'd be the overwhelming favorites against anyone, including us.

10. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Fify :D

juanm34 likes this.
  11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

It would be great if we won it and I will enjoy it, but what pisses me off is the fans who will criticize this team if they lose 4-0 or 4-1 to the warriors. Realistically there is a possibility of it happening because warriors pretty much cheated the system.

12. kevtse

kevtse Member

If Eric Gordon can outshoot Klay Thompson, we have a good chance. But I dont see it happening, Ego is too streaky and Klay is much more consistant on his shots.

13. MistaK

MistaK Member

As others have said, let's not get ahead of ourselves and beat the j*zz first.

Also, don't expect the GS vs. PELS series to be all blowouts. Having said that, GS will win this in 5 or 6 max (even without Curry). Yes the Pels are peaking at the right time, but them blowing out the Blazers was more on the Blazers than it was the Pels. After their winning streak was ended by the Rockets they just didn't look the same and, if I'm not mistaken, ended the season 5-7 losing to teams like Dallas and Memphis.

As for the Warriors, they are the champs and the favorites. They've won games without KD, without Curry, etc....they are stacked like no other team and have championship experience. But Houston, in the playoffs, have always played them better than the series result may have you believe. In 14/15 they could have won games 1&2 on the road. During that horrible 15/16 season they managed to get 1 win...now they have CP3 and a deeper team. If the Rockets end up playing the Warriors, I expect a hard fought series, win or lose ...but the good guys hopefully taking down the champs!

#RunAsOne

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

"This season is a failure" is probably fair if they can't get out of the second round. Especially for Chris Paul.

The Rockets just need to be competitive in round 3. If they're going to go down, go down fighting. Not like last year. Then I'd be satisfied. And if there are still critics despite them putting up a good fight, I say to hell with them.

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

First of all, beat the Jazz first.

Secondly, yes we have a chance against the Warriors. But we'll have to bring our A game every night. If we play like we did against the T'Wolves, we'll be lucky to win 2 games against them.

16. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The synergy/ sum of our parts is greater... and, were constructed specifically to handle them.

Public perception/ a big head start..still cast GS as very slight favorites. Where futures are swinging with each game, it amuses me that the general public still doesn't comprehend the effect of Luc. He is a big piece...And, he completes our TEAM.

At the end of the day, it won't matter whether Curry is healthy or not. They have to match up with us.If we take care of our business, nothing else matters.

As CC said, "WE are better than them." (I know some wish he hadn't said it, but it's true)

#36 Plowman, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Because those jerks got our hopes up with their 35% chance of winning.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

GS-NO game was tied before pels players started getting called for breathing and several of them ended up on the bench in foul trouble. the big takeaway from that game is the league is not going to let anything remotely F with their revenue stream

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

A chance? Absolutely!

Are we the favorites? No.
    Is it likely we beat them? No.

But a chance to beat them? Yes.

The rockets are a very good team and when everything clicks we are right there with the warriors.

The tough part is that we need everything to click and they don’t.

Obito likes this.
  20. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

We definitely need to treat self as underdog and play with fire. Of course we need have belief we can beat them.