1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which poster has a posting style most comparable to yours?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CRC, Dec 20, 2003.

1. CRC

CRC Member

Moe, I'm sure Manny will tell you that's definitely too polite. ;) :D

2. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

[towlie]

i have no idea what's going on.

[/towlie]

3. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

No, Manny is going to say "Moe, quit encouraging him."

Oh, and also "quit your horsesh!t, jabroni!!" :D :D

4. CRC

CRC Member

I just noticed a number of reply in this thread has been deleted along with my reply to Manny, which goes something like this:

"LOL!... we are just "learning" to post like someone who is a #3 seed in a "best poster" tournament.

We are trying to improve the BBS by following his lead. How bad can it be ? ;)

The admins/mods probably think I was serious in encouraging people to post like Manny, which I'm not. I do have a point to make in my recent act to emulate a abrasive/pompous style of posting. I did what I did in order to make a point & here it goes:

I bet most of you must be surprised of my "weird act" lately ;). I was calling people out mercilessly to demean them & abusing whatever credibility/power I have to threaten others to do something not necessarily what they want to do. I was calling out clique buddies to follow my orders, threaten them if they don't comply then I'll declare war against them...etc. And yes, to a certain degree, it worked.

As your can see, I'm certainly capable of an abrasive style of posting, & I believe most people could do it as well. Trust me, it's not difficult. But there must be a reason I didn't do it thorough out my BBS existence until lately, simply because -- I don't want to.

Such pompous/abrasive style of posting that's going to insults others does no good for the BBS. It only provokes more insults & heated debates between parties. The concept of clique or telling people how many buddies one have only diversifies & divides a community. There are already enough examples of that on this BBS that could back me up on this. Someone has tried to provoke me with insults several times already but I don't fall into that not because I'm afraid or incapable, but because I know the consequences -- it will only bring out the worse side of one's personality and on a public forum like this, with so many people watching, including childrens, that's certainly not the right thing to do.

Now the admins have expressed their displeasure & showing us they are against such extreme abrasive style of posting. So please, I am asking...no, I'm begging all of you, let's bury the hatchet; let's stop all this crap of insults & pompous style of posting; let's bring our best behavior every time we are here on the BBS; let's set a good example here & lead this place to the promised land.

We need your support.

PEACE

CRC

5. CRC

CRC Member

err... no edit. I meant to say I'm not encouraging people to post like the "Abrasive Manny", most of the times he is still a good poster in my book. :)

6. farhan007

farhan007 Member

when will i gain popularity on this thread????:(

7. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Thanks, I think.:confused:

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

This is just getting weirder and weirder by the day.

9. codell

codell Contributing Member

I think CRC is trying to take over the BBS. :confused:

10. CRC

CRC Member

I'm weird...deal with it. :p

codell,

Beg me & I might consider about it... :p

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

No offense CRC, but trust me, coming from a loser with a 13 post a day average, there are probably far better uses of your time than long analytical posts about posting. Go cure cancer or something.

12. CRC

CRC Member

:confused:

farhan,

Why do you want to gain popularity? I'm sure if you are a good poster & contributes to this board, people will eventually recognize your effort. I know I would. :)

13. CRC

CRC Member

Sam,

No offense taken. But that's what I do best. :D

Seriously, I can tell you I am not happy about the trend going around in this place lately. And it's not a good one. I have an opinion & I expressed it. Honestly I don't visit the site often nor post much these day, so it's unlikely I'll waste your and everyone's time reading my posts everyday. Everything has a cause & effect, if my effort is not appreciated here, I'll stop. And perhaps just stop posting all together. I don't know, hopefully I don't get into that.

14. codell

codell Contributing Member

CRC,

My two cents: You are trying to hard. Sam said it best. Go cure cancer or something because the BBS and the posters on here are not going to conform to your utopic ideas no matter how many times you express them (which is ALOT).

I think Clutch does a wonderful job. Leave the molding and shaping of the BBS to him.

15. CRC

CRC Member

codell,

I want you to know, just like MacBeths said, the admins/mods can only do so much. They can determine the rules but that does not mean people will act civilly to each other. And the reason I expressed it is that I have also been offended several times as well. Like I said, it's a problem & I want to deal with it.

And please notice, everytime I started one of these so called 'analysis' I tried to deal with a different issue ( I never repeated addressing the same thing). My first one (djunior) is about newbies starting new threeads. My second one (in MacB's canary thread) is about the discremination of members i.e. YOF vs AYOF. My third one (Rankings) is a review of good threads started by posters in GARM. And this one is to address the pompous attitude/insults etc...

But you & Sam do have a point. I probably started too many of these & it's starting to get a little annoying. So I'll stop. Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Your boss must love you...

17. CRC

CRC Member

I am a boss. ;)

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Then you must be extremely flexible.

19. CRC

CRC Member

That's the best part about being a boss. :D

20. Fatty FatBastard

My posts would be comparable to LHutz, but he was a lot funnier than I.