1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Conservative Utopia 2.0: Oklahoma

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Major, Feb 9, 2018.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

What do you define as ‘current level’? West Texas Crude was $60+ in mid 2015. Less than $25 in early 2016. $45 six months ago. $60+ last month.

2. hlcc

hlcc Member

I don't get it either. For the majority of the time before WW2, the US was not the preeminent economic, military & cultural power. So that's supposed to be the golden age?

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Thanks, Melo.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

We are no longer in the 75-90 range. That's the big money range.

I'm saying 25-55. That's a wide range of pricing but really an average of about 45 as opposed to an average of about 80 with highs into 100s.

We are still no where the early 2000s levels and never will be again which was an average of about 85

The average has been sliced in half.

What has happened with price and is still continuing is there is no more artificial inflation. Price is pretty much drilling cost. Drilling cost has been slashed because there is no more deepwater drilling because fracking allows more exploration in old shallow Wells.

You're missing the big picture. What's happening in Oklahoma is happening in whole countries like Brazil and Saudi Arabia because they were living high on the high price hog.

It's was happened to Venezuela

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

They need to double down on the tax cuts because that will definitely help the economy in OK and increase revenue.

6. bobrek

How am I missing the big picture? I simply asked for clarification on what you consider current level since the price has fluctuated $40 over the past 2 years.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If only Oklahoma would see the light. The answer isn't to raise taxes, it's to slash them more! Especially for the job creators - this will fuel the economy and create wealth for everyone so you won't need to worry about gov't at all!

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You should read some books

fchowd0311 likes this.
  9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Calm down it wasn't meant to be an insult.

The current price of gas has affected a lot of entities. Especially those who invested long term in expensive drilling. Brazil is getting killed because their oil is offshore and to expensive to get to at current prices

10. bobrek

You sure make drastic assumptions. I don’t see the big picture. I need to calm down. You accused me of not seeing the big picture for simply asking what you consider current levels, considering oil has fluctuated $40 a barrel over a two year period. And, by the way, you used a six year timeframe for your ‘current level’. Less than 4 years ago, oil was over $100.

Anyway, oil is still a round of USA involved Mideast military action or OPEC jerkiness of shooting right back up.

Invisible Fan and KingCheetah like this.
  11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Bobrek

All I was saying is the entire dynamic of pricing has changed. Im using the last six years because that's about when it started.

The change in supply due to fracking has completely changed price. This isn't a temporary bust. Everyone in oil and gas is adjusting

Please I apologise if what I said was insulting.

12. bobrek

You can say six years, but it’s been about 3.5. In other words, the drop to your definition of ‘current level’ started in 2014.

E56B5EC6-8012-492D-A8E8-0A9B36150097.jpeg

B-Bob and KingCheetah like this.
  13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I would never live in Oklahoma because of their policies, including taxes.
    I would never live in California because of their policies, including taxes.

Lets be honest. The worst part of Oklahoma is the Thunder.

Harrisment likes this.
  14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Whatever

The point is it's not a bust. It's permanent. It's permanent because fracking has completely changed the supply dynamic

I don't know what point you're trying to prove. All I'm saying is that Oklahoma is tied to oil and just like other entities who are suffering.

If it's only 3.5 years it's still a long time and it's never going back to really levels immediately post Katrina

15. bobrek

Points I’m trying to clarify

- What is currrent level
    Apparently anything $25-$55 according to you, yet it’s been above that level for at least the last three months

- how long have we been at the current level
    According to you, 6 years, when in reality the oil market started its big dive into this area a little over three years ago

- how long will this last
    According to you it’s permanent and you think it will stay permanent regardless of Mideast destabilization or OPEC deciding to do what OPEC may want to do

Amiga and KingCheetah like this.
  16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'm giving you an answer that specific price is not what the post was really meant to focus on.

The point is fracking has changed the dynamic to where price won't get too high.

The supply dynamic in price has changed. You're to focused on specific price hence my comment missing the big picture.

Fracking has made oil easily accessible in unforseen amount just ten years ago. There are no more price hikes because of middle East unrest. America has become a net exporter again.

It's a paradigm shift

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Looking into these details oriented questions will quite simply and obviously obscure the Big Picture.

peleincubus likes this.
  18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The same thing is happening in Brazil, Venezuela, Saudi Arabia, etc, etc, so it is a bigger picture

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The price seems to be going up to its highest point in years.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Wasn't that the time period or newly freed slaves being Jim Crowed, Child Labor and No safety regulations so if a employee was hurt or killed you threw them away and just got another one?

Rocket River

mdrowe00 likes this.