1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Two Year Budget Deal, yay or nay?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Invisible Fan, Feb 7, 2018.

?

Approve of the budget deal?

1. 4 - really approve

2. 3 - it's okay

3. 2 - not okay

4. 1 - Hate it!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

If you want to give it some sort of malicious intent, you could pair it with the reductions at the state department. Less diplomacy, moar weapons. Rawr!

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

How does the size of this increase compare with the cuts in sequestration under Obama?

3. cml750

cml750 Member

I like that it is a two year deal but wish they cut spending instead of increasing it.

4. hlcc

hlcc Member

I have a feeling military budget is turning into a Republican approved version of welfare. Billions & billions are wasted every year producing unwanted, not-needed and borderline useless weapons that's going straight from the factory floor into long term storage. There are a lot of jobs tied up with these useless pork projects.

With this increase, our military budget as percentage of GDP (after adding in nuclear weapon R&D, production & maintenance which for some reason are not considered as part of the military budget) is more than double when compared to China;s military budget as percentage of GDP.

#24 hlcc, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Rocket River likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Those jobs much like coal
    Proud, hard, grit worthy, and free
    Real American

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's no such thing as a party of fiscal responsibility these days.

cml750 likes this.
  8. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Yeah I wonder who was the last president that was fiscally response? Hmm my memory fails me.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, Clinton did a pretty good job of not getting in the way of the Republican congress who was fairly fiscally responsible at the time. He absolutely deserves credit for that.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Now all we need is to start a war and we can really cripple the budget and kill our economy. If you ever thought we could have worse than Bush, you thought wrong!

11. Purvis's shorts

I'm aware of that. It just amuses me that for 8 years of Obama's presidency, republicans referred to themselves as the party of fiscal responsibility.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

By comparison they are, but when compared to actual fiscal responsibility it's a joke for them to even pretend that they are in any way fiscally responsible.

No one compares the current crop of GOP congressmen to the 104th or 105th congress, they've moved to the left since then and away from fiscal responsibility.

13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Now we know that you are not paying attention.