1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden & CP3 - why not great together?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Jan 28, 2018.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

How are they not grest together? I don't understabd why you think Cp3 and Harden don't go great together. Harden is averaging 31 and 9 while Chris Paul is averaging 19.5 and 8 and both of them are producing way more than their career averages. They even lead the 2nd best team in the league with the best having 5 superstars to their 2.

By what metric are they not great together? You are just seeing something thats not there.

D-rock, vlaurelio and hakeem94 like this.
  2. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Do you have any evidence suggesting that they aren’t great together? Until you can prove your first point, no further debate will be of any substance.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1-star thread...

4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Dumb thread is dumb

Deuce, Reeko and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  5. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I think you are watching the chatanooga rockets with james Haren and Chris pall. Not the same Rockets buddy.

D-rock and vlaurelio like this.
  6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

D-rock likes this.
  7. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I mean he was bad most of the playoffs offensively but THANK YOU SPRINGER FOR SHUTTING US UP

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

OP doesn't think CP3 and Harden are great together even after witnessing CrunchTime CP3 and Harden? weird.

roslolian likes this.
  9. threepointshot3

Skip Baylee’s it won’t work but now says it works great. Broussard the same. SAS the same also says I was wrong. Heck the the whole national media says it is a success story but you just don’t want to see it.

We have two of the most ball dominance superstars willing to work together and the net result is a impressive 35-13 record. So far

D-rock, vlaurelio and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  10. OTMax

OTMax Member

I just think they can be better if they had more sets with one of them working off the ball to get an open shot, instead of a lot of times let one watch the other go to work.

11. Milosch

Milosch Member

Peanut butter and jelly - why not great together?

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

U said they weren’t great together. They’re not great based on what exactly? U didn’t bring up any stats, numbers, or really much of anything to back up that claim. They don’t move off ball enough? Ok, that doesn’t mean they still haven’t been great together because they have.

This duo has worked about as well as one could’ve hoped so far. Both are having incredible seasons and making each other better. The Rockets’ record with both of them on the court is incredible.

vlaurelio likes this.
  13. eslate22

eslate22 Member

who’s the jelly? cuz lebron thinks he is

14. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I think they've done well so far. They deserve credit for sacrificing a little bit of their individual games in order to win. It's hard to get guys to do that.

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Nature of the offense, we usually run 2-3 man sets. Plus Harden and Paul aren't exactly Klay Thompson so they some times become spot up shooters.

it's not all bad anyway. It's a luxury to have your ball handler rest on certain possessions. I have think having one play maker burned out both Harden and CP3 in their respective teams last few seasons.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The numbers show they are great together.

What are you talking about OP?

17. vlaurelio

great together = cp3 & reddick

- OP

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

You are wrong and here is my reasoning

Let me start with . . I'm a Rockets Fan
    I'm a 99er meaning a BIG RUDY ROCKETS FANS
    Which means . . .. I am a fan of RUN IT AGAIN UNTIL THEY STOP!!! UNTIL THEN CRAM IT DOWN THEIR F***ING THROATS! Rocket fan.

you want these miles and miles of complicated sets that look beautiful and great

As an analogy . . . .. I watch Chef Ramsey saving Restuarants
    Almost to a show. . . . .THE FIRST THING HE DOES IS CUT THE MENU
    You seem the guy that would server burgers, pizza, fish, chicken, some shepards pies etc etc etc
    Big long ass menu . . . .
    When successful restaurants have simple ass menus
    I'd rather be EXCELLENT at 10 sets than mediocre in 100

The win total seems to bear this out

Daniel son only knew the 8 point blocking system and a few punches
    and KICKED ASS!!!!

[​IMG]

Rocket River
    All we need is a GOON to SWEEP THE LEG . . . .. Bogut . . . .. . you might need to be called up

s3ts likes this.
  19. vlaurelio

LOL a team on the floor with cp3 and harden CAN get any shot they want. It's not Harden & Cp3's fault Ryno's a useless stretch 4 who's to afraid to shoot and no confidence when he shoots for more than half of the season and Egos on a shooting slump (at least he's driving and still shooting). If Ryno or Ego makes at least 1 more three combined a night then Rocket's Harden & CP3 have already surpassed GSW's Curry & KD offensive rating.

let Harden & Cp3 focus on what they're best, most productive, and/or most efficient at not only within the team but in the whole league. elite playmaking, ISOs, pullups, and drives.

https://stats.nba.com/players/isolation/?sort=PPP&dir=1&CF=PossG*GE*2&Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular Season
    https://stats.nba.com/players/pullup/?Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular Season&sort=PULL_UP_PTS&dir=1
    https://stats.nba.com/players/drives/?sort=DRIVES&dir=1

Why force Harden & CP3 do what they're not best? Why have all 5 guys running in circles LOL.
    We do have those off-ball off-screen plays but whoever's best at them is executing them.

https://stats.nba.com/players/hand-off/?CF=TeamNameAbbreviation*E*HOU&sort=PPG&dir=1
    https://stats.nba.com/players/catch-shoot/?sort=CATCH_SHOOT_FG3_PCT&dir=1&Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular Season&TeamID=1610612745
    https://stats.nba.com/players/spot-up/?sort=PPG&dir=1&CF=TeamNameAbbreviation*E*Hou&Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular Season

#39 vlaurelio, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He sounds like one of those guys that was Made because Shaq didn't hit the 3 ball

"All players should be perfect at all things. . . that is how you win championships"

Rocket River

vlaurelio likes this.