1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Atlantic Monthly] The Humiliation of Aziz Ansari

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Dairy Ashford, Jan 15, 2018.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Interesting that the idea that men are more likely to violently threaten women online than vice versa somehow makes them superior in your eyes. Tell me more.

Invisible Fan and B-Bob like this.
  2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

While most people agree that he didn't assault this woman, if an angry mob it will be his most staunch supporters who are the liberal and antifa type. So yeah, not that dangerous.

The rest of us who think he was not at fault definitely aren't forming a mob against this woman LOL

3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I like how you play the oppressed, misunderstood conservative card. SCW.

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

That would be a game changer if they did.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I wouldn't be so sure - there was a huge spike in tiki torch purchases on Amazon today.

Nook, Invisible Fan and vlaurelio like this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

I thought that this was just an accepted fact?

What are yall arguing about?

Nook, Invisible Fan and B-Bob like this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

Bingo. It's ok to despise sexual predators, but it's also ok to not fly off the handle at every single accusation.

8. durvasa

I would have thought so as well.

B-Bob and Buck Turgidson like this.
  9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yes, based on your and probably most other standard. This isn't in the same catg as other #metoo, but it's not black and white like many are seeing it. I can understand where she is coming from and I'll just leave it at that.

10. durvasa

It’s rarely ever black and white. Much of the discord in our society stems from people not recognizing this. When people feel strongly about something, they need villains to validate their feelings.

11. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

We have too many trash outlets. It's clear Katie Way and the editors at "Babe.net" thought this was going to be their big break. Too many people in Brooklyn are trying to take journalism shortcuts and gatekeeper-free social media is helping them.

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I really think they exploited the young woman and preyed on her immaturity, TBH.

"Yes, none of it is on you. You're a victim. We'll tell the world and save other women, all while you can remain anonymous."

13. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Her identity will leak out sooner or later, we will then decide if she is an 8 or 5.

14. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

If i'm a racist, your idea of the world is doomed.

15. B-Bob

Agree, and anyone over, say, 25 years of age would know that. The editors at Babe know that. Everyone but the young woman, really.

16. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Don't deny that.

SIL

17. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

18. B-Bob

Christ. That's a career-limiting email.

"No woman my age would ever watch your network. I will remember this for the rest of my career — I'm 22 and so far, not too shabby! And I will laugh the day you fold. If you could let Ashleigh know I said this, and that she is no-holds-barred the reason, it'd be a real treat for me.

Thanks,
    Katie"

This whole thing reminds me more and more of the reaction I've seen among a few entitled millennial students when they get their first C grade ever, on a physics test. It's everyone's fault but theirs, LOL. The field. The book. The professor. The test. The font. Their pencil. Anything must be the explanation before "maybe I just had a bad test day and maybe physics is hard."

But in other news, we may have found someone as thin-skinned as 45 now.

Rocket River likes this.
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Invisible Fan and B-Bob like this.
  20. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

This appears to be a response to whatever producer or booking agent contacted Way to appear on the show. Certainly invective and ranty, but possibly thought to be off the record and in response to some already unflattering comments directed at her on the air. Incidentally those students are Gen Z or post-millenial, millenials started in 1980 and ended in 2000, so some of them are actually sending freshmen your way.

B-Bob likes this.