1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Atlantic Monthly] The Humiliation of Aziz Ansari

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Dairy Ashford, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That was had me perplexed as well

Rocket River

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why because he's a short Indian man? We all know what you are. Just come out and admit it.

3. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Unfortunately, in today's short attention-span world, I don't know that the public can be reliably expected to read past the headline. So it's entirely within the realm of possibility that this is hurting his career even with people who wouldn't believe he did anything wrong, had they taken an extra few minutes to get the details.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

This is my sentiment as well. Vitriol is a son-of-a-witch!

5. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is insane. Were her "clear non-verbal cues" given before the first or second blow job? Hit pieces like this delegitimize actual criminal behavior.

Edit: I also think this could have been handled better. It sounds like he was clumsy in the situation, and maybe aggressive, but how exactly is he supposed to interpret things when there are three instances of consensual oral sex that evening? Or her sticking around, nude, not leaving and hoping he would "stroke her hair" or "rub her back" to "calm her down"? This idea of women only being expected to give silent, "non-verbal cues" and men constantly gauging for those cues in between moments of consensual sex seems like it would create an almost impossible situation for participants. Agency for all participants needs to be a thing and it sounds like she didn't fully exhibit it by sticking around, never outright saying "no penetrative sex tonight" and not vocalizing anything she was thinking.

It sounds like only after she discussed this with others did she see it as "sexual assault" which, as most seem to be pointing out, this doesn't appear to fall under. And, since there doesn't appear to be any legal violation on Ansari's part, I take issue with her kissing and telling after she'd privately spoken about this with him and he expressed contrition, apologizing immediately. An adult should've ended it right then and there. If there's no crime, why publish this except to drag down somebody who doesn't deserve it?

#65 mtbrays, Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    SirIvyLeague likes this.
  6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's ****ing time

Duncan McDonuts likes this.
  7. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

@Nook this guy said it better than me.

Society shouldn't need to judge, this shouldn't even be a story. This isn't a crime, this is just bullshit thrown against the wall that stuck because of the time we're in. Not because it's actually legitimate.

SIL

8. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Oh absolutely, ever since I've been active sexually if a white guy(white only) knows i've been with a girl they without a doubt, won't be with that girl. I'm brasilian and swiss, I can pass off as light skin(black) or that's what most people think. I got zero african american in me, zero. I have mainly white friends, when we go out they get PISSED if i hook up with somebody they had their eyes on(even if I didn't try). I've had a lot of white girls when I lived in Houston that they told me they find me extremely attractive, but can never be seen actually dating me. I had three girls use me as their side piece, but would never admit being with a man with any color to them and will openly go against interracial couples(how funny).

As for your cuck statement, we usually say that to white boys. Seriously, you'll see girls in Vegas come up and ask us men of different color if we can do them cause their husband or partner is a cuck. Or they just married a rich older dude, but need to get some...and the guys understand. They ****ing understand!!!

To your point, yes, I don't know what her point is. That Aziz is just like any other dude? Okay. Did he commit a crime? No. Did she regret ****ing him and blowing him? Yes. Alright, move on. Is that a crime, again? No.

Okay, what's the point here besides defamation. If I'm Aziz, I say I spent a night with her, did absolutely nothing wrong by her accounts, and not understanding why this is being brought up. If she regrets being with me, I'm not sure what to say but I hope she finds someone she's happy and doesn't regret being with.

As I write that, I realize it makes me think she's upset that Aziz didn't try to make her, his girlfriend.

SIL

Rocket River likes this.
  9. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

The implication is that they are pissed due to your skin. If you believe they are racists, why are you still friends with them?

BTW, i'm white & have had friends pissed at me when i've pulled someone they fancied...and vice versa. Jealousy.

10. Spooner

Spooner Member

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Wow. 13 years later and that doesn't even seem funny anymore (no fault of Chapelle's). It seems like something they show incoming college students about how to get consent these days.

12. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Outside of steal yo girl, we get along. Travel, basketball, parties, concerts, work, etc.

Just girls.

SIL

13. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

14. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When it comes to sex, the French (and others) seem to have more open views than our Victorian-tinged American perspective. I can only speak for myself, but the education I received on sex was woefully inadequate and many adults who were in a position to teach were sheepish about the subject.

Deji McGever and Spooner like this.
  15. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I had a similar situation as Aziz when I was in HS. Totally didn't realize anything was wrong, and still don't fully understand what happened or why she was upset. It was with somebody I loved and had been intimate before and after the incident, so not a one night stand by any means in my case. She told somebody else that I tried to rape her (not true). It was hard.

16. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

Dude, the context of your post was that they resented a "black" man pulling "white" girls. Seems racist to me. I'd have more self-respect than be friends with that sort.

17. Spooner

Spooner Member

The country is not really the point. You should read the article as it has to do with the topic.

18. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

no, because he's self admitted male feminists.

Is race baiting all you do?

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's being a racist all you do?

By the way being a feminist only means you see both sexes as worthy of being treated equally

20. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Name of thing I said that was racist. Becuase of idiots like you real racism isn't been taken seriously anymore.

"RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST"

Like a bunch of ****ing parrots.