1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Approval at 55%! Go Trump!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Feb 16, 2017.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Poor texxx, too blinded by partisanship and bias that he can't see how much of a hypocrite he is.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Oh, bigtexx knows... everyone knows.

3. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Might as well dig up some posts.. lol

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

No I am very aware. I have done well this last year, including today. I also did well during the last 5+ before that. To the point where my "meager" investment profits have taken care of majority of my graduate school costs and tuition. ***thankfully***

5. NewRoxFan

And now mixed results on the job front, as the December jobs report showed 148,000 jobs gained, below the 190,000 expected.

[​IMG]

6. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The difference is that job growth during Obama's turn was because of Republicans in congress. Job growth during Trump's term is because of Trump's outstanding policies that he's put forward during his first year.

CometsWin, No Worries and Rashmon like this.
  8. hlcc

hlcc Member

Foxconn deal? I'll believe it when they actually start production. Foxconn have an extremely bad track record of actually going through with announced big investments. The $12 billion investment in Brazil that's supposed to create thousands of jobs? Nope didn't actually happen. The multi-billion investment in Indonesia? Nope didn't actually go ahead either. The $5 billion investment in India that's supposed to create 50,000 jobs? Nope, didn't go ahead either. It's questionable if they even need another LCD manufacturing facility. They already have plenty of unused excess capacity at several of their newly acquired Sharp factories in Japan (very recently constructed factories too), and they also just broke ground for their new massive LCD factory in China.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Great info on Foxconn. I've really just seen the cost in tax breaks that essentially it will ultimately cost the state which essentially comes out to paying on average 500K PER EMPLOYEE. I highly doubt the average salary being paid will be 500K+ and the state to get that money back in the local economy, and it will end up being a highly inefficient way of adding jobs to the state for a one-off company deal.

I'm not against subsidizing in order to get job growth going in areas that need it. I would love to see a candidate run on subsidizing to get clean energy companies in the "rust belt" area of the country to get those areas booming again, and not relying on unsafe jobs that are likely to have little demand in the near future.

However this deal just looks like a half ass way of cutting a government deal that is lopsided, and does more damage than good just so they can say "see... we brought MANUFACTURING back".

10. conquistador#11

FAKEBARGRAPHS! I only deal in DELICIOUS pie charts.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I more than doubled my money during the Obama years. 25% is nothing plus I credit Obama with a lot of that. Trump gets done increase because of tax cuts but those won't last. The market is at its peak. His policies which cut income to the lower class and the higher interest rates will result in the end of the boom and lead to recession. That's what Republicans are good at... Killing expansion with excessive tax cuts

13. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

31 Republicans are retiring or pursuing higher office this midterm election

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

And 4 convicted criminals are running on the Republican ticket.

DD

edwardc likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

Appears trump has discovered a poll he likes:

Same poll...

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2511

16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Trump is good health according to the White House doctor.

The questions at the presser were hilarious. Great job media!! Go Media!!

17. Buck Turgidson

He can't say otherwise, imagine the economic/political/geopolitical repercussions if he came out and gave a poor diagnosis. That goes for any President.

18. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

They misspelled the doctors name on the original falsified report; was Ronnie now it's correctly spelled Ronny.

Trump caught FORGING doctor's statement on his "excellent" health

#618 Torn n Frayed, Jan 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  19. NewRoxFan

Proving once again, trump will lie about anything, no matter how easy to disprove...

Trump tweeted his black approval rating has doubled. It hasn't.
    http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/16/politics/trump-black-approval-rating/index.html

20. NewRoxFan

trump is just as popular worldwide as he is here in the good ol' US of A...

Poll: Under Trump, global approval of U.S. leadership hits historical low

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/18/trump-global-leadership-polls-344989