1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Championship Offseason Moves.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Real Shady, Mar 26, 2001.

1. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

The season is about to be over and it looks like we are going to miss the playoffs. Here are four possible moves that I can see the Rockets make in the offseason that would get them back into championship contention.

1. Trade Cato and the Bucks pick that Houston will acquire this year to Indiana for Croshere. This will do two things. It gets rid of Cato and his lazy attitude for a player that gives 110%. It also makes Houston more attractive for Webber to come to.

2. Sign Webber - I don't think I need to explain the benefits on this move.

3. Use are lottery pick 1-13 on a big man. Most likely we will not win the lottery and draft #13. In this draft there are an insane number of big men coming out, just look at the projected top 15 picks from http://www.nbadraft.net/.
    1. Eddie Curry HS 6-11
    3. Tyson Chandler HS 7-1
    6. Chris Marcus Kentucky 7-1
    7. Loren Woods Arizona 7-1
    8. Michael Bradley Villinova 6-10
    10. Troy Murphy ND 6-11
    12. Jason Collins Stanford 6-11
    14. Ken Johnson Ohio St. 6-11
    15. Brendon Haywood NC 7-0

4. The rockets final move will be to sign back Olajuwon. If the rockets make these moves in the offseason I don't see why Olajuwon would want to leave even if he can only sign for the veteran minimum. If he does leave the rockets can always go out and sign a chump big man like Longley or Purdue.

C - Olajuwan/draft pick/Collier
    PF- Webber/KT
    SF- Croshere/Walt/Langhi
    SG- Mobley
    PG-Francis/Moochie

------------------

2. Bay Rock

Bay Rock Member

I posted similar comments in the College Corner and for the most part, I agree.

However, I think we can trade Cato for Croshere straignt up. Indiana needs a big man to allow Oneil to play PF. Croshere can play SF (tweener) along side either CWebb or MO.

Our priority in the draft should be a defensive minded center who will rebound and block shots (Ken Johnson).

We can use Milwaukee's pick to pick up a true SF (Joe Johnson, Prince, Rodney White, Morris, etc.)

If Dream doesn't come back, we may be able to pick up Mark Jackson as a short term solution.

------------------