1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2017-18]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 9, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Nicely done.

2. JTQ

JTQ Member

FYI,
    this week

Greg Zeuerlein aka Legatron 1 pt
    Justin Tucker 11 pts
    Harrison Butker 9 pts (in a gusting 20 mph winds - also got him in FA)

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Forbath who I also mentioned was in a good spot with Minnesota dealing. However, I tend to shy away from winter-weather kickers in December.

4. The Stig

The Stig Member

Thus, making Will Lutz a top play for the rest of the season.

5. NewRoxFan

My kicker... Good ROS including domes, good offense, kicks 50 yarders.

The Stig likes this.
  6. The Stig

The Stig Member

I got Matt Ryan as my QB. Do I need to find an upgrade for him? Dude has been consistent, but has not broken the 20 point barrier yet.

On the Waiver Wire, I got: Rivers, Keenum, Tyrod. Any of them worth it? I tried trading for Wentz/Wilson last week but dude wants Tyreek at the minimum for either of them...

7. NewRoxFan

Clinched playoffs in a pretty competitive league. I continue to lead in scoring by 120 points but continue to be 4th (12 player league). Time to plan for the playoffs.

1. Dropping Joe Mixon and placed waiver claims on Samaje Perine and Lat Murray. I'm 9th on the waiver list, so probably won't get either, but here's hoping. Worst case, keep Mixon until next week and hope someone drops.

2. Dropping Kelvin Benjamin and placed waiver claim on CIN (OK, mostly a this week improvement on DET going against MIN), Josh Doctson, Doyle and ASJ. Someone probably grabs CIN anyway, and Doctson would be a good consolation. The two TE s are ranked higher than my TE (Charles Clay), but not enough so that I'd be disappointed if I miss out. I may cancel the Doyle and ASJ claims anyway and add a claim for Corey Coleman.

Other decent WRs on waivers include Stills, Richardson, Lockett, Wallace. RBs getting thin, McKissic, Woodhead, Cohen, McGuire, Booker.

8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't drop Mixon. He could have a 2014 Shoelace Robinson type run of 4 games.

#728 Astrodome, Nov 21, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    CallMeTheDream likes this.
  9. The Stig

The Stig Member

@NewRoxFan

1. I personally like it. Mixon's schedule isn't going to get easier. I like Samaje more but Lat has been the GL back for a hot team. Could work for you.
    2. Keep an eye out for Stills. If Matt Moore plays, then Stills is the guy to own. CIN's DST is probably a must add if DET is your other option.

10. NewRoxFan

@Astrodome @The Stig Thanks both of you for the advice. I may not be able to get any if people with better placement on waiver list are active tonight. Mixon is a bit of a sore subject as I dropped Coleman for Mixon and then Freeman gets a concussion. But Mixon's OL is so bad, and Mixon hasn't really shown any real ability to avoid or break tackles. Plus a pretty tough schedule. That said, if I miss on Perine and Murray I will be keeping Mixon and hope.

btw, thanks for the Denard Robinson reference. I went back and watched a few videos. heck, I hope Mixon would go back and watch a few videos.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Seattle has been insanely cursed since Beast Mode left. They can't find a single back who is decent and the ones they do find that may be decent get hurt.

Tough situation but absolutely great if you invested in Russ Wilson as I did. He's the entire offense. With the LOB all injured, Russ should be putting up video game numbers the rest of the way.

YOLO and The Stig like this.
  12. The Stig

The Stig Member

Yeah, I'm hoping Matt Ryan continues to trend upwards and see what happens then. Asking price for Wilson/Wentz is too high for my liking.

Standard Scoring, Pick 3 WR: AJ Green (locked), G.Tate, L.Fitzgerald, T.Hill, M.Sanu, K.Golladay

Leaning towards AJ Green (obviously), T.Hill, and M.Sanu but would like a 2nd opinion.

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Targeting the Raiders pass defense has been a cheat code so far this season. Even Jay Cutler had a career day against them.

They fired their DC today after an NFL-record 10 straight games without an interception.

Remains to be seen if the defense will improve at all, but it would be hard to get much worse.

14. NewRoxFan

Perine and Lat Murray both went to owners with better waiver claim positions but I was able to get my third choice (Doctson, dropping Kelvin Benjamin). Oddly, Lat Murray went first. Someone also got Doyle... I can stay with Clay unless BUF goes with Peterman again (if that happens, I can switch to ASJ or Hooper). And stuck with Mixon for another week.

Was wondering if I should just go with DET and keep all my WRs or drop one for CIN or WAS or LAC for this week only. I'm a big underdog this week so not as worried about DST this week.

Second question... who should I start at Flex? Choices: Doctson vs NYG (Cousins my QB), Darkwa vs WAS, or Davis vs IND, or Parker vs NE. I am going against first place team and projected to be a 25 point underdog, so upside is important.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I need to pick 2 this week out of...

Kenny Stills vs Patriots
    Corey Davis/Delanie Walker vs Colts
    Jay Ajayi vs Bears
    Darkwa vs Redskins
    Crabtree vs Denver

To me it almost seems like a guess out of those players. Perhaps I should do the opposite of what I think ultimately.

16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I would choose Doctson with Reed and Thompson out.

17. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I would go with Doctson, he is the one with more upside, and I dont see the projections, you cant trust them.

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Play Stills. Moore loves him.

peleincubus likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

Every time I make a last minute change it blows up in my face (last night, Darkwa for Doctson). I will disable my computers and mobile devices on days of games...

20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Did you start Mixon?