1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Finishing .500 Means +10

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Mar 25, 2001.

1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I know everyone is gloomy over the seeming loss of the playoffs, but here is something to ponder.

If the Rockets win half of the remaining games of the season, they will go +10 in the win column from last season. That is a 20 game turnaround in one season with Olajuwon out most of it.

I for one am very impressed.

------------------
    "I swallowed a lot of agression...along with a lot of pizzas."

2. wattsupdogg

wattsupdogg Member

YEAH ITS NICE AND WOULD BE GOOD ENOUGH MOST YEARS TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS EXCEPT THE WEST IS EXCEPTIONALLY STRONG ALMOST ALL THE WAY DOWN THE LADDER, AND THEN YOU HAVE THE EAST, WHICH WOULD'VE MADE THE PLAYOFFS EASILY. WE'RE HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. ROME WASN'T BUILT IN A DAY!

------------------
    Rockets For Better, For Worse......'til death do us part!

3. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

That is a 20 game turnaround in one season with Olajuwon out most of it

Jeff, how is going from 34-48 to 44-38 a 20 game turnaround? We lost 10 less games and won 10 more games. You gain/lose a half game in the standings for each win/loss. That's 20 * .5 games = 10 game turnaround.

------------------

[This message has been edited by aelliott (edited March 25, 2001).]

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I totally agree,

It is nice to see growth, but the truth is that it is a lot harder to improve upon 10 games over .500, so it will be harder to get better.

DaDakota

------------------
    If you like RTS games, check out this one.

www.frontierwars.com

coming soon to a PC near you.

5. Gascon

Gascon Member

Shut up, aelliot.

20 looks a lot better. [​IMG]

------------------
    "There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another which states that this has already happened."

Douglas Adams

6. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

My point exactly Jeff. Things take time. This is a big improvement for just season. We've improved despite losing Barkley, and having Dream hurt most of the year. It will only be that much sweeter when we do make it back to the playoffs. But these things take time and I can not be disapointed with this season.

------------------
    Shane
    "Save Our Rockets"
    "Life without basketball in Houston........without an arena that is what it will be"