1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Unofficial 2017 World Series] Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Dodgers

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by swyyyguy, Oct 22, 2017.

1. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Look, I don't know if we will win tonight, nor do I feel comfortable about this game, but this is it. It is for all the marbles. For some reason, I think this was destined to happen. For all the heartbreak and letdown we have experienced as Houston Sports fans, this is the chance to erase all of that. No one will remember the loser, they will always remember the winner. Time to shine guys! FINISH THE FIGHT!

PS. I don't want to see a damn Crying Jordan on the Sports Illustrated prediction issue. You know it will happen if they lose. PLEASE PREVENT THAT.

2. toycannon

toycannon Member

I was worried about LA getting the home field before the series and this is looking like the difference to who wins tonight.

3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

So apparently Rich Hill walked around the mound between pitches during Yuli at bats to let the crowd boo him more. Seems like the Dodgers are trying to still rally around that. I really hope Yuli has a big game. What he did was stupid but they are acting like he is a certified racist.

4. toycannon

toycannon Member

If we lose tonight and Yu pitch the game of his life, it's all on Yuli.

5. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

The Astros are in the 7th game of a World Series...did I just say that?!

Whatever happens this has been the most amazing run. Win or lose tonight we can stand tall and be proud of our team and look forward to a bright future.

#12265 Smacktle, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    Nook, Stormy1234 and Roc Paint like this.
  6. Salvy

Salvy Member

One of the bests posts I’ve seen, this is exactly how it is. The Astros are just a hurdle in the way of a story and media coverage.

I’ve been wondering thou, what would happen if The Astros switched jerseys. Imagine the love Altuve, Correa and Springer would get. Automatically our team would be held as favorites. These are young humble guys that love to play ball, they have been labeled as bad guys. I hate it, I hate that this will probably never change. That as long as it’s LA,NY or any major popular city the guys that fought and earned their way to the top will no be credited as champions but just as winners of another meaningless NBA Finals or World Series until those few teams win it all again... again and again.... “Dodgers are back to the WS in so many years”, “Yankees are back to the WS after so many years”. From the moment we beat New York, the world thought the wrong team made it to WS... And if the Astros dare win tonight, it will be ”The wrong team won it all”.

JayGoogle likes this.
  7. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Funny enough, Liriano looked pretty good last night considering he hasn’t pitched in forever.

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Man, I cannot focus. I've got a decent case of ADD as it is...but today is making it harder to

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I just can't believe we blew game 6. I just can't believe it. I'm so depressed this morning.

10. TheBrownDude

TheBrownDude Member

Morton ?

Stormy1234 likes this.
  11. Alimoe84

Alimoe84 Member

Y’all remember when Pat Riley stuck with John Starks in game 7 of the 1994 Finals? He was horrible and shot NY out of the game. But at least Starks was good up until then. Reddick hasn’t done SQUAT since the AB off Kimbrel.

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Starks was unbelievable in Game 6 though. Dream doesn't get a fingertip on that final shot and the Knicks could've been celebrating the title that night. And Starks also had several solid performances prior to that in that series. So I understand Riley's hesitation to pull him in favor of Hubert Davis or Greg Anthony.

Reddick has been a virtual no show since Game 1 of the ALCS though. We're talking 2 1/2 weeks of baseball and 13 games. That's a pretty large sample size.

13. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I won't be able to handle Darvish having an excellent game with the Astros losing because you are going to see the racist bullshit everywhere and on everything (not just sports channels is what I mean). Rangers fans are going to be happy too because they DO NOT want the Astros to win at all (my friends in Dallas sending me gifs in our group chat of the Dodgers clapping after the game...I sent back the Nelson Cruz 2011 game 6 gif).

Astros just have to hit! Luckily it's going against a pitcher they have seen play often. Are the baseball gods with us? Are the gematria numbers in favor of the Astros? Where you at @RocketsTruth.

And yeah Reddick needs to sit in favor of Maybin. If a situation comes where the Astros need a baserunner, then you can bring him in then. Maybin has come through each time he's played this postseason. Let's see if he can come through again as a starter this time. I mean damn, we're getting free tacos today because of him!

14. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Reddick will hit a HR tonight.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

yes its on Yuli, none of the other hitters stepped up. oh please

you seem to be stuck on something that has nothing do with actual baseball play. while everyone else thats involved has moved on

16. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

If the Astros lose this, the first thing they should decide to do before the beginning of next season is release or trade Yuli Gurriel. I'm not even kidding. That moron made things ridiculously worse for no ****ing reason. I'm seeing this story pop up now over all the media sites, and it's just sickening how unnecessary it was. Bring MarGo in to play 1st permanently, whatever. Because they're always going to bring this up with him, and it's just completely unnecessary.

17. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

I watched the game at the bar last night. What are CF members saying were the causes of the loss last night? Pinch running miscues? Bad at-bats? Just curious since I wasn't able to read the thread last night. PS, I'm sure this has been noted, but Reddick is the only fielder yet to hit a HR in the WS. I realize Gattis hasn't either, but he's only really played in 3 games at DH.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

its simple. the stros had 2 big chances to get runs in at big moments in the game and they didn't. reddick did the absolute worse thing with 2 on and 0 out and that was strike out. altuve had another chance to drive some points in but wasn't able to. 1 run isn't going to cut.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

you should be bc yuli has been one of the best stros playoff performers

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

If we win they have to call the Astros champions and that's all that matters.