1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gurriel caught being racist to Yu Darvish

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by TheRealist137, Oct 27, 2017.

1. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Nah man, we just need to listen to white people about what's offensive. They're the ultimate authority.

2. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

If I had to guess and if Yuli is sincere in what he said. My guess is he was explaining to whoever he was talking to that he has always done bad against “chinito” pitching (chinito is how my Latin wife and all her family refer to Asians. They also say negritos for African Americans. We all know that word is way too close to the n word word but it is part of their vernacular ). At any rate he may have said something like that and if he was talking to a Caucasian or African American they may have said what, who etc. and given the volume level maybe he made the gesture and says. You know chino. I can see that as being what happened if indeed he is being truthful.

Anyway anything like a suspension would be a blatant tactic to give the dodgers an advantage. If they choose to suspend it should be during the regular season. That or fine him. Despite the current bs going on what he did was nothing. Even Darvish was like he’s human and we all make mistakes. It’s the dumbass media blowing this out of proportion.

3. rockpileindisma

Since it seems you are saying this is a majority opinion of people on clutchfans (it's not) could you point out where someone said anything about being an old white person and they have the only opinion that matters? What a dumb thing to say. Go look at the thread about what McNair said. Way more likes for the posts opposing the "old white man" than ones defending him

4. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I'm being salty, but Clutchfans has a long history of turning a blind eye from racism against Asians starting from the Yao days continuing to Jeremy Lin days. The leadership here never does anything about racism against Asians and it's always been that way. The fact that tinman still gets to post here is proof of that.

iconoclastic and rockpileindisma like this.
  5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Also, pointing out that white people factually have an advantage in this country due to it being founded and run on systematic racism (against people of color) is apparently offensive now.

All minorities should just stfu because we don’t know what white people have had to deal with.

tmactoyao and kevC like this.
  6. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

I don't see how Gurriel avoids a suspension. Kevin Pillar and Matt Joyce were both suspended for two games this year after homophobic slurs. This is just as dumb a move as those.

7. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

8. rockpileindisma

I agree. I remember him making a comment about eating dogs or something a year or so ago and I thought it was the end. Although there is literally a guy on this site who calls white people "demons". @DaGreatest

9. rockpileindisma

So you are saying there's a chance

10. fiersdownbelow

I like how "white people" have become the main focus for derision in this dumbass thread. What a "privilege" it is to be caught in the crossfire over a tiff between a Cuban and a Persian-Japanese for no apparent reason. Keep blaming all the world's trouble on whitey. It's really done wonders so far in solving society's ills and bringing people together.

smitheygerard and The Real Shady like this.
  11. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

Basically sounds like any repercussions would happen at the start of next season.

12. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I'm sorry I must have imagined a bunch of white people telling people how what Yuli did is not offensive and not a big deal and Asians should not be offended.

13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I'm a young white person. My mother has feared all my life that one day I will become an old white person. I am doing everything in my power to prevent that. I fill myself with butter and alcohol and salt every weekend and I ride my 4 wheeler with no helmet. Only time will tell what happens.

smitheygerard and kevC like this.
  14. fiersdownbelow

I guess you were since this is a faceless message board. Good luck with that.

15. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

jessica mendoza i know you are a california girl, i can hardly stomach your commentary on the dodgers when they are playing us. Im sure you would love to see Yuli suspended

16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

mario_v likes this.
  17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Better not suspend Yuli.

Fine him. Sure it was a gesture, but it doesn't make him a racist and he shouldn't be punished as one.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Pen15clubber likes this.
  19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I hope this goes to the D&D.

But most of this “society’s ills” in regards to race-relations (you know, the thing that’s preventing people from “coming together”) were instilled and perpetuated by white people.

Also, it is painfully obvious from reading this thread who salty white people are. Because they’re everywhere trying to defend whoever is the person being offensive or insensitive and in many cases (not this one) racist. Just so they can draw some weird parallel to say “hey look, we don’t just defend white people when they do this crap, we defended that Hispanic guy too!”

Unless of course the one who is behaving inappropriately is black or Muslim, or God forbid, a black Muslim. Then they’ll stay away with a 10 ft pole. Similarly if the “victim” of said remarks or gestures is white. Then the one being insensitive will be demonized.

A good chunk of the posters who came into this thread to immediately go “anti-pc” on everyone are the same doofs who defend Trump’s disgusting rhetoric at every turn in the D&D.

I think it’s wrong when minorities (especially blacks) try to blame everything on whites. It’s similarly wrong for white people to act oblivious to the fact that minorities get worse treatment in this country. That by definition is white privilege. If the fact that minorities point out that it exists offends you, then in the words of bobbythegreat (noted white guy who has dealt with so much racism) “that’s on you.”

tmactoyao likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

5 games next year?!