1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Unofficial 2017 World Series] Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Dodgers

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by swyyyguy, Oct 22, 2017.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

[​IMG] ?

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Alright, they got their one.

Just win today and get back to the friendly confines to dominate.

3. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Kershaw is the best pitcher of our generation, anyone expecting this team to explode offensively (or really manage more than a handful of hits) isn't managing their expectations. The best we could've hoped for was for DK and the pen to keep us in it and that's exactly what happened. Pitching mistakes were few and far between, only difference was the dodgers took advantage of ours.

Having JV go tonight is HUGE. if there's one pitcher who's been better than kershaw this season it's JV. This is as close to a must win game 2 if there's ever been one and there is absolutely no one I'd rather have on the mound.

GO STROS!

BigMaloe and gatsby like this.
  4. the shark

the shark Member

The goal going into L.A. was to win at least one of the two games.

We have the hottest pitcher in baseball going for us, and they have Rich Hill (who a lot of our guys have seen before while he was with Oakland).

MadMax likes this.
  5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Astros offense allowed Kershaw 1.29 ERA - 14 K/9 - 0 BB/9

An offensive explosion wasn't expected, but being cool with those results is defeatist. Astros had an all-time great offense and Kershaw has been far from all-world in the playoffs. The offense hasn't exploded at all on the road this postseason and we're without HFA this series.

Win tonight, please.

#1285 Houstunna, Oct 25, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    Rodman23 likes this.
  6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I don't have any face to face meetings today...just phone conferences. So able to wear grey Astros road jersey with Tullamore Dew shirt under. It's proven to be a winner so far. I'm feeling confident.

BigMaloe, mtbrays, sammy and 3 others like this.
  7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Exactly. Kershaw is the best pitcher of the last 10 years. Having expectations that they were going to put up 8 on him is a bit silly. Dallas pitched very well with the exception of a couple of pitches.

Springer needs to get out of his head. You could see it in that last K that he just doesn't know WTF is going on.

Get the win tonight and come back to the comforts of home.

mtbrays, Sajan and Kendrick Lamar like this.
  8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

A nice 2-hit game would sure go a long way in assuaging people's frustrations with Springer right now. Just calm down, be patient, and stop swinging out of your shoes on every low and away pitch you see.

9. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

I don't like to lose, but I'm not going to overreact after just one game. CK is an ace pitcher and we only lost 3-1. Think positive. Enjoy this journey. Going to the Series rarely happens in a lifetime!

Sajan likes this.
  10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It seems like such an easy fix. He's pulling his head and swinging WAY too hard. There's such a marked difference between when he's going good and not. With most, it's minor tweaks here and there. With Springer, it's a huge difference in what good and bad looks like. Keep your head in and just put bat to ball.

jim1961 likes this.
  11. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

I ain't even mad after last night's game. Kershaw was phenomenal...gotta tip your cap.

Hopefully we can get to Hill and Darvish over the next two. Given the history, I feel good we'll be able to do that.

MadMax likes this.
  12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Helps if you actually watch the pitch too, instead of pulling your head out every time. Kinda hard to hit that little ball if you can't see it. Pro tip. :)

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Springer has stretches like this in the regular season where his form and approach just fall off. The pressure of the postseason can't be helping the issue. When he's going good, he drives those pitches away to the right field bleachers.

Even with his struggles, the mere chance that he could snap out in any game makes him a better option than Maybin, who simply isn't a good hitter period. Still more games to write his postseason narrative, and it isn't as if he's been terrible throughout. He was awesome in the Boston series.

14. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Lame

don grahamleone likes this.
  15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Dodgers were the best team all year and they're on fire right now. We were basically on their level all season but we are cold. When they put up everyone's postseason averages before the game the difference was stark. I know winning this series is doubtful, I just hope we get one at least and don't get embarrassed like in '05.

16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Loser mentality! We got this.

17. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

My fiance surprised me last night with tickets to game 5. So I needed the Dodgers to win one. Now, we will win the next 4 in a row as I watch the Astros win the WS at home! *I swear I'm not dreaming*

18. Buck Turgidson

2 terrible pitches and a 2 out walk. That was the difference. I'm still salty, but optimistic for tonight.

Gonna be a long day.

19. toycannon

toycannon Member

I like our chances with Verlander pitching and our lineup hitting better against Hill tonight!!!

20. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

If we win tonight I feel real good about Darvish at home. We have seen him a lot more than the Dodgers have seen any of our pitchers.