1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[ICYMI] Codman Speaks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DarkHorse, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

The avatar, breh...

Pen15clubber and FTW Rockets FTW like this.
  2. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

He's probably not coming back after Bowel Movement Dumped on this thread. This is why we can't have nice things.

3. clos4life

clos4life Member

This is the only thread worth reading right now. Can't wait to hear from Cod now with Melo
    expanding his list

4. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

We need a new thread called CARMELO ANTHONY where people are only allowed to type CARMELO ANTHONY.

5. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Think that was tried in one of the previous 41234895431 Melo threads.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm with you generally. I don't care one way or another but generally haven't found much/any of the insider riddles useful ever.

I like what we have going on here, which is a completely separate thread for it. I vote doing it that way in the future.

7. tobster

tobster Member

Maybe it's not his job that could be in jeopardy? He possibly has close ties to people in the organization and it's not his place to do anything that could jeopardize them?

This board used to be such a positive place but now it's just sad. This was the place to get away from the pressures of life and just focus on my Rockets. This was the place to go to understand salary cap implications of contracts and why we may do what we do. We are spoiled to get that knowledge here while the masses follow BSPN. You don't like the riddle? Cool. You don't have to participate in discussions about it. You don't have to be in control of what others want to believe or follow. If one poster finds value in it then they do. It's not up to you.

You deal in absolutes. Which is ridiculous in a world where everything changes in a sec. EVERYTHING. We could literally have Morey posting on here about a trade in progress but if it doesn't go through people would flame him as a fake insider.

The point is... you don't need to get your post count up by stating you don't like the way Codman posts. We get it. Most of us don't care how you feel. We find his posts more useful than yours.

8. Dream Shake 81

@Codman
    Any new news on the Rox plan forward?

today likes this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

So looking forward to hearing @Codman's analysis of how this Melo thing broke down. How Melo caved in on his leverage.

Also, give props to @ch44 for calling Kanter/McDermott hours before the trade was announced.

BigMaloe, DonKnock, today and 5 others like this.
  10. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Well damn, OKC steals again. Unexpected. Painful.

Definitely not what the narrative was supposed to be.

A few on the Rox are disappointed.

I sure am.

ANd, yes, I apologize for my Ears not getting this one. If it makes you that upset with me, I understand,

Disappointing.

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Is Chris Paul going to leave cuz of this

12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Damn cod smh

13. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

maybe it was Morey, hard to say, be nice one day to know the ins and outs of it.

DonKnock likes this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I just don't understand why Melo would waive his NTC..

15. today

today Contributing Member

@Codman Any reason why Chris Paul wasn't able to convince Melo to stand strong?

16. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Ya win some and ya lose some. I'm hoping this is one we're glad we lost as the future unfolds.

Raisin likes this.
  17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You mean everyone except Ryan himself.

CP must be fuming right now. Neither PG nor Melo.

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Because he did not want to start another season in NY and was tired of Morey games.

Morey was cocky this summer.

Let's see him talk trash about Warriors now.....how he is not afraid of Warriors and has things up his sleeves.

Morey sold his big plans and dreams to CP and came up empty handed. He didn't come to Houston to play with Ryan friggin Anderson. He had a scrub like him back on Hornets..Smith or something.

J_Hunter_1977 likes this.
  19. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Once again OKC swoops in and takes the player Morey was after.

Never thought I would see Morey get bi**** slapped twice in one offseason.

J_Hunter_1977 likes this.
  20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Paul would have no rights to be frustrated about this since apparently he wanted to do a solid to the Clippers and because of that we basically burned all our assets.