1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Appreciated.

2. PatBev

PatBev Member

Watch how much it's gonna change okc

RasaqBoi likes this.
  3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Kept trying to tell you guys that we were being stupid by not just getting the deal done... but no everyone kept thinking he couldn't open up his list

mario_v likes this.
  4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Then don't make a deal. If you are not happy with any offer and are getting zero value for a Top 50 player, just don't make a deal. All those garbage offers will still be there down the line. I get not wanting Melo to be a locker room cancer, but they did not advance their franchise in any way with this deal. You can't say the Rockets are offering an unacceptable deal and then turn around and take the deal that OKC presented. I'd like one single explanation why buying him out wouldn't have been better than this.

This is why I say it's malpractice. Making an emotional deal to determine a huge moment for the franchise. Embarrassing. I imagine the Knicks were mostly emotional too, and wanted to spite Melo on his first choice more than anything.

5. marky :)

marky :) Member

I was lied to. :eek:

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  6. hakeemthagreat

Honestly, i dont blame Daryl Morey. I'm not giving up Gordon for Melo. Im not giving up Capela for Melo. Ariza? Yes. But Paul & Harden vouched for keeping Ariza. So in that case, its what it is. I also dont think MDA was 100% behind trading for Melo, given their history. Not getting Melo looks bad, but in hindsite we got better defensively & our offense is going to be incredible. Team chemistry is worth more than having 3 supetstars. Morey stayed put & he did the right thing

JayGoogle likes this.
  7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

[​IMG]

This is a joke, i followed this thread full of teenagers posting stupid memes the whole summer to get cuckholded by Presti again. OKC is better than the Rockets. Morey should be working the phones to find someone to dump Ryno too because he was embarrassed all summer as teams vowed not to take his terrible contract. The bad thing is RA hasn't reacted well to adversity as a Rocket so far. Every time he played bad, it got worse. We shouldn't have thrown in a first rounder for CP3 and it bit us in the ass. Spin it however you want. This is bad and we should all feel bad.

Little Bit likes this.
  8. mario_v

mario_v Member

I tried to warn people since June, the longer this goes on, the bigger chance that melo changes his mind.

J Sizzle and K-Low_4_Prez like this.
  9. Eric00009

Eric00009 Member

Time to end this thread and move on from this bs

10. Eric00009

Eric00009 Member

Melo got weak minded and changed his mind so it's over move on

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Exactly but everyone including Morey got all big headed and Melo probably got just as mad at Morey for not upping the offer as he did at the Knicks for not trading him

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

can we frame this thread and hang it on the wall?

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  13. hakeemthagreat

On PAPER. But WB is not the type to sacrifice stats for wins. I dont think you're factoring how much better our system is. We will have a better record than OKC this year

14. Raisin

Raisin Member

You know Shark, I feel the same way and I'm still in shock from the news and I keep hoping that I'll read that Melo either decided not to waive his NTC or Morey swoops in with more assets..

15. Nook

Nook Member

Okie dokie. Westbrook didn't really move the ball when he had Durant, he isn't suddenly going to with Anthony. Neither Anthony or George play a fast pass or move the ball well.

OKC is better, but that is almost all because of George.

I will take Paul and Tucker over George and Anthony.

Anthony is 33 and not especially efficient or aging well.

I would have liked to have had Anthony but he really isn't a big difference maker at this point.

BigMaloe and malakas like this.
  16. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Its okay gentleman, we experienced the thread of the offseason and reached 500

17. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

Sucks that we lost out on Melo but, right now I'm just looking at some teams that would take Anderson, filler, and draft picks. Would love to explore a deal where we get Vucevic and Agustin or Payton.

Rox11 likes this.
  18. PatBev

PatBev Member

Well sir I disagree

CP3 is 33 and is injury prone and isn't aging well because of it

CP3/Tucker < Melo/PG13

Last time Westbrook had 2 all stars he went to the finals

I don't blame superstars for having low efficiency if they are the only star on the team and have to do all the work

1. Warriors
    2. Okc
    3&4. Rockets/Spurs toss up

19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yeah. *** Melo and *** OKC.

Roll with what we got.

Sadly but realistically our only shot at a ship is if we have great health and surprising elevated play from role players and some key injuries on Warriors/ thunder/ Spurs/ cavs or celts.

We know that all that ain't happening

20. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Rais,
    As someone said in another thread, sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make. Morey's analytics probably drove what he was willing to give up and he didn't apparently budge from that. OKC is gambling that they can retain all of those guys next year, it's going to be interesting to see how PG and Melo impact Westbrook's game.

Raisin likes this.