1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Anthony has expanded his trade list

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Sep 22, 2017.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

As I said lol, the Knicks are trying to get key players for Melo and the only offers they get are teams trying to dump their bad contracts on them.

J.R. likes this.
  2. mockster

mockster Member

They would send it too ny

3. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I tend to give San Antonio the egde there because Pop >>>> Dantoni in the playoffs.

4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

But that's factoring in waiving his trade kicker.

So it's 27.5m in salary if he exercised his trade kicker and only 21.1m if he waived his trade kicker.

Thanks @zeeshan2

zeeshan2 likes this.
  5. n8dagr8

n8dagr8 Member

6. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

The game changes with OKC, if he goes to the Blazer or Cavs that's fine, but if he goes to OKC then they're a real threat. So this is no longer just an offensive move, we now have to make this move for defensive purposes.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He can't deliver us Carmelo, and you want him to get a better star? Hinkie's record only looked decent/good because of the high picks in Philly.

8. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Morey needs to wait. No need to rush. Let's see how the team gels. Is adding Melo and subtracting Ryno+Gordon or Capela gonna beat the Warriors? Nope. There's more time to trade for the right player(s). Every angle we're discussing here Morey already has on PowerPoint. Trust the process.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we have no other assets to send out in a trade for a decent player at this point. the only reason we had any chance with melo is because he's bestie's with CP3 and he has a NTC

10. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

OKC had two young players Indy wanted, one being a local kid. We didn't have anyone to trade for George that's better than Oladipo, or the desire to risk everything on a guy who will likely leave in a year. I don't see how Morey "let" OKC have him.

If OKC gets Melo for a better player on a shorter contract, then I don't see how Morey is a failure for that either. It doesn't make sense to trade more than Anderson. Why is this lost on people? Adding more doesn't make us better.

11. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

So what do you propose?

12. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Damn OKC would be sick with WB, PG and Melo. Probably convince PG to resign as well.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

One thing to remember about OKC is it is a one year deal.

Melo improves our ceiling, still makes it unlikely to beat the Warriors.

I don't see OKC getting past the warriors, all 3 guys can split, all it takes is one of George or Westbrook to split for Melo to then split. They are risking it all if they trade for Melo and really they should. This next season could be the last season that OKC is relevant in a while.

HakeemOnlyFan and samtaylor like this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Maybe, depends. Would the Warriors still spank them? If you are Paul George why stay in OKC to get spanked by the Warriors annually when you can go to L.A, your hometown, and get spanked there?

At least the Lakers have young players that you can convince yourself that they are building something special...OKC...not so much I think.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

regarding melo, if morey is refusing to part w/ our 2020 pick and loses melo to OKC due to this, that is 100% on him. also on him is signing anderson to that ridiculous contract that's holding this organization back in the first place.

regarding paul george, i still think we could have beaten that package but he just didn't want to take the risk of george bolting to LA after a year anyways. either way, i'll just agree with your stance here

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Well, once Mr. All-Time-Sellout went to Golden State, that meant Lebron needs another Western Conference All-Star caliber player on his team.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i propose we trade ariza for a pick and add it to our package. otherwise, we are basically stuck with anderson's contract another 2-3yrs with no tangible way to improve and also risk cpt bolting next summer

bleedroxred79 likes this.
  18. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

dude you are on a roll today. lol

19. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

If that's enough to make it work koo. I know Ariza is boys with CP3 and Harden. If that hurdle can be jumped than you pull the trigger. I'm sure Morey knows now to get off his ass.

20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

We need our 2020 1st. We already gave up a pick for CP3 and we will need to add cheap cost controlled talent since we will be way over the cap if he resigns. As far as Andersons contract, it was necessary to help us go from a bottom feeder playoff team to an attractive contending team again. No Anderson = no top seed last year = no CP3.

As far as George, we didn't have anyone to top Oladipo. We spent all last season noting how OKC had talent and how Oladipo was considered better than most on our team prior to Russ dominating the ball. We can't flip the script now.