1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Big fan of both

Zhou has a lot of potential but I don't see him cracking minutes this year.

Black on the other hand was solid he slipped my mind he's a Kansas Jayhawk so he's my guy. I think he'll do well in the trez role but he'll be better defensively and rebouding and also more consistent but I don't see the occasional scoring outbursts that trez provided.

2. hakeemthagreat

Seems these media guys are STILL hoping Melo goes to Portland. No matter how much times Melo declines to waive his NTC, it seems they'll still keep bringing Portland into this smh

Tfor3, BigMaloe, HTX Ninja and 3 others like this.
  3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

First of all Dolan has been the owner for many years he's not new.

Also Ryno is not signed to a 5 year deal it was only 4. He's got 3 years left at 60m over the entirety.

I'm not high or low on Ryno he's not worth 20m a year but he's also not a useless scrub the guy would get 20+ minutes a night on every team in the league.

He has a known quality which is shooting and teams always need shooting especially from a 6'10 power foward.

Eventually some team will cave and take Ryno on imo.

4. ricky-retardo

ricky-retardo Contributing Member

It was a 4 year deal and the Knicks have the same owner as before. They have a new GM and President. Melo causing problems does nothing but help the Rockets chances.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  5. MeloMan15

MeloMan15 Member

My question for her is about Phil and "last management" thing she dropped a couple times. Wasn't Mills the GM at the time and apart of the decisions on Melo's contract? I know Mills has been around forever there and has been apart of the FO. So it wasn't all on past management some of the current management had thier hands in Melos contract.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this chick got 10lbs of fat droopin off of each arm.....wear some damn sleeves for the camera!

lionaire and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  7. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Uuuhhhhhh OK??

Pen15clubber and Killatron 2000 like this.
  8. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i think OKC is a better place for im. idk of the knicks would take on kanter but OKC is easily a better place to win with the size they have on the wings. dame and CJ are always going to be too small to provide any resistance on defense.

9. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Best post on clutchfans

9.87/10

Plowman likes this.
  10. illwil29

illwil29 Member

It's only one guy saying that. By the way Rachel Nichols is fine.

11. marky :)

marky :) Member

They're waiting for this thread to reach 600 pages. If we don't make it to 600 pages by Monday, we have failed as a community and have no one to blame but ourselves.

Tfor3 and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  12. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

who is waiting?sauce?

13. rockets13champs

We gave Ryno a 4 year deal. That guy lost credibility

DonKnock and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  14. icewill36

icewill36 Member

you know what i meant. also it doesnt matter 5 or 4, thats still too long and too much money for him. 3 years left is too many to move him and they shouldve seen ahead he might be a piece that had to be moved for a bigger star in the future.

20 mins a night isnt worth 20 mil a year. if you are the knicks specifially and trying to rebuild you don't take on that contract when you could simply keep melo ONE year and he opts out. yes it would be a circus but you are free after a year instead of being saddled with that contract for at least two years before it becomes expiring and easier to move.

i

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

well Houston is the best place for him, and thanks to his NTC it's H-Town or bust

16. hakeemthagreat

Then you haven't been paying attention. There was a time if you googled "Carmelo Anthony to Houston Rockets", nothing but "Could Carmelo possibly be considering Portland" articles would pop up. This is after he said his only destination was Houston

17. Lunareste

Lunareste Member

A day may come when the courage of Clutchfans fails, when we forsake our post count and break all bonds of fellowship...

But it is not this day

18. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Lol very much so.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  19. marky :)

marky :) Member

Can't reveal my source but all i can say is it rhymes with ppallholic/moematpc

20. rockets13champs

DonKnock and J_Hunter_1977 like this.