1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In-N-Out reportedly opening in HOU in 2017

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by awc713, Jan 31, 2017.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

In-N-Out's fries are garbage. Taste like cardboard.

Burgers are nice, but overrated imo.

I'll stick to the Texas GOAT Whataburger.

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Whataburger crushes In n Out in per store sales. Therefore, confirmed a better restaurant.

chievous minniefield likes this.
  3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's all good really. I like Shake Shake, 5 Guys, Whataburger, and In n out all the same. They are good fast food hamburgers.

HR Dept, REEKO_HTOWN and ShutURBiG! like this.
  4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

It's stupid to compare the default standard Whataburger to an In-N-Out burger. What makes Whataburger so good is the variety. Plus, any of the specialty burgers are way better.

marks0223 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I went to in and out in Austin this weekend, I had forgotten how shitty those burgers are. The patties are the same as McDonald's. Why do people compare these whatburger to in and out? It's no contest.

chievous minniefield likes this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's regional biases. White Castle fans and In & Out fans are quick converts when they actually eat what Whataburger has to offer.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Not so fast.

White Castle stands alone because it's nothing like the others. Some (like me) love it; some hate it. It was my burger of choice growing up in the midwest.

Upon moving to Houston, I found Whataburger to be very good. I heard so many people from SoCal brag about In-N-Out it made me sick. Then I had it while in LA. The guy who took me basically admitted his pumping up In-N-Out as a great hamburger was a complete hoax. I was not amused.

Whataburger >>> In-N-Out.
    White Castle stands in a class by itself. IMO, if one opened up in Houston there would be lines out the door 16 hours a day.

8. likestohypeguy

Not anymore, for me. The one specialty burger that did it for me was the A1 thick & hearty. That was pretty amazing, otherwise would just get a straight ahead whataburger with all the veggies, the rest of them are too much of too much for my taste. Anyway the sweet & spicy they're trying to replace the a1 T&H with, it isn't even close.

I think it's because, Now that whataburger is getting more & more into grocery retail, they don't want partnerships with other sauce companies. I see bottles of whataburger mustard and ketchups, tubes of whataburger breakfast sausage, whataburger "fries" (shoestring potatoes) in the chip isle. Take a hike A1, WE make the sauce around here! I see DQ has a deal with A1 now. Haven't tried it.

9. Roscoe Arbuckle

I DEMAND ALL IN N OUT BURGERS DELIVERED TO ME!

[​IMG]

10. ptR91

ptR91 Member

I miss the chop house cheddar burger. My favorite burger there. I also miss whataburger since i dont live near one anymore... whataburger hands down better than in-n-out

Bäumer likes this.
  11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

My favorite Whataburger of all time was the Chop House Cheddar Burger, wish they'd bring that one back.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This. I like In-N-Out....I'm glad they're expanding to Houston. But they don't even begin to offer all the variety that Whataburger does. You aren't getting bacon...or jalapenos...on a burger from In-N-Out. It's not on the menu. To me, they're not all that comparable at all. What In-N-Out does, it does very well. I prefer Whataburger because I love grilled jalapenos on my burger.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

In and out is good, but it is not ALL that.

DD

14. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In n Out burgers are good, but, can confirm, fries are shitty.
    Whataburger is outstanding all around.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

All this hate for in and out like ya'lls moms all work at Whataburger or something.

The only thing I eat from Whataburger are the chicken strips and fries. I love me an double double animal style and there are still lines outside of the door to get them at the nearest I&O after what? 3 years? I guess it must be because of hype.

el gnomo and I am a Donut like this.
  16. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

In-N-Out gets an edge because of it's consistency. 95% of the time I stop at one the burger is hot and fresh and exactly what it is supposed to be in all it's gooey cheese glory. I think they feed their employees adderall. Watching them work is nothing like watching workers at other fast food joints.

I like Whatabuger equal or better when it's perfect, but the success rate is only about 65-70%. Sonic can be good, but much lower rate about 35%. A fast food patty hat has been sitting more than a few minutes is a nasty, nasty thing. Then take McDonalds. consistency is almost as high as In-Out, but who cares, because it's really not very good even at it's best.

17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

The chicken fajita tacos at whataburger are underrated. I probably lead the world in whataburger tacos purchased.

MadMax likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

Whataburger is so much better....

Fulgore and chievous minniefield like this.
  19. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

By my observation, In-n-Out coming to Texas has been the best thing that ever happened to Whataburger.

Whataburger's sales and brand image have never been better.

Texans dig in, in more ways than one.

Nook and Buck Turgidson like this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

The Monterrey Melt at WBurger is where it's at. You don't need the double, just get a single or a chicken (grilled/fried) on it.

Variety is the spice of life. Somebody said that, dunno who, but that guy was smrt.

Nook likes this.