1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2017] Hurricane Season

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cohete Rojo, Apr 17, 2017.

1. opticon

opticon Member

Any one know how flooded 14220 park row is? There is there is an apartment complex called 14220 at Park Row at that address, was wondering if any one knew how bad the flooding was over there.

The flood authority seem to only be listing subdivisions and not apartment complexes that are effected by the reservoir.

I know some one who was planning to move there and wanted to know for sure before I tell them to 100% stay away.

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

3. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

How many folks do y'all think lost their homes, or had to be removed?

4. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

So I live a short walk from the Rummel Creek (at Brittmoore) creek/gauge, and it appears to be rising a tenth of a foot every hour now. Looks like we have 27 hours until it tops the banks and starts flooding the neighborhood from the runoff from Addicks/Barker. Oh well, I'm very blessed......I can't complain when so many have it so much worse. Crazy times.

Fullcourt likes this.
  5. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

Resources need to shift to Beaumont area asap. Rainfall numbers are surpassing Houston at this rate. This is a bad situation.

[​IMG]

6. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

No Worries likes this.
  7. miamirocketman

The situation is getting really dire in port arthur. I am seeing people on twitter saying their apt on the 2nd floor on highway 73 is getting water, that is just insanity! This is the most unreal storm I've ever seen in all my life, the widespread destruction and damage is something we hopefully never see again in our lives. God bless all those people in port arthur tonight bc there seems to be nobody there to help them. This is just heartbreaking.

8. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

He started off saying he'd match the first $100K, with a goal of $200K total (his $100k+others $100K). Unless he's updated what he's matching, I believe that's where his own personal donation is still at.

However, that's not important IMO, since it's the awareness he's bringing that has caused donations to skyrocket past what he initially expected.

Reeko, DonKnock and macho GRANDE like this.
  9. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Joel olsteen has opened doors to Lakewood church guys.

Damage control

DonKnock likes this.
  10. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

It has been horrible seeing the footage of a place which I have become so fond of and knowing how many are really struggling.

Where is the best place for us international people to make donations towards those in need. Is the JJ Watt one the best at this stage?

11. faraza84

faraza84 Member

I'm close by just above I-10 near Sherwood and we don't have power. How about yourself? We had no flooding but I have some leaking ceilings and moisture in some walls. Still grateful for that.

12. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Oh. I don't believe in these donations. I think what happens is they spend some of it and keep most of it. In this case, you will see $500-$800,000 being spent on Houston a lot in the beginning then slowly over time until people forget.

So what they do is they drop $500,000 and people are like wow and they say they're going to continue doing it overtime to those who need it and they drop another 300,000 slowly and people forget and they keep the rest.

Money corrupts. I read about many organizations and they just keep most of the donations. Maybe Houston will be different, but do not donate to big ones like red cross.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Just saw this pic of Interstate 10 at Jefferson/Chambers line on reddit, absurd.

[​IMG]

14. likestohypeguy

Harvey horror: Shivering tot found clinging to drowned mom

Aug 30, 2017 Updated 8 min ago

• BEAUMONT, Texas (AP) — Authorities found a shivering toddler clinging to the body of her drowned mother in a rain-swollen canal in Southeast Texas after the woman tried to carry her child to safety from Harvey's floods.

http://thefacts.com/ap_news/texas/article_02dd3576-4033-5fab-a28b-6d669a8971f1.html

wtf how did the toddler even survive

Houstunna likes this.
  15. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

Central market will open today 9am-3pm

Torn n Frayed and Houstunna like this.
  16. VanityHalfBlack

***, got so many online ordering being delayed and it's at the warehouse of UPS now! I pray it's not damaged or anything but what can you do?

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Terrible story, but amazing that the 18 mo/old survived and is in stable condition.

DonKnock and Yung-T like this.
  18. likestohypeguy

Damn water (with snakes!) deep inside a porter arthur shelter. All that setup with cots etc. and everyone is stacked up sitting in the bleachers.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

That's heart-breaking.

20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

F*** that line.

Things will be plenty normal by the weekend.