1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyrie Irving wants out

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockets13champs, Jul 21, 2017.

1. HTR99

HTR99 Member

It seems like they have it all but it's never enough. Irving thinks the team is fitted for LeBron but what kind of team does he envision that will actually keep him happy - Harden's Rockets, Westbrook's Thunder? Both franchises realized one star won't get it done and got another but Irving is prepared to lead a team without playing any defense by leaving the Cavs? He has phenomenal ball skills but we've seen how his teams fare when he's top dog and even when LeBron rests.

francis 4 prez likes this.
  2. War Machine

War Machine Member

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Simmons loves to play with the trade machine

red5rocket likes this.
  5. Fantasma Negro

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. faraza84

faraza84 Member

If the cavs can trade for some solid 2 guard and get rid of some crap contracts that would be a win. I would engage Denver for mudiay harris or one of their other wings and faried and try to dump jr and Thompson or frye. They need to reload if lebron is leaving in a year.

8. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

New Orleans should jump all over this. Brow & Boogie is not working. Offer Boogie straight up for Kyrie. GM LeBron would approve, it helps with the matchup against Warriors to punish Draymond.

Sure, the Pelicans just gave Holiday a monster contract, but he's not a scoring threat. They need a scoring guard and there is none better and with more upside right now than Irving -- the best finisher at the rim in the NBA. Now, for those who will point out his lack of playmaking and poor defense, let's not forget Westbrook is still the MVP of this league. It's a guard dominant game these days.

This is the only way New Orleans can put a real rising star around Davis and keep him interested in remaining there in the long run.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

My original post said a 3 way deal between Cavs, Rox and Knicks won't happen, you butt in your big fat nose in my post and now you say multiple teams will go in? Really? What "multiple team" will give up high draft picks and not get Melo or Irving/Love? Instead of keep saying I'm wrong why don't you actually put an effort and come up with a reasonable trade scenarios in which other teams give up their prize high draft picks/expiring contracts but somehow the Knicks get Love/Irving however the Rockets get Melo?

I'm not being narrow minded about it, i'm just being realistic. You keep saying I'm being narrow minded ok where are these teams you're talking about? Just because Cavs want to bring down their luxury tax they will drop Love/Irving? LMAO better stop smoking whatever it is you are hitting up, it's not good for you. You do realize pot has been scientifically proven to lower IQ, right?

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Is this the reason why Griffin was fired? He wasn't willing to trade Kyrie without a commitment from LeBron to stay?

Man, the LeBron camp is full of snakes with all these reports coming about leaks and personal vendettas.

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I don't hate or love any of those teams, so I gave it a stab. I would pull the trigger if I'm any team in this 4 team scenario. They all look better on paper after pulling it. Props to Simmons for coming straight out with it and calling it fake right away.

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

Lebron and Kyrie should just come out with some statement instead of letting the media make up ****, especially Lebron since he's pretty much the GM!

14. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

Kyrie is a better player, but Bledsoe would mesh with lebron better. A pg that can actually defend would be nice.

red5rocket likes this.
  16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Breaking: 25 teams want Kylie

All you need to know is that lebron is holding the franchise hostage, obviously he won't tell them he's leaving or staying because lebron plays this game where he doesn't want the team he's with to get comfortable and stop recruiting players.

Jimmy deal didn't happen, Pg, Billups, Kyrie not staying because they know the boat is going to sink.
    The talk about if Kyrie wants his own team and he should stay and it will be his when lebron leaves is silly because players are okay struggling the first 7 seasons of their careers. Kyrie is entering his prime and knows when lebron leaves no free agents will come, similar to lebrons situation in 08-09. All this points to lb leaving.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

While interviewing with Cavs, Chauncey Billups says he knew Kyrie Irving was unhappy

Chauncey Billups knew Kyrie Irving was unhappy when he was interviewing for the Cleveland Cavaliers' president job last month.

Billups also said his concern over the amount of assets in the franchise if LeBron James left in free agency next year contributed to his decision to pass on the job.

"(Irving's trade request) didn't surprise me, I knew as (the Cavs) were doing their due diligence on me I was doing the same thing on them," Billups said in an interview on the Vic Lombardi Show on Altitude Sports 950 AM in Denver on Tuesday. "I knew so much about the situation that the rest of the world doesn't know. But it's unfortunate man because he's a special talent. So much of what he's been able to accomplish on and off the floor has been as the beneficiary of LeBron James. That would be alarming to me if I was a team looking to get him."

Billups said he's surprised Irving would want a trade away from James.

"You're getting everything you want," Billups said. "You're getting all the shots you want, you're playing for a great coach, when the game is on the line they're coming to you, you're playing on national TV every week. To me, I don't get it. Everybody has their own desires. Maybe he wants to be Russell Westbrook and go try to win the MVP and get all the shots. That's the only thing sense I can make of it and to me that doesn't make sense."

Billups didn't speak with James until after he decided to turn down the job and James' plans for 2018 when he can become a free agent didn't directly factor into the decision.

"The whole LeBron leaving the next year, to be honest that didn't bother me that much," Billups said. "Here's why: when you have an opportunity to really put something together and put your imprint on it -- rebuilding is a beautiful thing if the (owner) is going to have the patience with you. What bothered me more than if LeBron left or not was I didn't think they had great assets if you have to do a rebuild. It was more that than Bron. Bron and I have always had an amazing relationship."

Billups said the two-week process interviewing with Cavs over Dan Gilbert was positive. He withdraw from consideration for the job on July 3. Reportedly, Gilbert offered him an initial contract of less than $2 million per season for the president of basketball operations role.

"It was a great process. That team is a great team, a lot of expectations, lot of pressure with that team. But I didn't mind that, that's been a my entire career: a lot of stress and a lot of pressure," Billups said. "At the end, in my spirit, it just didn't quite feel like it was the right time at the end. It was one of those gut things. I felt good about it. I talked to Dan about it afterwards and I thanked him for giving me such a good opportunity and we will remain friends.

"I don't need the job, I love my life. This ESPN thing has been fun and I'll just wait until it feels right."​

BigMaloe and Vivi like this.
  20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member