1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Carmelo Anthony to sign with Rockets if buyout reached

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RKREBORN, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lmao FTW i'm happy to know that you like me but i don't think you would like what's between my legs :D

houstonstime likes this.
  2. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

3. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

4. Nook

Nook Member

WTF happened?

Colin Cowherd is tan as hell and Jalen needs some sleep.

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Reported

[​IMG]

6. BoneYardDog

BoneYardDog Contributing Member

1. Luc Mbah a Moute is supposed to be the obligatory novelty inside the Los Angeles Clippers' starting lineup. They can't deploy stars at every position. They need a fifth body, preferably with a defensive conscience. So, they have him.

But Mbah a Moute has become so much more.

His defense isn't a revelation. He grinds to no end and switches more than any of the Clippers' other wings. He doesn't get cooked in one-on-one situations, holds his own when defending on the block and erases the more-than-occasional pick-and-roll. This is nothing new.

It's his offensive clout that's foreign. The Clippers have empowered him to be more active, and he's pounced at the opportunity.

Mbah a Moute is shooting nearly 40 percent on almost twice as many three-point attempts as his career average. He's cycling through double the number of drives as well, on which he's shooting 45.6 percent—noticeably higher than the 39.1 percent success rate he posted last season.

"He puts so much energy and effort in defensively," Blake Griffin said, per the Los Angeles Times' Jesse Dougherty. "That's tough to do. It's not an easy thing to play both ends as hard as he does. So just giving him the confidence to shoot, drive, he's been great for us. Just adding another threat."

Teams are less inclined to overpay the fifth (or, really, seventh) options from star-packed squads—especially when, like Mbah a Moute, they're on the wrong side of 30. But if he maintains his offensive efficiency while making life hell on Gordon Hayward in the first round of the playoffs, the Clippers will have an expensive, likely unaffordable exception on their hands.

Projected Annual Salary Ceiling: $9-11 million

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

all this doesn't really mean much. essentially a copy and paste from what sounds like an opinion projection article. nobody was going to give him that much $.

8. Bo6

Bo6 Member

knicks buying out melo would be such a knicks move.

i mean ryan andersons contract is bad... now. but a year later (provided the cap actually goes UP) after inflating his stats on a knicks chuck squad could be nice. he isn't old.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  9. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Speaking of posters we miss...

Anyone know anything about @aelliott ?

I really enjoyed aelliot's posts. Haven't seen him/her online in a really long time. Hope all is well.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

@aelliot's profile says he was seen 6 days ago. so...

AroundTheWorld and Pen15clubber like this.
  11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He doesn't watch hoops anymore, strictly an NFL douche now.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

He left when his boy McFail got the boot.

13. aroundtheblock2

I think at this point the Knicks are more likely to buy him out than take on the contracts currently being offered up in any trade.

bilaal14 likes this.
  14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Perhaps yes, but I don't think Melo wants a buyout. I feel his first choice if he is bought out will be Cleveland, with Houston as his second choice.

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Not according to Woj yesterday.

He wants to come to Houston over Cleveland.

Stormy1234 and aroundtheblock2 like this.
  16. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

That is even better. Rockets get to put Ryan on the bench and just add Melo on the cheap... it would be an even better option. Anderson becomes more palatable next year when only 2 years and $40 million left.

aroundtheblock2 likes this.
  17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I didn't read that. I hope Woj is right.

18. aroundtheblock2

I'm sure they could have a sit-down with him about it. After the Rockets got CP3, the initial rumblings were that Melo wanted a buy out, but then the Knicks decided they wanted to dangle him as trade bait instead...and knowing the idiots that run that organization they probably didn't think about his NTC tying them up so severely.

19. aroundtheblock2

Yep, it would be the most ideal option. You have one of the best back-up PF in the league. The only depth they'd need after that is maybe another guard. Basically they'd have damn near the same team they had this past year except add Melo.

bilaal14 likes this.
  20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Definitely could see his stance on who is priority in terms of trade destinations changing.

The Rockets may be changing owners but at least they have a competent front office and GM leading the way.

The Cavs have no front office leader and have muddied the possibilities and at the same time created concern and frustration with their front office's current dynamic's from their superstar player. If things don't improve who knows what LeBron does next season.

If I were him I'd definitely make us a priority over Cleveland atm.