1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. bratna8

bratna8 Member

[​IMG]

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Exactly right.

Nobody that's worth a 7 figure salary has used a word like imminent. WOJ has specifically said the opposite.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

If a reporter would use the word ineluctable I'd probably instaclimax. It's possible trust me.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  4. justtxyank

If a reporter would use the word "official" I think I'd get 8 hours of sleep.

HakeemOnlyFan and Pen15clubber like this.
  5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Yeah I'm sure they are trying to unload Asik... we might have to add a fifth team to take on that POS contract

Daddy Long Legs and justtxyank like this.
  6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Is Potato Head on min wage?

Dude said it wa imminent one week ago

7. FTW Rockets FTW

Ryan Anderson contract will be very easy to move. Maury had the cap space and had to use it on someone. His contract is not the problem.

- Local village idiot larsv8

8. justtxyank

Let's find a way to make a deal that includes every team in the NBA except the Cavs and Warriors.

LOL they all are dumping a salary without realizing that one is going back. At the end of the day the Jazz get screwed. And Morey gets a first round pick.

don grahamleone likes this.
  9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    This absolutely proves that Hollinger's Analysis is absolute garbage.

10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha. This is such bullcrap. Literally nothing has actually happened since the Chris Paul trade regarding Melo. Once we got CP3, Morey began trying to acquire Melo. Obviously with the contracts and such, it wasn't going to be a two team trade, so all that's really been happening is trying to figure out if they can make it work with other teams.
    We're not even sure the trade has actually gained steam. Only thing for sure is that the buzz has certainly gained steam

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

well, geez, that's GOTTA be it. it's all clear to me now. Morey you magnificent b*stard

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Rockets and Knicks have done a great job of leaking info to start getting other teams attention.

New report that the Pelicans want in the trade. Well done Morey.

Daddy Long Legs and Rockets FTW like this.
  13. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Hmm just read HOOPSRUMOR on this move and seems if anything, PotatoHead could be vindicated. It mentioned a 3-team deal for Anthony that was close, but fell apart over the weekend, forcing both sides to start over (and now do this 4th team thing).

I can imagine everyone getting to the 3 yd line on Sunday, then something someone would not budge on and bam, they're back to square one. Saying it was imminent then is pretty fair.

Now 2 yd line with NOP involved? :p

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Knicks gave Tim Hardaway Jr. 71 mil and Ron Baker 9 mil after averaging 4 points on 38% shooting, but this Melo trade is where they draw the line when it comes to contracts...

15. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Except that time when woj was overheard saying that a deal was likely to be completed a couple nights ago. Maybe not quite as severe as imminent, but not too far off. He later tweeted the opposite, like you said. So who knows.

16. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I don't remember a reporter saying imminent. Only fans.

17. don grahamleone

The Rockets should give away cans of Mellow Yellow at the Chris Paul announcement.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

NOP are decent candidates but that means they need to move Cousins mainly. WHich means we need to add another team or two

SO this could possibly end up a 6 or 7 team deal with the goal of each team being not to have Ryan Anderson's contract at the start of next season...

ajc123 and jayfree like this.
  19. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

It's also been stated that four-team deals are highly combustible. The last one made was in the deal that brought Dwight Howard to the Lakers. So many moving parts that everything has to work out, then get approved.

I think it goes through tmrw afternoon. It has too. CP3/Morey press conference will take time away from getting deal done and that's a headache for PR in a sense. So many questions about Melo when it's a CP3 press conference... Something to think about.

20. don grahamleone

I'm not sure, but I think the Knicks have to be involved in order for it's to happening.