1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 5/9/2017 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 8, 2017.

1. Zergling

Zergling Member

Harden was clearly out of gas. This is what happens when your coach decides to go with a 7 man rotation. You have ZERO chance to run a functional offense in overtime.

Forget OT, this game should've been won in regulation but going 16-48 from three (Gordon and Williams 1-12 combined) is what killed us. This loss is on those two more than anyone else. Gordon's clumsiness on a behind the back dribble killed the last possession too.

francis 4 prez, BigTex and D-rock like this.
  2. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Yes

francis 4 prez likes this.
  3. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

Rockets late game is the worst! Showed a lot in the season and even in the first round. Charles is right, the rockets play really different during end game

4. WestendMassive

This really hurts but the Rockets need to learn from it.

It isn't over yet. The Spurs aren't better than us. We just need to play our game for all 48.

Enough with the walking of the ball and the milking of the clock. It never works because it allows the best d in the world to get set.

Referees, a fairly officiated game 6 isn't too much to ask is it? That was absolute horse **** what you just did.

francis 4 prez and D-rock like this.
  5. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I'm not sure how much more of this I can take, so in away, if we go out on Thursday, at least i don't have to endure another seires of this. This series also reminded me of how annoying the stupid spurs are but against warriors, it'll be 3 times worse.

6. Bo6

Bo6 Member

how? the spurs actually play more than 7 men...

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Never go full r****d

Bo6 and D-rock like this.
  8. carib

carib Member

D'Antoni, should not have let the Rockets slow down the pace in the 4th and OT, playing with pace favors the Rockets. We keep running down the clock and there is not enough time to move the ball around to get a good shot.

9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Maybe we could just put your big ass out there to gobble up some rebounds

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Harden needs to work on conditioning, turnovers, and 3pt shooting.

Still I felt we should have won this

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

**** man. Tough loss, really tough loss to swallow. I'm upset at the team as a whole. It's like everybody thought McFail was back on the bench. Thankfully my dog was chilling with me the whole time keeping me calm. On to the next game.

12. threepointshot3

After years of watching scrubs like lin, Garcia and other garbage come off the bench now we have a loaded squad to only go out like this? this one stin gs.

13. Mr. Space City

harden sure loves to completely embarrass himself once he starts getting too much praise.

14. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My gawd how many times did James take that step back 3 on the second half and OT ! It was off after the first half but he kept on taking it

15. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

Westbrick would at least get the shot off, he would never hold the ball for 22 seconds , so ****kng careless with the ball, and he lost the ball he yelled at Clint, ****kng divas, two offensive foul on Simon, I don't give **** if Simon flopped or wat.

16. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

have been saying this thing forever, he has already got this habit and coaches doesn't even care, totally agree, end of game and over time turnover is a killer because everybody is tired, if you gave up easy points you are never going to win, this game proves harden is still one level below all the super stars like lebron and co

17. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Their star player isn't mentally strong enough for playoffs. Harden just gets tired, frustrated, and crumbles.

18. Fantasma Negro

**** that ****, you guys can't tell me Harden's not point shaving. He did everything he could to ensure a loss. Gordon was wide open the whole ****ing quarter

19. Asar9

Asar9 Member

Rockets in 7...

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Whatever...beating the Spurs without Parker AND Kawhi would be embarassing, especially after this loss...