1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would it take to bring DeMarcus Cousins to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 4, 2015.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Probably a plane or a car.

cml750, Tha_Dude, amaru and 2 others like this.
  2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Maybe I'm wrong but I truely believe that Cousins would run pick and roll with harden all game.

I personally don't think he would have a problem with it especially getting to run it with harden who he highly respects and most of all winning.

They could form the deadliest pick and roll the NBA has even seen tbh.

When I say he's like nene I mean in the sense that he can set a pick and is agile, good enough footwork and hands to split the defense and catch and finish in the paint.

And you guys are right he's not like Nene he's way better than Nene.

Cousins is a big man that harden can truely dominate with and it would be something that no other team could replicate, not even golden state.

Now is it good enough to beat golden state? I don't no.

But imo there is not a single team that has the right recipe to truely beat golden state in a series without getting lucky

Lebron is maybe the 2nd best player in the history of the game and lets be honest, he got lucky last year and
    That was without KD.

When you have a player as great as harden you gotta take chances on high end talent like a Cousins and hope it works.

Harden while young won't be this good forever.

I'm desperate to see harden play with another legit superstar. He's the only guy in the league that's held to that standard of curry Lebron KD Leonard and doesn't play with even an allstar.

And without what those guys have he still led houston to 55 wins the 3rd best record in the league and the 10th best offense of alltime.

And this is with no other allstars.

Get this man a superstar robin and go to work. Harden will figure it out.

It didn't work with Dwight because Dwight is not a superstar and his play this year shows he's not the one and he hasn't been since Orlando.

3. Chuck_Ferrari

Chuck_Ferrari Member

Bev and Cousins were made for each other.

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol, not sure teams are stupid, some definitely are and some not i'd say, but regardless, the problem in these past years has been more the fact that there wasn't top talent in the spot imo, after Shaq and Yao we had very little talent there, Dwight had a super body with great potential but he just wasn't in the same category, he was never an alpha...now we have guys like Embiid, Kat...these guys, if they can stay healty and play in a good enviroment, are definitely going to be as important as Shaq, Yao etc were for their teams. .

Cousins has all the talent to be in the same position, but he needs to be better mentally wise, if the best he can do is what we've already seen well, that's not enough. Right now he's not in a terrible enviroment like SacTown but still in a bad one...if he'll be in a good organization in the future that will be his chance to finally grow up as a man and a player.

bilaal14 likes this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Imo Cousin would definitely be a bit risky as a move (see post above, last part) so, i understand who doesn't want/trust him, but i agree with you in the end, we need at least another top player to really compete, and if other/better options like George/Hayward etc are not attainable i'm ok with taking a flier with Boogie.

YaoMing#1 and bilaal14 like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

I disagree. Post man has been dead for years. It's no longer efficient enough with the pace and space of today's league to be a true game changer. The elite teams know that already

7. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

The problem is cousins is just an idiot. he always settles for his jumper and if he understands the system he would be the third option at the end of the shot clock to create his own shot down low and he could be pretty good.

jae713 likes this.
  8. jae713

jae713 Member

Cousins is versatile enough to where he is not glued entirely at the paint. He can bring his game out enough to allow spacing. I don't think post man are dead, I just think they are not very many that are good on offense. Post man now are more athletic but not as polished.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  9. HRox832

HRox832 Member

This means absolutely nothing. I can't believe this post alone added 5 extra pages to this thread. Harden wore a Bulls hat a while ago. Doesn't mean he's going to Chicago. Talk about starting something over nothing.

RocketsFan0 likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We pawned our future before.

Why not groom our own superstar for a change. The last was Yao.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

It just isn't efficient enough for today's game. Whether it's bc there's not many or not, which is true btw but doesn't really matter

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

That requires a very high draft pick, likely top 5 or even top 3. The Rockets aren't going to have one of those as long as Harden is on the roster. Sure, we might get extraordinarily lucky and find a budding superstar at #28, but realistically, bringing in an already-developed star is the only way to pair one with Harden.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We have survived so many superstars. Harden is going to go out on a high note. And we are back to the war room and off to other superstars.

14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Or just Boogie saying Houston or 1 year rental. Any superstar can easily tank their trade value just by insisting on only signing with a couple of teams. Personally, his personality is daunting and I don't know if I would ever want to bring a player like him into the fold, but if Harden and Boogie wants each other, I trust Morey will work his magic and make it happen.

joshuaao and topfive like this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

This is true, i remember seeing him few games and he really had a bad shot selection, but that was in a bad enviroment overall, who knows in a good team with a good coach and an actual system...again, maybe he would suck there too, but maybe not.

16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

trust me, he would make us very strong. I couldn't care less about how he acted in Sacramento, that place turns players in to crazy people. Fans need to stop being afraid so much.

17. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Suck? This guy has never sucked. All world talent with a messed up head

18. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I think Cousins will fit with any team offensively, as a center. Even if he had the same problem with not getting post touches that Dwight Howard had (which he doesn't) it would be ok because he can actually score in the post. He's one of the best at it. And, the attitude is an issue but he's no worse than Rodman or Rasheed Wallace and they were keys to championships.

The only problem I have with Cousins is defense. He's in the most important defensive position in basketball but he is not particularly athletic or dedicated on that end. He's like the center version of Harden, but you can't hide him defensively. Even if he was giving max effort on that end he is too slow footed to be great in PnR defense.

With all that said. If he wants to be here, you roll the dice and find defenders to put around him and James.

19. Garner

Garner Member

If the guy hated losing so much, he'd figure it out. he has all the tools.

This couldn't be a bigger stay away. No way in hell

20. fattz

fattz Member

Do we really want to spend the cap space on him? We could get the sum of role players that add up to his production at half the cost and a lot less headaches, too. He just childish and unreliable in big moments. There is a reason Sac kept Willie --> he is a better teammate.