1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sneak preview of the 22-game winning streak documentary tonight, 6:30 PM @ Toyota Center

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Mar 14, 2017.

1. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

If LaVar Ball were on that team they would've won 82 consecutive games.

swyyyguy, TheFreak and DonKnock like this.
  2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Probably. :p I've beaten Woj to the punch before. I'm still no @cyberx!

DonKnock likes this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

4. HR Dept

If that would've been a picture of LaVar Ball Yao would've never broken his foot and T-Mac's 360 dunk against Chicago would've counted.

DonKnock likes this.
  5. OTMax

OTMax Member

DonKnock likes this.
  6. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

DonKnock and heypartner like this.
  7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

We never questioned that team's effort or even heard of the word lackadaisical.

8. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

When you have T-Mac leading your team, you always have pure heart and effort. :eek:

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I planned on it for weeks but unfortunately got hit with a virus last night that has torn through everyone in the family. I've been in bed all day... don't think I'll be able to make the Lakers game either. I feel awful I missed it. I heard it's awesome.

10. Dave2000

Fantastic documentary, it gave me chills, great memories but at the same time was depressed by the time it ended

They started back when we drafted Yao, hired JVG, traded for Tmac, losing to the Jazz in 7 during '07 Playoffs to the following year being defeated by the Lakers, then the discussion of "what if?" Yao and Tmac were healthy
    Great input from most of the team, along with a few surprises with Woj, Michael Wilbon, and Charlie Palilo
    Some scenes you didn't see before, from JVG giving input on Yao's offensive game, draft war room when we drafted Brooks, Landry, the talk of getting Scola from the Spurs when Scola had a contract on the table to stay in Europe
    Some facts I forgot during that season where the #1 seed won 57 games (Lakers) while the #9 seed (Warriors) won 48, only 9 games separated 2/3 of the conference, that is insane.....
    The Wizards game where we found out about losing Yao rest of the season, Wizards only scored 23 points at HALFTIME, and won that game 94-69
    Funny to see eventual Rockets on other teams from the obvious Artest on the Kings, Josh Smith with Hawks, and a young Lou Williams scoring on us with the Sixers

I'm sure they'll show it on Root soon, definitely a MUST watch

There was a QA session with Ackerman, Rafer, Palilo, and Gerson Rosas

A few things that stood out

Rafer thought he was a goner before training camp after they brought in Mike James, Francis, Brooks, to go along with him and Luther Head. He told his family that pack up since he knew he was going to be traded, During training camp, Adelman praised the hell out of Rafer after he came back in shape and outplayed every other PG. He was asked if he still keeps up with the rest of the team, mentioned Chuck Hayes' kid and his kid play together. Also said he visited Yao recently with Bonzi Wells over in China.

Great setup by the organization for the viewing at the Toyota Center. Entered through the the Tundra garage entrance, had "Stars" on the floor with each player, pictures from each 22 games, huge cut out of majority of the team as you walk down to the club section. They gave various candy, cotton candy, popcorn, drinks as you entered the lower bowl with the screen lowered for our viewing pleasure. I do complain how STH benefits have decreased every year since I started 06-07 season but this was definitely a nice benefit for us.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#30 Dave2000, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    RocketsMAN!, Deuce, HR Dept and 9 others like this.
  11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Felt sick to my stomach about that 2007 team. If someone could have just gotten that damn rebound. Had that same feeling of numbness from 2007 that I had watching this film during that scene.

The film is very good. Best thing is the insight and audio footage of things we don't normally hear.

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

You should hear what this great Rick Adelman person said about a certain player on their team during the streak. I saw the doc. I know what he said.

13. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

14. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

You know the best part of the night was running into me ;)

I swear I only visit Houston about 2 times a year but I run into you and Kam since there is always a Rockets event, or flood for that matter. Good seeing you buddy.

I totally agree with the assessment and review of the event. Very well done and the behind the scenes stuff that we never got to see was great.

Dave2000 likes this.
  15. OTMax

OTMax Member

Tnx for the summary! Awesome it's not just the streak, but the whole story of losing in 07 up to 09 :) Hope they included some nice footage of Rafer's balling out of control, Deke's fountain of youth, Yao's dominance, did not forget the heart of Landry against the Jazz and maybe at least mention Mike Harris.

16. Dave2000

It's weird they mentioned it, they barely covered Landry's end of the game block during game 3 of the '08 series like it was an after thought. There was a good segment on Mike Harris with his game vs. Bobcats. Was surprised that Luther Head wasn't one of the players that interviewed.

Always good seeing you @Stack24

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

GET CHARLIE PALLILO BACK INTO LOCAL RADIO!!!!!

18. HR Dept

Luther Head's disappearing act during the 2007 playoffs has not been forgotten. He came through big that entire season before vanishing vs the Jazz.

Dave2000 likes this.
  19. Dave2000

True but he still lives in the area I believe, and they interviewed Novak and Harris where this was recent and not archive footage.

One tidbit forgot to mention, there was this lady, obvious Lakers/Kobe nuthugger, was actually cheering when they showed Kobe highlights of the 22nd win. GTFO out of my arena lady, thank god we don't have that anymore filling up the TC.....

#39 Dave2000, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  20. luckystrikes

luckystrikes Member

Mrs. Lucky and I were one of the fortunate ones who were there last night.

It is an amazing film, put on by a group of dedicated guys and gals who worked their behinds off for the past 3 years to make it happen Joe Abercrombie and Jim Adessa were the masterminds behind the feature, and it's a must see for any Rockets fan. I'm proud to say I saw the rough cut (2+ hrs long) 6 or so months ago, but was sworn to secrecy about its existence.

#40 luckystrikes, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    heypartner and Dave2000 like this.