1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is your Biggest Strength / Weakness?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SK34, Mar 7, 2017.

1. da_juice

da_juice Member

This is all good stuff, I've started getting into the more serious interview phase of my own job hunt so all of this helps. I especially like your input @droxford .

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Not when I'm both restating and explaining a hypothetical answer to a question that entails self-criticism during a competitive process.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lots of weaknesses

Strong one might be memory of people's faces.... just cannot shake them off.

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Human Resources checking in. If your interviewer asks this bland question more or less verbatim, then you're ok with using one of the generic answers posted here. They're likely not digging too far into your answers anyway.

But, trust me when I tell you that there are a million different ways to get the genuine answer to these questions. So when faced with specific behavioral based questions, be mindful of how you answer. And be honest. A good interviewer will reveal weaknesses with their line of questioning and if you're not honest you may attach yourself to weaknesses that may not be accurate. Or you'll make it obvious that your most glaring weakness is a lack of honesty and integrity.

Also, a good interviewer/panel will make you feel extremely comfortable. They'll make jokes and they'll all laugh, one of them may even find a way to relate to you in some way. They'll get you to relax, sit back in your chair, and... Spill the beans. I've seen this happen to people without them knowing what hit them. I've also seen people clam up as if they have something to hide.

I've put in a lot of time to become a good interviewer, and I'm pretty good at exposing the fakes. But many in the industry aren't. You may not even have to worry about any of this, especially if you're a straight shooter to begin with.

5. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Guess what. I have flaws. What are they?. Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me!

6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Literally just watched that episode on Netflix last night! :D

jank1434 likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

Answer the questions like this...

Biggest strength: I am a clinically diagnosed sociopath capable of creating total chaos in the work place.

Biggest weakness: I keep getting the women in my workplace pregnant.

8. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member