1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets in talk with league about DMO

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by No Chance, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Dude wanted to post in a new and epic Dmo thread.

But then he got high.

DonKnock likes this.
  2. basketballholic

3. basketballholic

Utah may very well have a complaint too.......if they weren't notified that DMo was back in the RFA pool before Morey signed him to the current deal.

Frankly the whole league may have a complaint here, or at least those with cap space.

4. bongman

bongman Member

If you get the ball on the post and score with same efficieny as the other players in the league, doesn't that make you elite?

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

5 seasons maybe, he broker out under adelman and had an allstar half a season under McHale before he got injured. DMo is just perma injured

6. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Hence, why it didn't deserve its own thread. ;)

heypartner likes this.
  7. Stiles

Stiles Member

According to the article posted in the thread that is not the case. I am posting the part that discusses that:

"Finally, though, the Rockets and Motiejunas split the difference -- in essence, they threw out the offer sheet, which is, again, allowed under the rules -- and started over, with a new contract. The new deal essentially is the same as the old one, with a couple of tweaks. It’s for $37 million, without all the incentives."

Seems like the Nets or Jazz wouldn't have a say then. Unless this is incorrect information.

8. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Man does DaDakota ever get tired of being wrong?

I just don't understand how it's possible to almost always be wrong.

9. basketballholic

To "throw out the contract and start over" means DMo is put back in RFA pool. IF they renegotiated a deal ahead of tearing up the Nets deal and then signed him to a deal before the other teams were even informed that he was available as an RFA then Utah and the others may have a complaint here.

And if they tore up the Nets deal which blocks the Nets from signing or trading for him for a whole year based on the fact that he passed the Nets physical but didn't take theirs, and then they sign him to a deal and he fails their physical then the Nets would have reason to lodge a complaint as well.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yeah, I brought up the possibility of Utah (or others) complaining, too.

But since I said that in other thread, let me add again here that Utah complaining would be in direct conflict with BKN's complaint. BKN would want to roll back to point of offer sheet is still in play and DMo has to accept HOU match or BKN gets him. Utah would claim BKN is completely out of play and DMo should be an unsigned RFA since he refused to report for the match

A judgment for BKN would be a judgment against Utah, and vice versa.

DonKnock and craguin like this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Maybe it is the rest of the NBA teams fighting.
    They don't like the idea that the Free Agent and basically pocket veto the RFA deal
    by not showing up
    and get another one deal

Rocket River

12. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

Seems like my senior moments are getting worse. Not quiet 80 but almost. Things are slipping away from me!
    Thanks heypartner.

Nook and heypartner like this.
  13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

So do you think this mess stemmed from BKN or Utahs complaints ?

Or do you think he failed the physical/ there is a holdup on that matter that needs league judgement ?

Or do you think he no doubt failed and we are trying to let Brooklyn have him?

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you guys's standards are WAY too high

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Your life must be very sad for keep finding lies to comfort your own soul.

16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

No, that just makes you average. Elite is when no matter what the D throws at you, your ability in that area can overcome them. Players like Hakeem and McHale, you can throw 2-3 people on them and they will still find a way to score on you. Scola never could do that. His had great post moves and was crafty, but it was not at a level where he can dominate opposing defenses. A single defender, yes. When the other team has to game scheme for your post game and you still come out on top, that's being elite.

17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Scola had fluid and quick post moves (technique), but did not have speed as a player. He didn't have size, strength, or power either.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This is all speculation and having fun, I have no clue what is going on and trying to generate discussion with others about it....

I am not WRONG all the time - just about the same as everyone else I guess, I just post a lot of speculation and discussion - if you want to make me WRONG in your eyes...I can live with that.

DD

ajc123, jump shooter and hakeem94 like this.
  19. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I'm gonna say it..

RFA is a dirty business.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Since Dmo and rockets agreed on a new deal, there might be different rights that BJ is exercising. Maybe he tricked the Rockets into believing Dmo was going to accept a new offer, be happy & play ball. It could be it was never their intention for Dmo to suit up for the Rockets.

#120 BasketballMind, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.