1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump, the Fools that Voted for Him, and the Fools that Stayed Home

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Deckard, Nov 9, 2016.

1. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

It is a country divided. No question about that. Neither of us are going to see it the others way completely. But I respect your opinion and position. I just can not agree with it.

One thing I am sure we can both agree with is that I hope another upset happens tonight and the rox take down the spurs. Hell weird crap happened last night. Why not tonight. Thanks for the debate.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well recently it's been a string of upsets. Leicester, Brexit, Colombia Peace Agreement, USA women losing, Cavs/Cubs winning, maybe Houston sports can keep it going.

3. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Deckard I disagree with you. I voted for Clinton despite living in NYC where my vote for President doesn't mean a whole lot - but I warned you about this months ago and you mocked me. That's why this was lost - complacency.

Complacency by Clinton, the DNC, and most Dems. Complacent that African Americans would show up in the same numbers as they did for the first black president. Complacency in choosing Tim Kaine over Bernie Sanders as your VP, ignoring the will and passion of a big chunk of the nation.

Fact is Hillary failed to realize what was going on - why Bernie and Trump were getting such fervent support. They inspired people and she didn't. That's why she lost. Clinton didn't get any less votes that the prior uninspiring candidate - Kerry who lost.

Turnout is everything, and instead of blaming the people for not turning out for an election or candidate they were inspired about - whom they didn't think was any better than the alternative in their lives. You can argue they are ignorant for thinking that, but I'd argue it's the responsibility of leaders to inspire people to feel that they must care and must show up to vote.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

You need mandates when you need the people
    Trump doesn't. He has both houses and gets to basically appoint is on Supreme Court 'Decider'

He is a vengeful and spiteful man.
    Those that were against him will pay IMO
    He doesn't *have* to listen to the democrats AT ALL

Rocket River

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That was certainly the case when Obama was elected and it didn't end well. Hopefully Trump handles things better.

7. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Deckard, attitudes like yours are the reason Trump won. You think you know what's best for everyone when in reality you don't know ****. Your arrogant attitude and feeling of superior intelligence represents what pissed off Trump voters and convinced many people to leave the Democratic party. I voted for Trump and have a degree in a STEM field so you can't call me an uneducated white male as the media has tried to portray Trump voters. We're sick of the bullshit in Washington and Clinton was the epitome of that bullshit. I realize Trump has his issues and is inexperienced, but he's going to break the status quo. You guys could have literally put up anyone else and you would've won the election. I would've happily voted for Bernie over Trump but the DNC decided to rig it against him.

Jobs are being shipped out due to things like TPP, health care premiums are skyrocketing due to the ACA, and our borders are basically opened now when we can't even take care of our own. People trying to make this into a race thing, a gender thing, or any other identity politics are simple minded.

Also, Trump would've won regardless of third party votes. It's been mathematically proven.

Geaux Rockets and AntiSonic like this.
  8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

How do you make these claims if you have a degree in a STEM field???

TPP is shipping jobs out? NAFTA? Do you even know history? Jobs have been fleeing since the 70's - it's not trade deals it's labor costs. 6 out 7 manufacturing jobs are lost to automation. U.S. Manufacturing is far more robust today than when NAFTA was passed. They just don't need many workers as they used to.

Health Care premiums are skyrocketing regardless of Obamacare. When Obamacare is repealed, they will continue to rise at the same rate if not faster.

You claim to have a STEM degree but then you go forth and spew things that demonstrate a lot of judgment without knowing the facts which is very un-STEM-like.

9. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Vanity of vanities! All things are vanity!

VANITY OF HUMAN TOIL
    What profit have we from all the toil
    which we toil at under the sun?
    One generation departs and another generation comes,
    but the world forever stays.
    The sun rises and the sun sets;
    then it presses on to the place where it rises.
    Shifting south, then north,
    back and forth shifts the wind, constantly shifting its course.
    All rivers flow to the sea,
    yet never does the sea become full.
    To the place where they flow,
    the rivers continue to flow.
    All things are wearisome,
    too wearisome for words.
    The eye is not satisfied by seeing
    nor has the ear enough of hearing.
    What has been, that will be; what has been done, that will be done. Nothing is new under the sun!
    Even the thing of which we say, “See, this is new!” has already existed in the ages that preceded us.
    There is no remembrance of past generations; nor will future generations be remembered by those who come after them.

10. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

This is the price Hillary paid for calling a hispanic cartoon frog racist.

11. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Labor costs and trade are literally intertwined genius.

As STEM, I'm sure you've never seen engineers getting replaced by cheap foreign labor overseas.

#131 bingsha10, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You have no clue what you are talking about.

13. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

At the end of the day, I blame Hillary, actually. Too many skeletons, but her ego won't let her graciously hand over the baton.

I'd imagine Joe Biden would have kicked Drumpf's ass so hard. Oh well, what could have been.

14. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

You know what? It's precisely the attitude reflected in the title of this thread that made Trump win a surprise. How else no 'smart' people see this coming? Because you keep thinking all others a fools. LOL.

mick fry likes this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seeing the protests I share some of Deckard's frustration. Maybe also too I am just getting old and exacerbated at the young. One thing that I see is that these protests are composed of and led overwhelmingly by younger people. Considering that Clinton far underperformed Obama in that category if more of these people had just turned out and voted then they wouldn't need to be out protesting now.

Deckard likes this.
  16. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Trump would of won anyway, pretty much regardless of who the Democrats had.

When Obama was elected, it showed in a way that people moved past racism and inequality, but through those 8 years whites felt like they're "losing their country", so they made sure someone like Trump got in.

He won fair and square, give the man a chance, no point in rioting

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

The problem is complacency and honestly you and Deckard are very guilty of this kind of thinking. Both of you never thought Trump had a realistic shot and wondered if he really was even serious. It was that mentally that the left had that made them think there was no way this could happen - which is exactly why it happened.

I find it laughable that Deckard writes this as he was one of the most complacent.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

It is quite simple. Dems took it for granted that Hillary would win and not only win abut win by a landslide. The polls showed that, the media said that, most analysts had Hillary winning.

So they thought to themselves, "this is a foregone conclusion, why go wait in the long lines to vote?"

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

there's still hope for hillary.....nelson mandela became president after 27yrs in prison..

AntiSonic likes this.
  20. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Deckard, I am sorry that you never realized what a truly weak candidate that Hillary was and how the Clinton types including Obama have destroyed the Democratic Party, lost both Houses of Congress and lost most of the State Houses, too. Hopefully you will be aboard as new progressive forces take over the Democratic Party if it is to revive.

FWIW I did vote for Hillary, but as with many Bernie supporters it was hard to do much more than that, of course being in TX it did not matter in the non 50 state policy essentially espoused by the present Democratic Party elite.

In talking to some old style moderate liberals who never even gave Bernie a sniff the best they could say about Hillary, was "It could be worse". This was not very inspiring.