1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016] What APPs have you actually purchased?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I realize I only have used free apps.
    I have not deemed any worth purchasing
    but
    I have friends who swear by some of them
    esp the ones you only purchase once

I have thought about paying for some in app things but never pulled the trigger

What are the best apps out there for the price?
    What do they do?

Rocket River

2. hvic

hvic Member

The only app I purchased was CamScanner when it first came out. Taking a picture of documents can then be sent by PDF or JPEG easily to email. I use it pretty often when the stupid scanner at work is malfunctioning.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

For Android?

Poweramp
    FoxFi

I don't like connecting my cc info with google, so I bought it on the app webpage rather than the Play Store.

4. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

The one paid app that really exceeded my expectations is OPlayer HD. It's a fantastic video player for a few dollars, then there are a few more dollars' worth of in-app purchases to unlock/license support for certain codecs & such. It's worlds better than any other video app I've tried in iOS. I even used to have a separate media server app, but OPlayer added that as well recently. It's probably the most-used app on my iPad, save perhaps for Safari.

Also pretty happy with OurGroceries. It's a free app, but there's like a $5 in-app purchase to eliminate ads and let you take pictures of items. I thought about AnyList, but as nice as it seems, it's not cross-platform... and there's also a $12 yearly fee for a lot of the features. I'm totally okay with a one time $5 purchase for a good app. Notsomuch on subscription fees.

5. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

On Android:

Textra (for texting; quick reply is indispensable but it was the custom colors that put it over the top)
    Podcast Addict (Honestly not sure if they're the best, but I use it daily so I decided to support them)
    Nova launcher (Have it on all my devices. Swiping and gestures make it a must-have for me)

I'm considering purchasing Slide (for reddit) because it's head and shoulders above the competition.

I was very close to purchasing Plume (for twitter) as I have used it for a very long time but the current iteration of the official twitter app is on another level in terms of responsiveness

7. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Nova Launcher is a must, adds a lot of nice functionality to your home screens, organization, etc. I recently bought LK, which lets you use your android device as a midi controller for Ableton Live.

8. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Poweramp

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yes! Nova and Textra for sure.

10. Dei

Dei Member

Minecraft
    HP Prime for Android which is ****ing amazing. Works better than the real thing:

11. Asian Sensation

Tinder. What a time to be alive.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  12. CCorn

CCorn Member

Places I've pooped. Now my friends and I can track each other to see where we have pooped. We can also leave reviews we know where a good shitter is.

Technology is amazing!

13. what

what Member

MobileBiz Pro, for my business. I think it is much cheaper now, but at the time I paid: $22 for it. It is the best (by far) invoice-on-the-fly mobile app on any platform.

Also, I bought, because it was cheap, accuweather (without ads). But I regret it because I literally never use the app itself.

14. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

You can still buy apps? I thought everything was based on purchasable coin packages and other stupid in-game currency.

I bought swiftkey and NBA Jam (though they don't have updated rosters).

15. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Textra

ubigred likes this.
  16. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Like some already mentioned,
    Must have: Swiftkey, Nova,
    Like, but maybe other apps are better: Solid Explorer, tTorrent, Moon+ reader,
    Paid but never use anymore: Weather apps, Password apps, Poweramp (streaming :(
    Should probably pay to support but havent done it: Pushbullet,

17. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I bought a couple of games, Pandemic and Elder Sign. Love Pandemic, like Elder Sign.