1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 10/26/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 24, 2016.

1. WestendMassive

That guy was hilarious. Just did not let up.

2. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

westbrook got his heckler thrown the eff out of the arena, harden should do the same next

3. kevtse

kevtse Member

LOL he was doing it all game long. He was so pissed everytime Harden drew a foul.

4. Houtho

Houtho Member

@heypartner

Loved your video breakdowns thus far, any thoughts on highlighting the plays from this game which made
    Jeff Bzdelik angry?

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Defense is my favorite for sure. That link is a June 1st article though. Where does he say he's angry about the LAL game.

Right now, I'm focusing on MDA's offense, and the defenses used to stop it. I've found over the years, ppl like the offensive breakdowns. But I will get to defense for sure. As they say on the bbs, that's what the Rockets need.

Houtho likes this.
  6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I watched the replay, honestly I think the Lakers with Walton are better than everyone is giving them credit for. They have some serious young talent and for their home opener they were hyped.

DwangBoy likes this.
  7. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

".... and lose." fixed.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

struggle to win 25 games this year and starting tonight they'll lose by double digits to utah

9. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I think they were fortunate to play a terrible defensive team to start the season. Most teams, even the below average ones, play some defense. I doubt they'll win over 30 games.

10. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I put this game all on MDA. First, he didn't do what HE said he was going to do in the last 2 preseason games, and that was to use them as a warm up and preparation for the regular season opener by playing his starters regular minutes and narrowing down his rotations. Instead he kept trying to play players that were getting cut too many minutes trying to make a decision when he had already seen them the whole training camp and preseason, when Morey was probably making his decisions on that end anyway. He also even went so far as to sit out his main starters for the last preseason game as if they had already proved something, which they HAD NOT, because preseason success doesn't count.

Therefore these guys were NOT in game shape, so while they "had tired legs" is a horrible excuse and bad reason to lose, it's probably some truth to it because none of those guys had played 30 minutes at all yet in a real game with intensity. That's all MDA's fault for making the decision to not play these guys those minutes in the last two preseason games. He should know that if he wants his guys to play at that fast of a pace in real games for 30 plus minutes, that they need to be in shape for it during the preseason, and you only achieve that by playing in real games at that pace. You can't get in game shape in practice.

Also, it's MDA's fault for NOT deciding on a real rotation plan and therefore treating this game like a preseason game trying to decide who should get minutes. Ennis and Brewer did JACK DOODOO to earn any minutes in a real game. So why is MDA playing them at all? (Unless Morey is making him play them to try to up their trade value) Those two guys will never up their trade value, so playing them can only hurt the team. Either cut them, or trade them by adding in other assets to get rid of them and move on. Morey should know this by now, but I think his EGO is trying to make him get some value out of them that EVERY MEMBER ON CLUTCHFANS can see doesn't exist.

MDA played horrible rotations and player combinations that reminded me of McHale and JBB's coaching styles. Using players out of position, at bad times, that shouldn't even play at all, for more minutes than they should have played, and not using players that could have helped in the situations occurring on the court.

Again, Ennis and Brewer should NEVER EVER PLAY under any circumstances unless everyone else is hurt or fouled out and they are the only way we can get five men on the court. Harrell should definitely have gotten minutes against a young energetic team that obviously had more energy than we did in the second half. And Wilter should have gotten some minutes to see if his shot was on in the second half when it became clear that "our legs were tired" and we couldn't hit any wide open 3's. Even Bobby Brown should have gotten some minutes for instant offense before Ennis or Brewer, since we couldn't score hardly anything in the second half.

Our rotations should have been and should be going forward now until we get either Bev, DMo or both back:

Harden (38)/Gordon(10)/Brown
    Gordon(26)/KJ(24)/Ariza
    Ariza(30)/Dekker(18)/KJ
    Anderson(34)/Harrell(14)/Wiltjer
    Capela (30)/Nene(18)/Harrell(only against real small ball lineups)

The 3rd guy on each of those positions should only get minutes there in case of foul trouble or injury, otherwise they don't play. If your name isn't on that list above, you should probably not be on this team. WE NEED A TRADE. Until we make a trade or get Bev or DMo in to play, if MDA can't understand this simple rotation pattern, don't expect the Rockets to win many games. It's not ROCKET SCIENCE. :confused:

11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

No, we just needed someone there to tell them to play harder :)

12. craguin

craguin Member