1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#11 Houston vs SMU

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Fulgore, Oct 18, 2016.

1. jbasket

jbasket Member

Fixed it for you.

duwende likes this.
  2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

That loss yesterday was worse than the Utep embarrassment in 2008. 38-16 to freaking SMU?? I'm still in shock

3. HTR99

HTR99 Member

This is less about other schools and their alumni wanting him as that's understood. Those schools, with their boosters and donors, are usually afraid to hire a P5 coordinator with little to none HC experience and try to poach from a winning/up and coming G5 HC.

Did Sumlin admit to talking with TAMU?
    Did Justin Fuente acknowledge talking to VT?
    Did Dino Babers say he's in advanced talks with Syracuse?

No, these coaches use some form of "We're focused on the next game, we're preparing for (insert team) or I'm trying to build a program here."

Yes, Herman hasn't said he isn't fully committed. Why should he? If he doesn't get the job (unlikely), it makes for an uncomfortable situation if he returns. Those guys didn't say they weren't fully committed either but the end result was the same for their former Universities as they all left.

If your name is linked to other job(a) and you don't/can't come out to say you're staying, it's pretty clear on your intent of leaving at the end of the season. Let's not forget Herman describing the talks with South Carolina as "intense" just last year. However, Ayers told media, "We had a meeting at the start of the week, and he said, 'I'm not going to talk to anyone about any other job or be in communication with anyone, because I have a task at hand, I don't know what other jobs he'd been talked about with. But he for sure told us he killed the South Carolina thing. He told us this is where he wanted to be, and if anything happens, it's not gonna be right now." Was Herman saying one thing to his players and having his agent do another behind closed doors? This year, no player has said anything similar this year because he might not have addressed it with them as LSU is open, UT will be open and USC could be open.

These kids hear everything and know what's going on around them. They are a representation of the program and are closely connected to their coaches. Perhaps, I'm looking into it too deep as I'm using their current play on the field as a potential message to the fans of what happens to CTH.

LonghornFan likes this.
  4. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

I know, I was there in person to see it, unfortunately... Our fans outnumbered theirs and it wasn't close.

I don't know what it could be. McCloskey says the coaching rumors don't bother them. CTH says they have a great week of preparation every week. My guess is that injuries are catching up, key players are out, and the team hasn't had a bye week yet. SMU had nearly 2 weeks to prepare, including the bye week.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Have to take the ups with the downs.

A bedsh1tting will happen once every so often.

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

We all thought that was the navy game

7. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Navy is a good team. SMU is not.

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I think Navy last season was much better. Guess we got to look forward to the damn discount tire bowl now smh

9. PhiSlammaJamma

For the players sake, I hope they go to Miami Beach Bowl instead of getting stuck near Texas. The chance for a high profile matchup is low, so get them to good spot where they can enjoy the ride. A good record helps with recruiting so we need to keep winning.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Listening to Sirius college this morning. Says Houston was distracted with the big 12 letdown

11. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

We were much better at this point last year as well.

Our OL is donkeyfarts and our DBs are dropping left and right.