1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] South Park - Season 20

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ryan_98, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I liked it, liked last season, and like how actions from previous episodes carry over. 20 years is a long freaking time so they have to change up their approach every now and then.

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Season 20?

Has this show been on for 20 years?

3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

They have done multiple seasons in a year I think, but it's been 19 years.

4. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I think PC Principal is hilarious. I'll laugh at just about anything he says.

And thinking about the longevity of the show, it's pretty impressive. I remember watching their initial Jesus vs. Santa video on dial-up connection. What a time to be alive.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Girls Rule. Women Are Funny. Get Over It

6. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

As finalsbound wrote, they just need to focus on Randy Marsh and Cartman episodes.

The show is almost always great when the focus is on either of those two.

Creating an episode out of current events is nice and funny once or twice in a while but when it's every week it becomes stale.

7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

You've seen how they make an episode, right? They do it all in a week. As a result, they don't spend terribly long writing it. 10 episodes? 10 weeks worth of work. Under a time crunch, using current events as a jumping off point is always an easier path than coming up with something from scratch. I liked the episode, but I think the show would be better if they didn't limit themselves to a week just because they can get away with it. It's like, why spend time studying to make an A+ when I can just cram and make a B-.

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Not a southpark fan but they said they find it more enjoyable and produce better shows in a week. Plus what other show can produce episodes that fast? Big advantage not having a new season that was made 4-6 months before showing.

9. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this might have been the heaviest (dramatic) episode of the series.

10. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

This episode sums up bigtexxx and Ronny in a nutshell.

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This season is lacking in creative witty outlandish stories that we loved South Park for. EVERYTHING is a message.

12. Caesar

Caesar Member

Gortoz a Ran from the Black Hawk Down movie score had me cracking up

13. Buck Turgidson

Don't forget Butters.

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Uhhh there have always been messages as the end of the show. Stan was always doing monologues at the end of the episode learning about something from that weeks story.

I personally love the new Southpark. The first 2 or 3 seasons were really great, but the following 10 or so seasons were very blah and boring.

Stone and Parker live to offend everyone. I really appreciate how they use current events. I have also noticed they subtly offend one side when they are blatantly offending the other side.

16. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

I think it is very telling that a group of grown adults are going to sit here and discuss a teenager show (at best) which exhibits crude humor at the pinnacle of immaturity. This is another reason why this country is failing. Trump can't get here soon enough. Trump 2016. Build the wall. Make America great again.

Jk. I effin love South Park.

17. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Geralds trolling was a little boring this episode, but they certainly nailed the political debate, both candidates and voter rationale on both sides.

18. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

True. I don't care about politics, and as much as they are trying to seem like they don't it's clear they do prefer one candidate over the other. They were right before, it's always a turd and a douche, but they are really pushing it in our faces now to say we called it over 10 years ago.

The messages are fine every once in a while, but like you said everything is another message.

19. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

This is wrong. Many kids grew up watching this show, and the show creators cater and gear thew show towards their main and original audience. That's why you're seeing more stories and less toilet humor. The problem is we still want the toilet humor just in a more creative way, and less messages because we are capable of thinking for ourselves. Everyone already knew this election was a turd vs a douche.

20. Caesar

Caesar Member

poor Ike haha